Author Topic: Declaring Mexican cartels ‘terrorists’ would expand U.S. ops, bring more assets to law enforcement  (Read 326 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Declaring Mexican cartels ‘terrorists’ would expand U.S. ops, bring more assets to law enforcement
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 / 05:49 PM CST

Updated: Mar 8, 2023 / 02:10 AM CST

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — Local law enforcement agencies support a push by federal officials to declare Mexican drug cartels as “terrorist” organizations, which could provide them more funds and leeway to patrol the border and give the United States more power to dismantle cartels.

Renewed efforts to categorize Mexican cartels have come up in light of the recent kidnapping of four Americans in the northern Mexican border town of Matamoros, across from Brownsville, Texas.

On Tuesday, Mexican authorities announced that two of the U.S. citizens were killed and their bodies were located in a remote area of Matamoros. The other two were injured and taken across the border to a Brownsville hospital, according to media reports.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/declaring-mexican-cartels-terrorists-would-expand-u-s-ops-bring-more-assets-to-law-enforcement/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Problem is that while they use terrorism, they aren't really terrorists. Wouldn't want classifying as that to get hung up in court.

They are criminal, foreign, organized, and kind of a quasi-state within a state that we should be able to declare war upon.

But, the other problem - there is no supply if there is no demand. And there is no restricting supply if the border isn't secure.
The Republic is lost.