Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 16311 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2023, 07:02:37 pm »
I think I've finally figured this out.

Any Republican who criticizes Trump, even if just by quoting his own words back at him, is a RINO, a globalist tool of George Soros, and isn't deserving of support by GOP voters.  Either in the primary or otherwise.

But Trump going after other Republicans, even ones who aren't candidates, is just him playing smart, strategic politics.

Oh, and any large, wealthy donors who supported Trump in 2016 and 2020, but who now support somebody else, are also RINO's, and globalist tools of George Soros.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 07:05:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline corbe

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2023, 07:06:39 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2023, 10:59:39 pm »
Actually, @berdie what the Trump campaign is doing is strategic --- it's rule number one whether it's inter political parties or intra political party:. Never allow the opposition to rewrite his or her hagiography unchallenged.  DeSantis has been busy rewriting (well, Ryan has been) his story.  Trump knows this and the details -----Trump is just laying the groundwork for what is to come.

Interesting spin. As far as I can tell, at this point, DeSantis is not the opposition. I don't know what rewrite of his story is being referred to. And if it is Ryan, maybe Trump should go after him instead of DeSantis. Instead of alienating a potential ally and a lot of voters. There is no laying the groundwork. Anybody who watched the 2016 primaries knows the game plan.

Besides, Trump himself, has bragged about boosting DeSantis so he could win. So did he once again pick the wrong guy? @Right_in_Virginia

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2023, 11:02:18 pm »
Besides, Trump himself, has bragged about boosting DeSantis so he could win.

Riiiight... A weeping and begging DeSantis...  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2023, 11:24:58 pm »

Interesting spin. As far as I can tell, at this point, DeSantis is not the opposition. @Right_in_Virginia

It's not spin @berdie --- It's straight out of "Campaign Strategic Planning 101". And.yes, DeSantis is an opponent.  He is running for President and will formally make the announcement after the Florida Statehouse changes the law that requires the governor to resign his position to run for federal office.  This issue will be taken up in a special session scheduled for May.

« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2023, 11:31:59 pm »

And Trump carried him across the finish line:

https://youtu.be/z1YP_zZJFXs

Offline berdie

« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2023, 11:34:17 pm »
It's not spin @berdie --- It's straight out of "Campaign Strategic Planning 101". And.yes, DeSantis is an opponent.  He is running for President and will formally make the announcement after the Florida Statehouse changes the law that requires the governor to resign his position to run for federal office.  This issue will be taken up in a special session scheduled for May.

I realize that certain laws will have to be changed in Fla. But I also realize that DeSantis may choose to not run.

Since I have been following politics...I can't recall a declared candidate going after someone who might run. It makes Trump sound fearful of DeSantis. But maybe that's because he is.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2023, 11:35:19 pm »

I doubt anybody, but the most diehard Trump supporter, believes that. I believe that Ron DeSantis did ask Donald Trump for an endorsement. But weeping and begging? Come on.

What’s going to make it hard for Donald Trump to define any candidate is his credibility.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2023, 11:36:53 pm »
Trump has been all over the map with this.  Essentially, there is no standard that Trump or his supporters will follow.

Trump: I'm 'Totally Pledging' My Allegiance To The Republican Party

Jessica Taylor  |  September 3, 2015  |  12:24 PM ET

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump holds a signed pledge during a news conference in Trump Tower, Thursday, Sept. 3, 2015 in New York.
Mark Lennihan/AP

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/09/03/437198983/will-donald-trump-really-back-down-from-a-third-party-threat

But by the end of March 2016 when he was getting his ass handed to him by Ted Cruz, he suddenly didn't want to follow his pledge any more.  Then after cutting a deal with the GOP Establishment to block the Cruz threat, he suddenly had a change of heart and demanded Cruz et al honor the very same pledge he reneged on five months earlier.

Of course none of this has a thing to do with what McDaniel is asking.  She is simply asking for party unity.  And with only two candidates in the field so far and the first primary almost a year away, Trump supporters are already going scorched earth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2023, 11:37:52 pm »

I realize that certain laws will have to be changed in Fla. But I also realize that DeSantis may choose to not run.

Since I have been following politics...I can't recall a declared candidate going after someone who might run. It makes Trump sound fearful of DeSantis. But maybe that's because he is.

That’s because Ron DeSantis has Donald Trump in a panic. And I’m not sure if I really want the laws to be changed to accommodate Ron DeSantis, but I guess that’s up to the Florida legislators

Expect to see more claims of supplying alcohol to teenagers when he was 20, George Soros endorsement, etc
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2023, 11:37:58 pm »
I doubt anybody, but the most diehard Trump supporter, believes that. I believe that Ron DeSantis did ask Donald Trump for an endorsement. But weeping and begging? Come on.

What’s going to make it hard for Donald Trump to define any candidate is his credibility.

That's right. Total bullcrap.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2023, 11:40:44 pm »
I doubt anybody, but the most diehard Trump supporter, believes that. I believe that Ron DeSantis did ask Donald Trump for an endorsement.

Without a Trump endorsement, DeSantis would have won by 30 points.

But weeping and begging? Come on.

Facts are irrelevant here.  The key is to spew out venom with made-up bullshit stories.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2023, 11:41:01 pm »
Any loyalty pledge Trump takes isn't worth the last Big Mac he burps up when he takes it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2023, 11:45:53 pm »
That’s because Ron DeSantis has Donald Trump in a panic.

And Trump supporters as well.  We are 618 days away from the next Presidential election, and the Trump zealots have gone total war on the most successful Republican candidate of the 2022 election cycle.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2023, 12:06:18 am »
And Trump supporters as well.  We are 618 days away from the next Presidential election, and the Trump zealots have gone total war on the most successful Republican candidate of the 2022 election cycle.

Should Ron DeSantis decide to throw his hat in the ring, we will have plenty of time to hear his positions on things like spending, the border, crime, Social Security and Medicare, etc while talking around Trump’s flailing and wild claims

Donald Trump has already made it clear that he intends to do nothing about our unsustainable spending. He’s already adopting the Democrats position on so-called entitlements.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2023, 12:31:19 am »
Should Ron DeSantis decide to throw his hat in the ring, we will have plenty of time to hear his positions on things like spending, the border, crime, Social Security and Medicare, etc while talking around Trump’s flailing and wild claims

Donald Trump has already made it clear that he intends to do nothing about our unsustainable spending. He’s already adopting the Democrats position on so-called entitlements.

Nah... It will all be about unfounded bimbo eruptions, character assassinations, and other such things for the prime time tongue waggers.

The whole Stone/Pecker routine all over again. That's how Tumpy rolls.

Been there, done that.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2023, 01:11:30 am »
And Trump carried him across the finish line:

How many more times are you going to unload this ridiculous bullshit claim on this forum?  In 2018, the Dems picked up 41 House seats and 7 Governorships, yet you keep bullshitting us on how Trump carried DeSantis across the finish line while losing 7 other States and 41 House seats.  Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?  Seriously.  If Trump was such a pull at the ballot box, then why did he lose both houses of Congress and the White House?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2023, 01:32:45 am »
How many more times are you going to unload this ridiculous bullshit claim on this forum?  In 2018, the Dems picked up 41 House seats and 7 Governorships, yet you keep bullshitting us on how Trump carried DeSantis across the finish line while losing 7 other States and 41 House seats.  Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?  Seriously.  If Trump was such a pull at the ballot box, then why did he lose both houses of Congress and the White House?
:yowsa:

« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2023, 02:09:39 am »

DeSantis is soliciting and accepting donations from globalist bigwigs.  Ronny is running @berdie  His benefactors do not open their wallets on a maybe.  They open their wallets to buy influence and they're buying it from the ground up.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/22/politics/ron-desantis-donors/index.html

« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2023, 02:51:49 am »
How many more times are you going to unload this ridiculous bullshit claim on this forum?  In 2018, 

In 2018, Ron DeSantis was badly losing his campaign for the governor's mansion.  In the nick of time, Ronny swallowed his pride and begged Trump to help him win ----- which Trump did.  I say "nick of time" because even with Trump's help Ronny won over a crack head with a margin of 0.4%.

Gillum conceded on November 17. DeSantis's victory marked the sixth straight election in which Florida elected a Republican to the governorship, and the third in a row that the margin of victory was under two percent. With a margin of 0.4%, this election was the closest race of the 2018 gubernatorial election cycle.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2023, 03:05:10 am »
Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2023, 03:08:06 am »
Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

It's not a lie ---- no matter how desperately you need it to be. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2023, 03:29:13 am »
I'm not the one here who is desperate.  DeSantis had a 12-pt lead over Putnam by the time Trump bothered to show up.  And on the Democrat side, Gillum trailed Philip Levine by 17 points.  So the better post hoc argument here is that Trump's rally helped Gillum win the Democrat Primary.

But you can fantasize all you want about how Trump is responsible for everything good that happens in this world and gets zero blame for all the things he screwed up.  I choose to rely on truth instead.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2023, 05:14:35 am »
2018/2019 - GOP Governorships lost

Maine, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Kansas, New Mexico, Nevada, Kentucky.

Hey, but Trump is the guy who pulls people over the finish line.  At least he can claim that about Mitch McConnell.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2023, 05:30:33 am »
I’m not making any claims that Ron DeSantis is going to be our savior as I think what ails us is mostly beyond politics.

The meat of the discussion so far.... The look behind the curtain... I don't know if I will even be around in two years to vote, if still around all I can offer is a vote for someone that I won't be ashamed to admit voting for. But the truth of the matter is no matter who wins, unless hearts are changed, this is a doomed country.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....