Author Topic: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Nearly 11,000 Foreigners Repatriated After Attempting to Enter Flori  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Nearly 11,000 Foreigners Repatriated After Attempting to Enter Florida Illegally During Biden’s Border Crisis
On March 10, 2023, in News Releases, by Staff
State of Emergency extended to continue response efforts

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced since August 21, 2022, nearly 11,000 migrants have been repatriated after attempting to enter the state illegally. Over the weekend, 167 migrants were interdicted, with 51 migrants apprehended upon landing. Nearly 350 migrant vessels have been reported, with 259 removed by the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC). Earlier this week, Governor DeSantis signed Executive Order 23-49, extending the state of emergency for the ongoing illegal migration.

“As Biden’s Border Crisis continues unabated, my administration is working hard to protect our communities and businesses from the many threats posed by illegal immigration,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “Because of our action, we have seen a drop in the number of vessels and people able to make landing in the Florida Keys, and our continued presence serves as a deterrent for illegal immigration. By extending the State of Emergency, we will continue to surge resources to assist interdiction and repatriation efforts.”

“FDEM is committed to continue working with our state and local partners to increase coastal vigilance and provide improved situational awareness on migrant activities,” said FDEM Director Kevin Guthrie. “There are many risks associated with surges in migration, and the Division stands ready to respond to any potential threat our state faces.”

https://www.flgov.com/2023/03/10/governor-ron-desantis-announces-nearly-11000-foreigners-repatriated-after-attempting-to-enter-florida-illegally-during-bidens-border-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson