Author Topic: Border chief: Mexican cartels are using drones to spot law enforcement locations  (Read 104 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Border chief: Mexican cartels are using drones to spot law enforcement locations

In the past year, there have been more than 10,000 drone incursions flown by Mexican cartels operating in Mexico and in Texas in the Rio Grande Valley Sector of south Texas.

JENNIE TAER INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
February 07, 202310:14 PM ET

In the past year, there have been more than 10,000 drone incursions flown by Mexican cartels operating in Mexico and in Texas in the Rio Grande Valley Sector of south Texas, Rio Grande Valley Sector Chief Gloria Chavez testified Tuesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability.

The cartels are using the drones to identify where state and federal law enforcement officers are to avoid them and engage in criminal activity, she explained.

Like Tucson Border Patrol Sector Chief Modlin who testified before her that the majority of his sector’s apprehensions was of single military age men, Chief Chavez testified that the RGV Sector was mainly apprehending single adults from Central America and Mexico.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/border-chief-mexican-cartels-using-drones-spot-law-enforcement-locations-405259/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson