Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 89118 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #400 on: April 27, 2023, 03:06:31 pm »
But his reruns will live forever.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #401 on: April 27, 2023, 04:33:35 pm »
Pancreatic cancer.  That one is a whole bunch of no good.

I’m so sorry to hear that was his cause of death.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #402 on: April 28, 2023, 11:36:04 am »
Former Mets pitcher Dennis Ribant dead at 81

By David Russell
April 28, 2023

Dennis Ribant, a starting pitcher for the Mets of the mid-1960s, died Monday at 81. No cause of death was given.

Mets broadcaster Howie Rose announced the news on Twitter on Thursday.

“In 1966, he became the first Mets starter to turn in a solid season, going 11-9, and was promptly traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates for OF Don Bosch (didn’t work out) and P Don Cardwell, a 1969 Met. RIP.”

The right-hander pitched briefly for the Mets in 1964 and 1965 but found success in 1966, going 11-9 with a 3.50 ERA and 10 complete games as a starter.

He also had a 1.14 ERA in 13 relief appearances.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/28/former-new-york-met-pitcher-dennis-ribant-dead-at-81/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #403 on: April 28, 2023, 11:37:28 am »
Stew Leonard, founder of famous grocery chain, dies at 93 after ‘brief illness’

By Katherine Donlevy
April 27, 2023

Stew Leonard, the founder of the famous Connecticut grocery store chain that went by his name, died Wednesday at the age of 93.

The businessman succumbed to a “brief illness” during his stay at Lenox Hill Hospital.

“Yesterday, my dad passed away at 93-1/2 years old while holding my mother’s hand. They had been married for 70 years. I knew this day would come but I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. Just a month ago, he was swimming in a pool,” his son and successor, Stewie Leonard, Jr, said.

Leonard opened his first dairy store in his native Norwalk, Connecticut, in 1969 after serving as a milkman for his family’s dairy business for several years.

The 17,000 square foot store — which originally only carried just eight items — earned the “World’s Largest Dairy Store” title at Ripley’s Believe It or Not, as well as the place in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the highest dollar sales per square foot of selling space.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/27/stew-leonard-founder-of-famous-grocery-chain-dies-at-93/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #404 on: April 28, 2023, 01:33:37 pm »
Wow, I did not know this:
... Gerald Norman Springer was born Feb. 13, 1944, in a London underground railway station being used as a bomb shelter. His parents, Richard and Margot, were German Jews who fled to England during the Holocaust, in which other relatives were killed in Nazi gas chambers. They arrived in the United States when their son was 5 and settled in the Queens borough of New York City, where Springer got his first Yankees baseball gear on his way to becoming a lifelong fan.  ...
AP via National Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #405 on: April 28, 2023, 10:21:17 pm »
Kamaji posted:
"Leonard opened his first dairy store in his native Norwalk, Connecticut, in 1969 after serving as a milkman for his family’s dairy business for several years.
The 17,000 square foot store — which originally only carried just eight items — earned the “World’s Largest Dairy Store” title at Ripley’s Believe It or Not, as well as the place in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the highest dollar sales per square foot of selling space."

Before Stew Leonard gained the money to build the first big store (which was in walking distance from my house in the late 60's), his family had run a small dairy business named "Clover Farms" in Norwalk. I remember my parents stopping there on weekends, there was a vending machine outside. Put in a couple of quarters, and out would come a half gallon of milk!

Then the state took their land for "the new Route 7" (which was held up for years in court, they took a little of my grandparents' property, as well).

I think Stew used his share of the money to start the new store that eventually became the bigger one...

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #406 on: April 29, 2023, 05:45:39 pm »
Rabbi Harold Kushner, author of ‘When Bad Things Happen to Good People,’ dies at 88

JTA — Rabbi Harold Kushner, one of the most influential congregational rabbis of the 20th century whose works of popular theology reached millions of people outside the synagogue, has died.

Kushner, who turned 88 on April 3, died Friday in Canton, Massachusetts, just miles from the synagogue where he had been rabbi laureate for more than three decades.

Kushner’s fairly conventional trajectory as a Conservative rabbi was altered shortly after arriving at Temple Israel of Natick when, on the day his daughter Ariel was born, his 3-year-old son Aaron was diagnosed with a fatal premature aging condition, progeria.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/rabbi-harold-kushner-author-of-when-bad-things-happen-to-good-people-dies-at-88/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2023, 08:31:54 pm »
Wow, I did not know this:AP via National Post
He had an interesting life... and often went back to his native UK.

