Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 89165 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #975 on: November 29, 2023, 11:38:41 pm »
‘Cheers’ star Frances Sternhagen dead: Tony-winning Broadway actress was 93
By Social Links for Erin Keller
Published Nov. 29, 2023, 4:00 p.m. ET

Frances Sternhagen, the Tony-winning Broadway actress who also charmed TV audiences as Cliff Clavin’s mom, Esther, on “Cheers” has died. She was 93.

Sternhagen’s son, actor John Carlin, announced Wednesday on Instagram that his mother died peacefully of natural causes on Monday night. ...

Sternhagen received Tony nominations for her roles in “The Sign in Sidney Brustein’s Window” (1972), “Equus” (1975), “Angel” (1978), “On Golden Pond” (1979) and “Morning’s at Seven” (2002).

In addition, the starlet appeared alongside Sean Connery in 1981’s “Outland” and Michael J. Fox in 1988’s “Bright Lights, Big City.” ... NY Post

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #976 on: November 30, 2023, 01:53:14 am »
BREAKING- HENRY KISSINGER DEAD AT 100

From various news wires, just a headline.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #977 on: November 30, 2023, 01:57:59 am »
Henry Kissinger, who shaped world affairs under two presidents, dies at 100

The diplomat exercised an unparalleled control over U.S. international affairs and policymaking. He was also the target of relentless critics, who deemed him unprincipled and amoral.

November 29, 2023 at 8:45 p.m. EST

Presidential adviser Henry A. Kissinger in June 1972, before leaving on his fourth trip to the People's Republic of China. (James Palmer/AP)
Henry A. Kissinger, a scholar, statesman and celebrity diplomat who wielded unparalleled power over U.S. foreign policy throughout the administrations of Presidents Richard M. Nixon and Gerald Ford, and who for decades afterward, as a consultant and writer, proffered opinions that shaped global politics and business, died Nov. 29 at his home in Connecticut. He was 100.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/11/29/henry-kissinger-dead-obituary/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #978 on: November 30, 2023, 06:31:03 am »
BREAKING- HENRY KISSINGER DEAD AT 100

From various news wires, just a headline.

WTH took him so long?

The SOB was nothing less than an oxygen thief.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #979 on: November 30, 2023, 10:43:39 pm »
WTH took him so long?

The SOB was nothing less than an oxygen thief.
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #980 on: December 01, 2023, 03:11:07 pm »
 Sandra Day O'Connor, first female Supreme Court justice, dead at 93

Sandra Day O’Connor, who made history as the first female justice on the Supreme Court, died Friday morning. She was 93.

Sandra Day O’Connor, who made history as the first female justice on the Supreme Court, died Friday morning. She was 93.

O’Connor, who retired from the high bench in 2006, passed away in her home state of Arizona due to complications from advanced dementia and a respiratory illness

A moderate conservative, O’Connor was best known for her co-authorship of the majority opinion in 1993’s Planned Parenthood v. Casey, in which the justices ruled that state laws restricting abortion should not impose an “undue burden” on women seeking the procedure.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #981 on: December 01, 2023, 03:22:46 pm »
Rest In Peace Justice O'Connor.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #982 on: December 01, 2023, 04:48:28 pm »
LifeNews.com
@LifeNewsHQ
·
1h
BREAKING: Pro-Abortion Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor has passed away at age 93.

O’Connor was the first female Supreme Court justice in the nation’s history but sadly her radical abortion advocacy resulted in killing countless girls in abortions.

no comment from me on her passing.. 888mouth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #983 on: December 01, 2023, 04:50:21 pm »
LifeNews.com
@LifeNewsHQ
·
1h
BREAKING: Pro-Abortion Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor has passed away at age 93.

O’Connor was the first female Supreme Court justice in the nation’s history but sadly her radical abortion advocacy resulted in killing countless girls in abortions.

no comment from me on her passing.. 888mouth

I wonder if Reagan was every asked in an interview in retrospect whether he regretted the nomination.  She sure didn't deliver the conservative goods as he hoped.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #984 on: December 01, 2023, 04:50:35 pm »
Rest In Peace Justice O'Connor.

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #985 on: December 01, 2023, 06:50:18 pm »
Kari Lake
@KariLake
I am saddened to hear about the passing of Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. As a reporter, I had the honor of following her stellar career and meeting her on several occasions. She was a trailblazer, serving as the first female Supreme Court Justice, and Majority Leader in the Arizona Senate.
As an Arizonan, I am grateful for her service and contributions to our state. As a woman, I am thankful for her example of public service.
My prayers are with her loved ones.
10:53 AM · Dec 1, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #986 on: December 05, 2023, 07:25:39 pm »
Denny Laine, Wings and Moody Blues musician, dies age 79

Denny Laine, lead singer of the Moody Blues and a guitarist with Paul McCartney's band Wings, has died at the age of 79.

His wife Elizabeth Hines said he died after a long battle with lung disease.
"I was at his side, holding his hand as I played his favourite Christmas songs for him," she said in a statement.
Among other achievements, Laine sang on the Moody Blues' multi-million selling Go Now and co-wrote the Wings hit Mull of Kintyre.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67630264

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #987 on: December 05, 2023, 07:27:43 pm »
Thank you for these songs, Mr. Laine, and here's a goodie

https://youtu.be/_W7Je2gvY-s

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #988 on: December 06, 2023, 03:25:30 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #989 on: December 06, 2023, 03:55:17 pm »
Normally don't like to speak ill of the dead.  but Lear did as much damage to the nation's moral fiber than any one prson in the 1970's.

Sadly our country mistook edgy for funny in Lear's portfolio.  Honestly, compare the 10 best Beverly Hillbilly/Green Acres epsisode against any 10 Lear did?  Henning and Company wins hands down.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #990 on: December 06, 2023, 08:13:43 pm »
I disagree.

The only thing Lear did was bring something to the TV screen that was already happening everywhere else. And quite frankly,  is happening again now.

Compare Archie Bunker to Donald Trump. Other than money, they're practically the same. Poor speaking skills, bombastic reactionary views, both from Queens.

Lear was a liberal but he was one who understood other points of view. A true liberal, a literal dying breed these days. He understood that nobody was 100% perfect; even his liberal characters like Maude and Meathead were flawed caricatures. Without that it would've been easy to dismiss Archie as a villain—but he instead became an icon.

Lear and Henning were in the same business only in the same sense that Patrick Mahomes and Megan Rapinoe are both pro football players. Technically, but otherwise completely incomparable. Lear was a realist. He did dramedy, and he did it well.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #991 on: December 06, 2023, 08:32:21 pm »
I disagree.

The only thing Lear did was bring something to the TV screen that was already happening everywhere else. And quite frankly,  is happening again now.

Compare Archie Bunker to Donald Trump. Other than money, they're practically the same. Poor speaking skills, bombastic reactionary views, both from Queens.

Lear was a liberal but he was one who understood other points of view. A true liberal, a literal dying breed these days. He understood that nobody was 100% perfect; even his liberal characters like Maude and Meathead were flawed caricatures. Without that it would've been easy to dismiss Archie as a villain—but he instead became an icon.

Lear and Henning were in the same business only in the same sense that Patrick Mahomes and Megan Rapinoe are both pro football players. Technically, but otherwise completely incomparable. Lear was a realist. He did dramedy, and he did it well.

Didn't he do Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #992 on: December 06, 2023, 09:21:06 pm »
Didn't he do Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?
That was him.

You either loved or hated that show.

"No. No. My floor can't have waxy yellow buildup! It says so here on the bottle!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #993 on: December 06, 2023, 09:36:00 pm »
That was him.

You either loved or hated that show.

"No. No. My floor can't have waxy yellow buildup! It says so here on the bottle!"

I am one who hated that show, and Louise Lasser, I think she was Lear's wife...I saw a spoof of MHMH on Carol Burnett recently, and I LMAO.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

« Reply #994 on: December 06, 2023, 10:18:02 pm »
I am one who hated that show, and Louise Lasser, I think she was Lear's wife...I saw a spoof of MHMH on Carol Burnett recently, and I LMAO.

I saw that as well and laughed. MHMH is very time dated. But Lear did some good stuff, even if he was a big lib.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #995 on: December 06, 2023, 10:51:48 pm »

I saw that as well and laughed. MHMH is very time dated. But Lear did some good stuff, even if he was a big lib.

If not for Lear, Rob Reiner would not be universally known as "Meathead."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #996 on: December 06, 2023, 10:57:45 pm »
I didn't watch any of the Lear programs.

I get the impression that I didn't miss much.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #997 on: December 07, 2023, 12:40:23 am »
I didn't watch any of the Lear programs.

I get the impression that I didn't miss much.

@Fishrrman

I really liked the Archie Bunker show. It was obvious that lear and his fellow-traveler commies intended to make him a villian,and the irony was I strongly suspect most of the viewers agreed with  him and laughed at him putting the idiots he lived with in their places. EVERY single one of whom was a total freaking airhead.

And the left never had a clue that the tv audience was laughing AT them and not WITH  them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #998 on: December 08, 2023, 11:32:24 pm »
Ryan O’Neal dead at 82

"Love Story" and "Peyton Place" star Ryan O'Neal has died, according to the Associated Press.

"So this is the toughest thing I’ve ever had to say but here we go. My dad passed away peacefully today, with his loving team by his side supporting him and loving him as he would us," Ryan's son Patrick posted on social media.

O'Neal, 82, was also known for being life partners with Farrah Fawcett from 1979 to 1997, before they reconnected again between 2001 and 2009, when she died.

"Ryan never bragged, but he has bragging rights in Heaven. Especially when it comes to Farrah. Everyone had the poster, he had the real McCoy. And now they meet again," Patrick said...............

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ryan-oneal-dead
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #999 on: December 08, 2023, 11:34:34 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.