Author Topic: Border Patrol apprehensions of Chinese nationals at southern border up 800%: source  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BORDER SECURITY Published February 9, 2023 6:49pm EST

Border Patrol apprehensions of Chinese nationals at southern border up 800%: source
Chinese nationals are typically charged more by human smugglers
Adam ShawBy Adam Shaw , Bill Melugin | Fox News

Chinese nationals captured after crossing into Texas illegally, paid smugglers $35K each
Border authorities encountered the three Chinese nationals and female migrant from Colombia on Tuesday.

EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol apprehensions of Chinese nationals crossing into the U.S. illegally are currently up more than 800% when compared to the same time last year, Fox News has learned.

A senior Customs and Border Protection (CBP) source said that apprehensions of nationals from China are up 800% compared to the same period last fiscal year when including January — the numbers for which have not yet been released.

According to CBP statistics, there have been 1,862 Border Patrol encounters with Chinese nationals between October, when the fiscal year began, and the end of December. That’s compared to 229 in the same period in FY 2022, which would be a more than 700% increase.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-patrol-apprehensions-chinese-nationals-southern-border-800-source
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson