Author Topic: Climate Change: Short On Proof, Drowning In Nonsense  (Read 125 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change: Short On Proof, Drowning In Nonsense
« on: February 28, 2023, 11:15:43 am »
WRITTEN BY ALAN MORAN ON FEB 27, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Climate Change: Short On Proof, Drowning In Nonsense

Environmentalism, more particularly its prevalent global warming strain, dominates politics. It is the fourth such banner raised by the disgruntled that has conditioned politics since Medieval times.

Earlier eras saw politics underpinned by a struggle against government taxation which in the anglosphere can be marked by Magna Carta (1215), the English Civil War, and the American War of Independence. [emphasis, links added]

France experienced the ‘Fronde’ in 1648, which placed restraints on the king’s ability to levy new taxes, eventuating in the French Revolution a hundred and forty years later when the king was forced to convene a Parliament to seek new revenue sources.

Later, we saw nationalism as a clarion call for a new breed of activists to overturn established rulers thereby creating a new tapestry of sovereign states.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-change-short-on-proof-drowning-in-nonsense/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson