Author Topic: U.S. transfers Border Patrol agents to northern border as migrant crossings from Canada rise  (Read 357 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. transfers Border Patrol agents to northern border as migrant crossings from Canada rise
Migrants are flying legally from Mexico to Canada and then crossing south into New York, Vermont and New Hampshire. 
U.S. Border Patrol cameras capture migrants crossing the border into the U.S. in the Swanton Sector, which includes sections of Vermont, New York and New Hampshire.CBP

March 6, 2023, 5:11 PM EST
By Julia Ainsley and Didi Martinez

U.S. Customs and Border Protection has detailed 25 extra agents to a busy section of the northern border, effective Monday, as the number of migrants, particularly those from Mexico, crossing into the U.S. from Canada continues to rise, according to a CBP spokesperson.

At least some of those agents temporarily reassigned to the northern border were formerly stationed on the southern border, according to a source familiar with the move.

NBC News previously reported on the rise in Mexicans crossing into the U.S. from Canada after legally arriving in Canada by air.

Though the Mexican border remains a far busier sector for crossings by undocumented migrants, the recent surge at the Canadian border is garnering more attention inside the agency and requiring additional resources, the source said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/us-transfers-border-patrol-agents-canada-border-migrant-crossings-rcna73623
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson