Author Topic: Border patrol seize enough fentanyl to 'kill the US population five times'  (Read 221 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border patrol seize enough fentanyl to 'kill the US population five times'

The fentanyl crisis in the US is seemingly only getting worse with 7,200 pounds of the drug seized in the country this year so far, an amount that would kill 1.6 billion people

Border Patrol from the US has seized over 7,000lbs of fentanyl just this year, which is enough to kill the population of the United States five times over.

At an Oversight Committee on Tuesday (February 7), Tucson Sector Chief Patrol Agent John Modlin said in his area last year, 700 pounds of fentanyl, a class A drug, was seized which would be enough to kill half the population in the US.

Politician Tim Burchett of Tennessee revealed the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) figures on the fentanyl seizures statistics so far in 2023.

He said: "And approximately 76 percent, or 7,200 pounds of that was seized coming through our southwest border."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/border-patrol-seize-enough-fentanyl-29160428
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 01:41:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Border patrol seize enough fentanyl to 'kill the US population five times'
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 01:42:30 pm »
So far THIS YEAR! OMGGGGGGG
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 03:47:56 pm »
Obviously only a fraction of what gets smuggled on a yearly basis. Since fentanyl can only be used in so much quantity to boost the high value of other opiates, where the heck is all the rest going?

Supply and demand says that flooding the market would make it so cheap that it's not worth producing, in theory.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 04:09:26 pm »
I think this is total BullBush,made up by some reporter to promote his or her image.

ASSUMING that much WAS brought into the country this year,where are all the bodies,and what are the former dealers doing to earn a rich living?

Not to mention,where is all the surplus drugs that are left over after all the drug users have died?

Or,and I ask this seriously since I don't have the first clue about it,is it POSSIBLE our gooberment has been lying about the danger of it all these years,and it's really not THAT dangerous?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!