Author Topic: Buttigieg hits back after parental leave criticism: 'Really strange'  (Read 492 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg hits back after parental leave criticism: 'Really strange'
By Lexi Lonas - 10/15/21 07:40 PM EDT

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg responded to criticism from conservatives he received for taking parental leave after adopting two newborns.

Buttigieg has received some criticism for staying on parental leave since August as the country is dealing with supply chain issues. Others took to attacking Buttigieg for taking parental leave altogether, mocking the idea.

"Pete Buttigieg has been on leave from his job since August after adopting a child. Paternity leave, they call it. Trying to figure out how to breastfeed, no word on how that went," Fox News’s Tucker Carlson said on his show.

Buttigieg said on MSNBC’s Deadline:White House that despite his parental leave, he has been available “24/7” for issues. He also took a shot at Carlson saying he doesn’t understand parental leave.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/577023-buttigieg-hits-back-after-parental-leave-criticism-really-strange
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Buttigieg hits back after parental leave criticism: 'Really strange'
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 01:31:33 am »
There is no one - not a single one - in this administration who gives a rat's ass about this country, other than its complete destruction.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 09:08:08 am »
So why did the Deputy Secretary of DOT not handle it.
That is why you have deputies...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 02:55:09 pm »

I'm really, really busy.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 03:13:10 pm »
"Buttigieg hits back".......just try to imagine it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 05:03:27 pm »
So why did the Deputy Secretary of DOT not handle it.
That is why you have deputies...

https://mobile.twitter.com/StephenM/status/1449160217539776514

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 10:58:56 pm »
"Buttigieg hits back".......just try to imagine it.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 04:35:56 pm »
:facepalm2:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jules31415/status/1449419099327672327
What a steaming pile of @#!@, an administration that cares about families? NOT AMERICAN FAMILIES! For the love of God how many Americans have raised children, the you know traditional Heterosexual way, with the father continuing to work every stinkin day to support them without taking two months off to learn how to bottle breast feed and bond? I like most fathers bonded with my children by holding them and talking, reading and singing to them when I got home from work and on days off.

Only with the liberal new age crap was something successful for centuries no longer viable. Both my son and his wife are of this new parenting debacle, both highly liberal university edjamacated, her as she keeps reminding us with a masters in early child development. They drive my wife and I crazy with their ejamacated nonsense and a confused look to the faces of other 'old school' parents like us. One example, when our granddaughter acts up they would send her to her room for a time out, pretty normal but when the child as they are wont to do throws a tantrum instead of letting the kid run down they jump up saying 'Oh she's having a bad time we need to go calm her down'. Wrapped tightly around he finger they are, but they are the ones that will pay for this later :silly:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 04:42:34 pm »
When my mother went into labor with me early one morning, my father asked if maybe the baby would come in time for him to get to work. I obliged, arriving around 7:30. I think he appreciated that his responsibility to his family was to go to work and support us.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 10:44:31 pm »
It seems fitting the least competent of an a collection of incompetent cabinet secretaries in an incompetent presidential administration should get his own documentary, because, well, he's gay.
The Trailer for Pete Buttigieg's New Documentary Is Finally Here
Donald Padgett
Mon, October 18, 2021, 11:08 AM·

Donald Padgett
Mon, October 18, 2021, 11:08 AM·1 min read

The trailer for Amazon Prime Video's newest documentary about Pete Buttigieg, Mayor Pete, just dropped!

Directed by Jesse Moss and co-written by Moss, Amanda McBaine, and Jeff Gilbert, the film chronicles the meteoric rise of Buttigieg from small-town Indiana mayor to historic out presidential candidate to the first confirmed out gay cabinet member in U.S. history, promising unprecedented intimacy with not just Buttigieg and his political team, but also his husband Chasten.

“I made Pete promise we would have fun,” Chasten says in the trailer.

“This is the only chance you’ll ever get to vote for a Maltese American, left-handed, Episcopalian, gay war veteran mayor and millennial,” Buttigieg jokes with a crowd of supporters. ...
Story at Yahoo News

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2021, 10:48:46 pm »
This is the only chance you’ll ever get to vote for a Maltese American, left-handed, Episcopalian, gay war veteran mayor and millennial,

Buttboy's theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2023, 08:38:15 pm »

Chasten Buttigieg Says It’s Old News To Cover Pete’s Lengthy Paternity Leave After DOT Concealed It For A Year
By: Tristan Justice
January 17, 2023
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s husband, Chasten, came to the couple’s defense last week over criticism of the department chief’s prolonged absence during a critical time for the federal agency.

In the fall of 2021, as Congress was putting together a trillion-dollar infrastructure package, a bottleneck supply-chain crisis on the West Coast threatened to spoil the holiday season. During that time, Secretary Buttigieg took an eight-week parental leave. Though 9 out of 10 new dads typically take leave, an overwhelming majority of them (70 percent) take 10 days or less.

Internal records made public by a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and first reported by the Washington Examiner last week show Buttigieg excused himself from his executive duties citing his newborn twins. The secretary turned down public appearances and avoided a meeting request with a top Republican in the Senate, according to Fox News. ...

Chasten admonished critics of his husband’s absence last week with the same condescending snark that’s almost become expected of modern-day leftists.

“It’s been 17 months,” Chasten wrote on Twitter on Friday. “You need new material. Go yell at an M&M.” ...

Chasten’s husband at the helm of the Transportation Department, however, stonewalled requests for the documents on his reported absence.  ...
The Federalist

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2023, 08:49:26 pm »

Chasten Buttigieg Says It’s Old News To Cover Pete’s Lengthy Paternity Leave After DOT Concealed It For A Year
By: Tristan Justice
January 17, 2023 The Federalist

With that kinda leave length I would have expected Pete delivered via a caesarian delivery.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.