He was a human being. A liberal, to be sure, but he never seemed to be the contemptuous type. The white trash stuff... he was in it for the money.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #408 on: April 30, 2023, 05:43:57 pm »
Infamous late-term abortionist LeRoy Carhart dies at 81.
Rejoice! Notorious Late-Term Abortionist LeRoy Carhart Dead at 81

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #409 on: April 30, 2023, 05:56:30 pm »

I don't rejoice in these matters, but I'll bet it was an interesting meeting with his maker.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #410 on: April 30, 2023, 05:59:21 pm »

[Estimated to have murdered over 90,000 babies]

Even Hell won't take him.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 06:00:22 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #411 on: April 30, 2023, 05:59:42 pm »
I don't rejoice in these matters, but I'll bet it was an interesting meeting with his maker.
Brief, I'm sure.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #412 on: May 01, 2023, 01:07:03 am »
Brief, I'm sure.

Actually, not brief. He is experiencing the wrath of God and will for eternity. Unless, of course, he had a deathbed conversion.
Seriously evil man.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #413 on: May 01, 2023, 02:23:43 am »
His eternity is not with God, I meant.

Offline verga

« Reply #414 on: May 01, 2023, 11:22:24 am »
I hope he prayed for the mercy he did not grant others.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #415 on: May 01, 2023, 11:51:33 am »
Mike Shannon, Cardinals broadcaster and World Series champ, dead at 83

By Associated Press
April 30, 2023

ST. LOUIS — Mike Shannon, a two-time World Series winner and longtime St. Louis Cardinals broadcaster, has died.

He was 83.

The St. Louis Cardinals announced his death Sunday.

The team did not cite when he died or the cause of death.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/30/mike-shannon-cardinals-broadcaster-and-champion-dead-at-83/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #416 on: May 01, 2023, 12:20:07 pm »
After Jack Buck, Mike was the most familiar voice in Cardinals broadcasting history. Listened to countless games he covered.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #417 on: May 01, 2023, 12:38:35 pm »
I listened to Jack and Mike for years. Mike would mention "cold, frosty Busch beer," and I could swear he was popping a few during the ballgame.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #418 on: May 01, 2023, 12:59:43 pm »
I listened to Jack and Mike for years. Mike would mention "cold, frosty Busch beer," and I could swear he was popping a few during the ballgame.

And then add when they had Harry Caray....   You could smell the beer through the speakers....   :cool:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 01:00:33 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #419 on: May 01, 2023, 07:00:36 pm »
Tim Bachman dead at 71: Bachman-Turner Overdrive guitarist was a classic rock legend

Tim Bachman, co-founding guitarist and vocalist for Bachman-Turner Overdrive, has died, his son confirmed on social media. He was 71.

The veteran guitarist died on Friday following complications from cancer “riddled all throughout his brain,” Ryder Bachman shared on Facebook.

“My Dad passed this afternoon. Thank You Everyone for the kind words,” Ryder wrote. “Grateful I got to spend some time with him at the end. Grab yer loved ones and hug em close, ya never know how long you have.”

He shared that his father’s last words were: “I love you Paxton, keep sharing the music.”

https://nypost.com/2023/05/01/tim-bachman-bachman-turner-overdrive-founder-dead-at-71/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #420 on: May 01, 2023, 07:09:58 pm »
BTO has the sound that blasts through you. Saw them in the early 80's. They Rocked.  RIP Tim
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #421 on: May 01, 2023, 07:15:44 pm »
Tim Bachman dead at 71: Bachman-Turner Overdrive guitarist was a classic rock legend

https://nypost.com/2023/05/01/tim-bachman-bachman-turner-overdrive-founder-dead-at-71/

2 of the 3 Bachman's of BTO dead in 3 months.  Got to be hard on the family.

It's hard to getting used to losing all of rock and roll guys of our era.  At their age now, and the lifestyle of the time....it isn't going to slow down.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #422 on: May 01, 2023, 07:16:39 pm »
BTO has the sound that blasts through you. Saw them in the early 80's. They Rocked.  RIP Tim

I agree.  I saw them in the 70's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #423 on: May 01, 2023, 07:36:21 pm »
I agree.  I saw them in the 70's.

I saw them during an all day long concert event in Canada and they were one of the bands that played. Sorry, but they have never been one of my favorite groups.

However, may Bachman RIP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #424 on: May 01, 2023, 07:39:51 pm »
I hope he prayed for the mercy he did not grant others.

I hope he is burning in hell listening to the cries of all the unborn souls he murdered..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34