Author Topic: U.S. agents arrest 13 from Mexico and Vietnam trying to enter U.S. from New Brunswick  (Read 163 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. agents arrest 13 from Mexico and Vietnam trying to enter U.S. from New Brunswick
The agency says cold temperatures at this time of year can quickly lead to life-threatening conditions.
By The Canadian Press
Sat., Jan. 28, 2023timer2 min. read

HOULTON, Maine - Border Patrol agents in Maine recently arrested 13 foreign nationals — seven adults from Mexico and six from Vietnam — for illegally entering the United States from two locations in western New Brunswick, U.S. officials say.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency issued a statement Thursday saying human smuggling along the Maine-New Brunswick border may not be as big a problem as elsewhere along the U.S. border, but this “transnational criminal activity” is cause for concern.

The agency says cold temperatures at this time of year can quickly lead to life-threatening conditions.

Border Patrol officials say the suspects from Mexico were arrested on Jan. 19 after agents were alerted to a potential illegal entry and later spotted footprints near Caswell, Maine, which is west of Grand Falls in northwestern New Brunswick.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2023/01/28/us-agents-arrest-13-from-mexico-and-vietnam-trying-to-enter-us-from-new-brunswick.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson