Author Topic: COVID lab leak is a scandal of media and government censorship  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

COVID lab leak is a scandal of media and government censorship
« on: February 27, 2023, 04:58:20 pm »
COVID lab leak is a scandal of media and government censorship
New York Post, Feb 26, 2033, Jonathan Turley

The Wall Street Journal reports that the Energy Department has concluded that the COVID pandemic most likely arose from a laboratory leak.

The conclusion is reportedly based on a classified intelligence report recently provided to the White House and key members of Congress. Many will be exploring why the scientific evidence of a lab leak was so slow to emerge from intelligence agencies.

However, for my part, the most alarming aspect was the censorship, not the science.

There will continue to be a debate over the origins of COVID-19, but now there will be an actual debate.

For years, the media and government allied to treat anyone raising a lab theory as one of three possibilities: conspiracy theorist or racist or racist conspiracy theorist.

As late as May 2021, the New York Times’ Science and Health reporter Apoorva Mandavilli was calling any mention of the lab theory “racist.”

She embodies the model of the new “advocacy journalism” at the Times. Reporters who remained wedded to the dated view of objective journalism were purged from the ranks of the Times long ago.

Mandavilli and others made clear that reporters covering the theory were COVID’s little Bull Connors. She tweeted wistfully “someday we will stop talking about the lab leak theory and maybe even admit its racist roots. But alas, that day is not yet here.”

However, one former New York Times science editor, Nicholas Wade, chastised his former colleagues for ignoring the obvious evidence supporting a lab theory as well as Chinese efforts to arrest scientists and destroy evidence that could establish the origin.

Others in academia quickly joined the bandwagon to assure the public that there is no scientific basis for their theory, leaving only racism or politics as the motivation behind the theory. In early 2020, with little available evidence, two op-eds in The Lancet in February and Nature Medicine went all in on the denial front.

The Lancet op-ed stated, “We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that Covid-19 does not have a natural origin.”

We were also supposed to forget about massive payments from the Chinese government to American universities and grants of some of these writers to both Chinese interests or even the specific Wuhan lab.

More:
https://nypost.com/2023/02/26/covid-lab-leak-is-a-scandal-of-media-and-government-censorship/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: COVID lab leak is a scandal of media and government censorship
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 05:18:47 pm »
They played their hands and showed their true colors when the chips were down.

Only one media outlet that censored the truth, or at least a healthy discussion of possibilities has changed management/ownership. Only one. (Twitter)

The rest aren't worth a dog turd to me, and that includes the Government agencies which stifled discussion, scientific and otherwise.

Why is the ENERGY DEPARTMENT issuing a statement about the origins of COVID??
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 05:55:09 pm »

That's a very good question, to which I have not yet seen an answer.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 06:13:21 pm »
They played their hands and showed their true colors when the chips were down.

Only one media outlet that censored the truth, or at least a healthy discussion of possibilities has changed management/ownership. Only one. (Twitter)

The rest aren't worth a dog turd to me, and that includes the Government agencies which stifled discussion, scientific and otherwise.

Most likely because the DOE has a division that investigates nuclear and biological weapons programs of foreign states, according to this National Review article:
The Journal reports this Department of Energy analysis was conducted by “Z Division,” the intelligence arm of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, which specializes in assessments of the nuclear- and biological-weapons activities of foreign states; their work is rarely declassified, and, when it is, it is often heavily redacted.

Source:  https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/02/the-covid-origin-scandal/

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 07:41:05 pm »
Most likely because the DOE has a division that investigates nuclear and biological weapons programs of foreign states, according to this National Review article:
Source:  https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/02/the-covid-origin-scandal/
How about because the DOE is waving one hand while the other is dealing with a uranium fire?
https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/uranium-fire-smaller-than-one-square-foot/51-d07853e4-32c4-4b56-b625-e53dea91d8f3

(Of course monitoring on site saw no contamination OFF-site. It's not Off-Site).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 08:31:24 pm »
Not to mention complicity and IMO treason, not only with the virus but the vax too.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2023, 08:32:33 pm »
How about because the DOE is waving one hand while the other is dealing with a uranium fire?
https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/uranium-fire-smaller-than-one-square-foot/51-d07853e4-32c4-4b56-b625-e53dea91d8f3

(Of course monitoring on site saw no contamination OFF-site. It's not Off-Site).

How about because the DoE has a well-developed investigation team for investigating bio-weapons?  After all, isn't that what some have been calling COVID-19, a bioweapon?

Would you prefer the FDA, or WHO, or CDC, investigate?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2023, 09:48:13 pm »

How about because the DoE has a well-developed investigation team for investigating bio-weapons?  After all, isn't that what some have been calling COVID-19, a bioweapon?

Would you prefer the FDA, or WHO, or CDC, investigate?
FDA, or WHO, or CDC are likely players in this, and have a conflict of interest, especially considering the outrageous disinformation campaigns and censorship they used to bolster them.

But why is that under DOE? Why not USAMRID? or DOD? (although the latter may be involved in the research). How about an independent commission composed of doctors and biochemists who were not direct players? Or are those who were not denigrated over COVID all compromised? Aren't there any honest scientists left in this area of study?

According to http://www.nuclearactive.org/docs/biowarfare-doe.html

Los Alamos and Lawrence Livermore have no safety procedures for dealing with damaged shipments of anthrax or other infectious biological agents

So I get they may be qualified and equipped to deal with nuclear threats, and possibly chemical ones, but Biological agents seem to be a stretch.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 09:59:09 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2023, 09:52:05 pm »
Why is that under DOE? Why not USAMRID? or DOD? (although the latter may be involved in the research)

Because that is where it was established in 1965:

Z-Division — is a Special Projects Group of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory established to provide the United States Intelligence Community with technical assessments of foreign nuclear programs and weapons capabilities.[1] Z-Division was formed in 1965, bringing together scientists and engineers to help intelligence agencies understand the significance of Soviet nuclear weapons tests. The letter 'Z' was chosen as most letters were already assigned to other divisions. Relationships with the American intelligence community were formalised by a memorandum of understanding drawn up between the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Atomic Energy Commission (now the Department of Energy) in the same year.[2]

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Division

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2023, 10:01:07 pm »
I hate to be my cynical self, lol, but this info coming out now, on the heels of threatened Russian support by China is a little suspicious. I'm pretty sure most of us peons knew where it came from. :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2023, 10:01:44 pm »
Because that is where it was established in 1965:

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Division
See my post above. Keep in mind the CIA, FBI, and other agencies were complicit in, if not driving, the tremendous censorship that bolstered the COVID narrative by eliminating the voices of people who were very well qualified, just by censoring them from media or pressuring platforms to do so.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2023, 10:04:07 pm »
See my post above. Keep in mind the CIA, FBI, and other agencies were complicit in, if not driving, the tremendous censorship that bolstered the COVID narrative by eliminating the voices of people who were very well qualified, just by censoring them from media or pressuring platforms to do so.

Whatever floats your boat, chief.  It's under DoE because DoE has a long-standing investigative team that investigates evidence of bioweapons, which puts investigating for the likely source of COVID right smack in the middle of their portfolio.

There is no other explanation, and none is needed.  An independent inquiry commission might be a super-duper idea, but Congress would have to put that into the works, so until Congress acts, we go with the tools we have.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2023, 10:06:09 pm »
Whatever floats your boat, chief.  It's under DoE because DoE has a long-standing investigative team that investigates evidence of bioweapons, which puts investigating for the likely source of COVID right smack in the middle of their portfolio.

There is no other explanation, and none is needed.  An independent inquiry commission might be a super-duper idea, but Congress would have to put that into the works, so until Congress acts, we go with the tools we have.
I'm just saying that unless they've had massive lab upgrades at DOE, those labs are less secure for a Level 3 or 4 biological than Wuhan was.

But they've all had their shots, right?

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2023, 10:15:17 pm »
I'm just saying that unless they've had massive lab upgrades at DOE, those labs are less secure for a Level 3 or 4 biological than Wuhan was.

But they've all had their shots, right?

Since when did they have the disease there anyways?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2023, 12:01:36 am »
Since when did they have the disease there anyways?

How about because the DoE has a well-developed investigation team for investigating bio-weapons?

Your words, pal, not mine.  If you saw my post upthread, they were not set up for this.

C S Lewis

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2023, 01:33:29 am »
Luke Rudkowski
@Lukewearechange

The WHO, Fauci and Vice “news” should have some explaining to do now…

seriously why don’t these people ever face any kind of legal scrutiny or ramifications?

12:29 PM · Feb 27, 2023

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2023, 01:46:00 am »
These people have lost all credibility and they need a major flushing before the next pandemic
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2023, 01:50:53 am »
Just shows how corrupt our government and media are.  We've all known this for 2-3 years now.   9999hair out0000

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2023, 01:56:28 am »
Just shows how corrupt our government and media are.  We've all known this for 2-3 years now.   9999hair out0000

And the fault is MEDIA.
If reporting were true journalism, this government could not exist.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2023, 02:03:56 am »

Extremely corrupt

So when does Donald Trump get his apology from the media?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 02:10:18 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2023, 02:09:13 am »
Your words, pal, not mine.  If you saw my post upthread, they were not set up for this.

Wow.  You confuse your own incoherence for wit.

Why is the DoE investigating the source of COVId-19 has a very simple answer, based in simple long-standing fact, which you seem hellbent on denying. 

They are investigating it because since 1965 they have had a team that investigates the source of bioweapons.

Since Biden was not president in 1965, I rather doubt the DoE’s team was set up by him as a distraction.

But, you do you.  Enjoy your fact-free speculation

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2023, 02:38:57 am »
Carlson: "The origins of Covid were never a secret. The real story — the greatest outrage — is that the people who knew or should have known the truth lied about it in order to hide the Chinese government’s role in mass murder." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1630382276058947584

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2023, 02:48:52 am »
"Throwback to the all-time greatest rant on the Wuhan lab-leak theory by Jon Stewart… Remember when they ridiculed him over this? Now we know he was right and the entire corporate media was just gaslighting us." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/dannydeurbina/status/1629944273931042817

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2023, 04:35:20 am »
And the fault is MEDIA.
If reporting were true journalism, this government could not exist.
QFT!

C S Lewis

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2023, 03:51:12 pm »
"This was when @MSNBC @NicolleDWallace eviscerated @realDonaldTrump for pushing what she said was a conspiracy theory that COVID escaped from a Chinese lab at the Wuhan Institute of Virology." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/simonateba/status/1630532786854539266