Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 89154 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #775 on: September 05, 2023, 01:20:25 pm »
Musician Gary Wright dead at 80 after battling Parkinson's, Lewy body dementia
Story by Landon Mion
Sept. 5, 2023

Singer Gary Wright died at 80 years old on Monday after years of health issues, according to his family.

Wright's son, Justin Wright, told TMZ that the musician died Monday morning at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California, with his family and loved ones by his side.

The singer-songwriter was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease more than five years ago and, shortly after that diagnosis, also learned he had Lewy body dementia. Wright's Parkinson's worsened over the past year and ultimately prevented him from speaking or moving around on his own, according to his son.  ...

Wright, who produced 12 different albums dating back to 1970, is best known for two songs he released in the mid-1970s – "Dream Weaver" and "Love is Alive." He is also known for his musical work with former Beatle George Harrison. ... More

Lewy body dementia is particularly cruel.  R.I.P.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #776 on: September 05, 2023, 01:21:53 pm »
Lewy body dementia is particularly cruel.  R.I.P.
Yes. My father's death at age 69 was caused by it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #777 on: September 05, 2023, 02:12:23 pm »
Gary Wright was pretty good with Spooky Tooth as well.  I saw him in concert in the 70's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #778 on: September 05, 2023, 02:24:49 pm »
Musician Gary Wright dead at 80 after battling Parkinson's, Lewy body dementia
Story by Landon Mion
Sept. 5, 2023

Though Prog-masters like ELP, Yes, PF, Moody Blues, et. al.  pioneered electronic keyboards and synth,  Wright was one of the first to serve it up to the pop masses.  Wasn't a big fan at the time, but he did provide a step change of how synthesizers are added, now even to the point it is common place in many musical genres.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #779 on: September 05, 2023, 02:25:02 pm »
We'll keep the love alive Gary. RIP.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #780 on: September 05, 2023, 02:45:38 pm »
Though Prog-masters like ELP, Yes, PF, Moody Blues, et. al.  pioneered electronic keyboards and synth,  Wright was one of the first to serve it up to the pop masses.  Wasn't a big fan at the time, but he did provide a step change of how synthesizers are added, now even to the point it is common place in many musical genres.

When I saw him, there was a drummer and 3 keyboards.  Synthesizers everywhere.  I was a big fan of Yes and ELP, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #781 on: September 05, 2023, 03:14:39 pm »
When I saw him, there was a drummer and 3 keyboards.  Synthesizers everywhere.  I was a big fan of Yes and ELP, too.

From the Beginning.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #782 on: September 06, 2023, 03:04:05 am »
Breaking-Bob Barker dead at 99

https://abc7.com/bob-barker-obituary-price-is-right-game-show-host/13704249/
Well, this is interesting.

The coroner's certificate indicated Barker died from Alzheimer's disease.

Barker had previously claimed that his vegan diet would prevent Alzheimer's...

...and both Barker and his girlfriend (also a vegan) went to great lengths to keep any cognitive decline hidden from view.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2023/09/05/bob-barker-cause-of-death-alzheimers/70770555007/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #783 on: September 06, 2023, 12:27:52 pm »
Rams legend Eddie Meador dead at 86 — 6-time Pro Bowler starred in 1960s

By David Russell
Published Sep. 6, 2023

Eddie Meador, the Rams star cornerback who was selected to the NFL 1960s All-Decade Team, died at 86, the team announced Tuesday.

Meador, who played from 1959-70, was a six-time Pro Bowler and his 46 interceptions remain the Rams’ franchise record.

“We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of an NFL great, Eddie Meador, who was a standout leader for our organization and the Los Angeles community throughout his entire 12-year career,” the Rams said in a statement.

“He was an instinctive and fearless competitor who captained some of the greatest defenses in NFL history. Eddie’s ability to galvanize teammates made him a heartbeat of the Rams and his humility made him approachable to everyone. The Meador family and friends are at the core of our thoughts, and his legacy will live on forever.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/06/rams-star-eddie-meador-dead-at-86/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #784 on: September 06, 2023, 12:40:06 pm »
Arleen Sorkin, 'incredibly talented' voice of Harley Quinn, 'Days of Our Lives' star, dies at 67

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2023/08/27/arleen-sorkin-dead-harley-quinn-soap-actress/70694814007/

Arleen Sorkin, the original voice and inspiration behind DC Comics character Harley Quinn, has died. She was 67.

