Author Topic: North Carolina bill would force sheriffs to cooperate with ICE to deport illegal immigrants  (Read 223 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NORTH CAROLINA Published January 28, 2023 4:02pm EST
North Carolina bill would force sheriffs to cooperate with ICE to deport illegal immigrants

Lawmakers said the bill was required due to 'woke' sheriffs
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Illegal immigrants in Texas found hiding from authorities underneath houses
A group of migrants in Texas fled from authorities during a high-speed chase and hid underneath houses in a bid to enter the U.S. illegally, authorities said. (Texas Department of Public Safety)

A bill introduced in the North Carolina legislature would require sheriffs to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement as part of a move across the country by Republicans who want authorities at the state and local level to do more to arrest and deport illegal immigrants.

The bill would require sheriffs, when admitting any prisoner into their jails, to determine whether the prisoner is a legal resident of the U.S., and, if not, make contact with ICE.

Additionally, if ICE has issued a detainer, a notification to request that a prisoner be transferred into ICE custody upon release from jail, the sheriffs must honor the request under the proposed law.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/north-carolina-bill-would-force-sheriffs-cooperate-ice-deport-illegal-immigrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
EXCELLENT NEWS!

Go,NC!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji