Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 89108 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #750 on: September 03, 2023, 01:51:44 pm »
Intro before the song is interesting -- "Come Monday"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGw_hrlaOY

I watched that and my heart broke just a little. I never mentioned this before (at least I don’t believe so) but in a past life I lived in the Caribbean for about two years. Lived life I did and Jimmy was a big part of it. Yeah, I feel it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #751 on: September 03, 2023, 02:10:10 pm »
I'm seeing alerts that Jimmy Buffett died from Merkel cell skin cancer.

Never heard of this form of cancer.

https://people.com/jimmy-buffett-cause-of-death-revealed-merkel-cell-skin-cancer-7965130
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #752 on: September 03, 2023, 11:46:40 pm »
I watched that and my heart broke just a little. I never mentioned this before (at least I don’t believe so) but in a past life I lived in the Caribbean for about two years. Lived life I did and Jimmy was a big part of it. Yeah, I feel it.

My high school bud and fellow Vietnam vet passed last year. He was aboard his boat tied up in Tahiti at the time of his passing. In previous years he had sailed that boat a million miles in the Pacific. You would have liked him @Lando Lincoln
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #753 on: September 03, 2023, 11:55:50 pm »
My high school bud and fellow Vietnam vet passed last year. He was aboard his boat tied up in Tahiti at the time of his passing. In previous years he had sailed that boat a million miles in the Pacific. You would have liked him @Lando Lincoln
@Bigun I am so sorry your buddy has passed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #754 on: September 04, 2023, 12:05:18 am »

Though it is a part of life, it still is difficult to watch singers, musicians, actors and actresses that we have grown up with pass. It certainly puts one's own mortality into focus and makes you realize how precious life is and how quickly time melts away.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #755 on: September 04, 2023, 12:07:29 am »
@Bigun I am so sorry your buddy has passed.

Thanks! Edwin lived a great life and left mortality just as he would have wanted to.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #756 on: September 04, 2023, 02:14:30 am »

I’m sure of that, @Bigun. We are blessed to have know people, men, like that. There are too many in today’s world who never have. And worse, they don’t understand or have the appreciation that such men exist.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #757 on: September 04, 2023, 02:15:53 am »
Though it is a part of life, it still is difficult to watch singers, musicians, actors and actresses that we have grown up with pass. It certainly puts one's own mortality into focus and makes you realize how precious life is and how quickly time melts away.

It sure does.
John Steinbeck

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #758 on: September 04, 2023, 02:59:06 am »
If I was still spinning stax of wax I would play "Gods Own Drunk" in his honor even though we were forbidden to give it air play it after Lord Buckley estate sued Him.  Not sure if that ban is still in effect today..
@txradioguy @Cyber Liberty
Not sure if there's a ban...but I'd have played it anyway.

Forgiveness versus permission and such...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #759 on: September 04, 2023, 08:49:49 am »
Yeah, that one I identified with.

Every time I went out to be on a location or pad for however long it took to finish the  job, there was a pang of sadness I'd shake off and hit the road. Getting back home was something I looked forward to, even though I enjoyed my work.
Then came the well, where I was 100 miles out and got the phone call. I didn't make it back in time, and most of my reason for looking forward to getting home was gone.

I used to sing along to "Come Monday", but now, I just can't.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 08:57:02 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #760 on: September 04, 2023, 12:52:27 pm »

Every time I went out to be on a location or pad for however long it took to finish the  job, there was a pang of sadness I'd shake off and hit the road. Getting back home was something I looked forward to, even though I enjoyed my work.
Then came the well, where I was 100 miles out and got the phone call. I didn't make it back in time, and most of my reason for looking forward to getting home was gone.

Gods blessings upon you Joe...

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #761 on: September 04, 2023, 12:54:07 pm »
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #762 on: September 04, 2023, 01:12:23 pm »
I’m sure of that, @Bigun. We are blessed to have know people, men, like that. There are too many in today’s world who never have. And worse, they don’t understand or have the appreciation that such men exist.

:yowsa:  :amen:

Edwin was a chopper pilot in Vietnam. (Three tours.) Went in with a head of coal black hair. Before his twenty sixth birthday his hair had turned snow white.  He was never the same again and lived his life as though each day might be his last. I admire him. @Lando Lincoln 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 01:23:01 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #763 on: September 04, 2023, 01:15:27 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #764 on: September 04, 2023, 01:32:14 pm »

Hugs to you, Joe. Haven’t forgotten about your incredible loss. God bless you as you continue to press on.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #765 on: September 04, 2023, 02:12:43 pm »
:yowsa:  :amen:

Edwin was a chopper pilot in Vietnam. (Three tours.) Went in with a head of coal black hair. Before his twenty sixth birthday his hair had turned snow white.  He was never the same again and lived his life as though each day might be his last. I admire him. @Lando Lincoln 

@Bigun

THE  basic universal truth. Humans are the only animal that,in general,refuse to see this basic truism.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #766 on: September 04, 2023, 03:47:13 pm »
@Jack Russell   @Lando Lincoln @Bigun @deb

Thanks, to all of you. Most days I'm okay, then something hits me like it ran a stop sign. God Provides, and I have lots of family around to keep me busy.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #767 on: September 04, 2023, 03:50:41 pm »
The Smash Mouth singer has died. See thread in Music category.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #768 on: September 04, 2023, 04:20:54 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #769 on: September 04, 2023, 04:24:11 pm »
The Smash Mouth singer has died. See thread in Music category.

Never heard of Smash Mouth or Steve Harwell until today but I hope he rests in peace.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #770 on: September 04, 2023, 04:28:52 pm »
Never heard of Smash Mouth or Steve Harwell until today but I hope he rests in peace.
:yowsa:

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #771 on: September 04, 2023, 05:22:23 pm »

'90's alternative pop band.  This was probably their best known song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #772 on: September 04, 2023, 10:07:52 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"Never heard of Smash Mouth or Steve Harwell until today but I hope he rests in peace."

Same here.
I all-but stopped listening to pop and rock back in the 1970's.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #773 on: September 05, 2023, 12:49:01 pm »
Musician Gary Wright dead at 80 after battling Parkinson's, Lewy body dementia
Story by Landon Mion
Sept. 5, 2023

Singer Gary Wright died at 80 years old on Monday after years of health issues, according to his family.

Wright's son, Justin Wright, told TMZ that the musician died Monday morning at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California, with his family and loved ones by his side.

The singer-songwriter was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease more than five years ago and, shortly after that diagnosis, also learned he had Lewy body dementia. Wright's Parkinson's worsened over the past year and ultimately prevented him from speaking or moving around on his own, according to his son.  ...

Wright, who produced 12 different albums dating back to 1970, is best known for two songs he released in the mid-1970s – "Dream Weaver" and "Love is Alive." He is also known for his musical work with former Beatle George Harrison. ... More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #774 on: September 05, 2023, 01:03:10 pm »
Musician Gary Wright dead at 80 after battling Parkinson's, Lewy body dementia
Story by Landon Mion

Cruel end. I had a friend who was a Gary Wright fan back in the day. He fell asleep at the wheel and died in a single vehicle crash. I always recall his memory when I hear Dream Weaver.
John Steinbeck