Her death was confirmed to USA TODAY on Sunday by Christopher Silbermann, the agent of Sorkin's husband, producer and writer Christopher Lloyd. The actress died of multiple sclerosis.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #785 on: September 08, 2023, 10:04:25 am »
My mother was born on September 1st 1933 and passed away on September 1st 1923 her 90th birthday. My sister Nadine wrote this and I delivered it on Wednesday.
Our Mom was one tough lady, and her toughness rubbed off on us 3 kids. She taught us humility, patience, courage and gave us strength and confidence. She supported us in everything we did, from our activities, to our sports, to our careers, to our marriages.  Her focus changed a bit when the Grandchildren came along. We all took a backseat to them, and she became their number one cheerleader; from their sports, to the theatre, to concerts.
She loved camping, being outside, picnics, hummingbirds, and covered bridges. She did not swim, but she loved spending time at the beach and taking her grandchildren to the creek. She taught us how to make forts out of bed sheets and cushions, which was passed down to the grandchildren during many sleepovers for all four at once (Can you say insanity)
She loved traveling, going to the movies, puzzles, and playing cards. So much that she taught all of us to play "Kings in the corner" ,and Rummy. She tried to teach us Dominos, but failed miserably, so cards it was.
She loved doing all types of crafts, ceramics, crocheting, and quilting. Our Halloween, Christmas, and Easter decorations prove that along with the beds that have the afghans displayed on them.
Finally she loved angels, to which she is one now watching over us to make sure we have the courage and strength to carry on.
With all our love;
Thom- First born, over achiever, Mr. Fix-it
Nadine-No Mom, I don't remember, I must have ben grounded.
Nancy- Spoiled, favorite child.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #786 on: September 08, 2023, 10:18:37 am »
My mother was born on September 1st 1933 and passed away on September 1st 1923 her 90th birthday. My sister Nadine wrote this and I delivered it on Wednesday.
Our Mom was one tough lady, and her toughness rubbed off on us 3 kids. She taught us humility, patience, courage and gave us strength and confidence. She supported us in everything we did, from our activities, to our sports, to our careers, to our marriages.  Her focus changed a bit when the Grandchildren came along. We all took a backseat to them, and she became their number one cheerleader; from their sports, to the theatre, to concerts.
She loved camping, being outside, picnics, hummingbirds, and covered bridges. She did not swim, but she loved spending time at the beach and taking her grandchildren to the creek. She taught us how to make forts out of bed sheets and cushions, which was passed down to the grandchildren during many sleepovers for all four at once (Can you say insanity)
She loved traveling, going to the movies, puzzles, and playing cards. So much that she taught all of us to play "Kings in the corner" ,and Rummy. She tried to teach us Dominos, but failed miserably, so cards it was.
She loved doing all types of crafts, ceramics, crocheting, and quilting. Our Halloween, Christmas, and Easter decorations prove that along with the beds that have the afghans displayed on them.
Finally she loved angels, to which she is one now watching over us to make sure we have the courage and strength to carry on.
With all our love;
Prayers up for your mom, and the rest of the family. She sounds like she was a great lady.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #787 on: September 08, 2023, 01:33:59 pm »
Praying for you and yours today @verga
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #788 on: September 08, 2023, 01:42:01 pm »
With all our love;

What a great recap of her life; full of life and love for her children and grandchildren. Prayers up for comfort for you and your family @verga
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #789 on: September 08, 2023, 11:23:27 pm »
I hope the link works… Here is a posthumous release by Jimmy Buffett.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6j3jDTOG7yI&pp=ygUYYnViYmxlcyB1cCBqaW1teSBidWZmZXR0
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #790 on: September 09, 2023, 03:12:20 am »
With all our love;
Sorry for your loss, prayer for you and your family.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #791 on: September 09, 2023, 03:48:35 am »
With all our love;

I’m so sorry for your loss. Your mom must have been one extraordinary woman.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online mountaineer

« Reply #792 on: September 09, 2023, 11:35:34 am »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #793 on: September 09, 2023, 04:12:07 pm »
Thank you All
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #794 on: September 09, 2023, 04:36:58 pm »
@verga

Lovely obituary. Thank you for sharing it. Prayers for you and your family
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #795 on: September 09, 2023, 04:39:06 pm »
@verga - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones during this difficult time.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #796 on: September 10, 2023, 05:58:25 pm »
Praying for you and yours today @verga

Verga;  Lost my mom September 1st also.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #797 on: September 10, 2023, 06:48:22 pm »
@verga

Prayers for you and your family. Your mom sounds like she was a remarkable woman.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #798 on: September 10, 2023, 06:52:43 pm »
Verga;  Lost my mom September 1st also.

Sorry to hear that @MajorClay   Prayers
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #799 on: September 10, 2023, 06:53:09 pm »
Prayers @verga
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley