Author Topic: Patriot’s pride: US soldiers endure tough year to safeguard weapons flow to Ukraine  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Patriot’s pride: US soldiers endure tough year to safeguard weapons flow to Ukraine
By PHILLIP WALTER WELLMAN
STARS AND STRIPES • March 13, 2023

SOUTHEAST POLAND — The soldiers of Delta Battery are hypervigilant for a potential attack that could plunge 30 nations into conflict with Russia, and they’ve been that way ever since arriving last year with their Patriot missiles at little more than a muddy field.

Hypervigilance means no alcohol, ever. Passes to leave the small outpost of dirt-filled Hesco walls topped with razor wire come rarely, and no one goes far in case of an emergency.

Delta Battery’s task is to make sure that if the Russians ever fire at the billions of dollars’ worth of aid making its way from NATO territory to Ukraine, their Patriot missiles will keep the cargo moving and the people nearby it safe.

Stars and Stripes has agreed to withhold the exact location of the battery for security reasons.

https://www.stripes.com/branches/army/2023-03-13/patriot-air-defense-soldiers-poland-9478632.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson