Author Topic: McCarthy says Santos will be seated on committees  (Read 243 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy says Santos will be seated on committees
« on: January 17, 2023, 06:53:36 pm »
 McCarthy says Santos will be seated on committees
by Mychael Schnell - 01/17/23 1:06 PM ET

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Tuesday said Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) will be seated on committees, after the embattled freshman lawmaker admitted to embellishing parts of his résumé.

“He’ll get seated on committees,” McCarthy said in the Capitol when asked if he would be assigned to any panels.

The comments come after McCarthy last week said Santos should not be on any top House committees — including Appropriations, Ways and Means, Financial Services and Energy and Commerce — but left the door open to seating him on other panels.

Santos has been at the center of a controversy on Capitol Hill following revelations that he fabricated portions of his résumé and biography. The freshman congressman admitted to embellishing some details, but has said he has no plans to step down from Congress despite several calls for his resignation — including some from within the GOP.

McCarthy has stopped short of demanding that Santos resign from his seat, arguing that voters in New York’s 3rd Congressional District sent him to Washington to serve.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3816427-mccarthy-says-santos-will-be-seated-on-committees/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: McCarthy says Santos will be seated on committees
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 10:56:56 pm »
Santos hasn't been convicted of anything.

Long Island Republicans, national Democrats, and the media are mad at themselves for not performing due diligence during election season.  They were asleep at the switch.

////00000////

I look forward to Santos showing us the scars from his volleyball career-ending knee replacement surgery.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Re: McCarthy says Santos will be seated on committees
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 10:58:39 pm »
If he truly is without merit, then it should be up to the voters to toss him out in 2024.