Author Topic: Blue city reconsidering sanctuary city status amid staggering fentanyl overdoses  (Read 185 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Blue city reconsidering sanctuary city status amid staggering fentanyl overdoses
February 15, 2023 | Jennie Taer |  Print Article

The Democratic-run city of San Francisco is reconsidering its sanctuary city status over its fentanyl crisis, KRON4 reported.

More than half of fentanyl dealers on the streets of San Francisco are believed to be illegal immigrants, according to KRON4. The city, which is led by Democratic Mayor London Breed, has held its sanctuary status since 1989.

The sanctuary designation prohibits the use of city funds for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and cooperating with the agency in certain instances

San Francisco has experienced 620 overdose deaths, 72% due to fentanyl in 2021, according to the city.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/02/15/blue-city-reconsidering-sanctuary-city-status-amid-staggering-fentanyl-overdoses-1333304/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Oh, I'm sure fentanyl has something to do with it, but I'm guessing they can't afford to mother every bum or welfare loafer from all over the world any more is the real reason. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson