Author Topic: One if by Land, Two if by Sea — and Three if by Air?  (Read 105 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
One if by Land, Two if by Sea — and Three if by Air?
« on: February 16, 2023, 02:11:20 pm »
One if by Land, Two if by Sea — and Three if by Air?

By David North on February 14, 2023
We usually hear about illegal aliens arriving by foot and sometimes in boats, but airborne illegals (unless on commercial flights) are rare.

Homeland Security has now revealed the case of five illegal aliens — already in the U.S. — who were being carried in a Piper Cub flight from one part of Texas to another. They were stopped not by alert enforcement work, but because the plane crashed shortly after take-off, injuring everyone aboard, including the pilot, a citizen.

If the illegals were already in the States, why bother with an airplane ride?

As a not-very-helpful ICE press release does not explain, the entrants were probably seeking to bypass one of those very useful Border Patrol highway checkpoints that are located some miles back from the border, in this case between Presidio and Marfa in austere West Texas.

The plane took off from the little airport in Presidio and crashed within a few thousand feet after take-off.

https://cis.org/North/One-if-Land-Two-if-Sea-and-Three-if-Air
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson