Author Topic: DeSantis, Florida GOP proposing ‘nation’s strongest crackdown on illegal immigration’  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DeSantis, Florida GOP proposing ‘nation’s strongest crackdown on illegal immigration’
March 13, 2023 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton |  Print Article

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) has proposed what is being called the nation’s strongest crackdown on illegal immigration that any state in the country has ever undertaken and the Florida state legislature is moving to quickly pass it.

They will be the strongest restrictions against illegal immigration that have been seen in the “modern history of Florida.” The Washington Examiner called it the “legal version of a physical wall.” The legislation will seek to cut off avenues of access to illegal immigrants and it will ostensibly make earning a living for them in the state much more difficult.

The governor announced his policy plan on Feb. 23. Its aim is to fight back against the border catastrophe created under President Biden’s administration and to deter illegal immigrants from coming to the Sunshine State.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/03/13/desantis-florida-gop-proposing-nations-strongest-crackdown-on-illegal-immigration-1340390/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson