Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 89140 times)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #350 on: April 10, 2023, 01:09:14 pm »
William Charles delivered on April 7, 2023 at 2:46 am

Elijah John delivered at 2:58 am April 7, 2023 is now with God and his brother.

"Truly I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise" Luke 23:43

@txradioguy

I've been mostly offline for the past several days, and have just now seen this. 
I'm so, so sorry for your loss, my friend.  I have no profound words of comfort to offer, but am praying that the Comforter holds you close as you grieve.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #351 on: April 11, 2023, 11:46:31 am »
Al Jaffee, Inventive Cartoonist at Mad Magazine, Dies at 102

Al Jaffee, a cartoonist who folded in when the trend in magazine publishing was to fold out, thereby creating one of Mad magazine’s most recognizable and enduring features, died on Monday in Manhattan. He was 102.

His death, at a hospital, was caused by multi-system organ failure, his granddaughter Fani Thomson said.

It was in 1964 that Mr. Jaffee created the Mad Fold-In, an illustration-with-text feature on the inside of the magazine’s back cover that seemed at first glance to deliver a straightforward message. When the page was folded in thirds, however, both illustration and text were transformed into something entirely different and unexpected, often with a liberal-leaning or authority-defying message.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/10/arts/al-jaffee-dead.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #352 on: April 11, 2023, 11:50:09 am »
Al Jaffee, Inventive Cartoonist at Mad Magazine, Dies at 102

Al Jaffee, a cartoonist who folded in when the trend in magazine publishing was to fold out, thereby creating one of Mad magazine’s most recognizable and enduring features, died on Monday in Manhattan. He was 102.

His death, at a hospital, was caused by multi-system organ failure, his granddaughter Fani Thomson said.

It was in 1964 that Mr. Jaffee created the Mad Fold-In, an illustration-with-text feature on the inside of the magazine’s back cover that seemed at first glance to deliver a straightforward message. When the page was folded in thirds, however, both illustration and text were transformed into something entirely different and unexpected, often with a liberal-leaning or authority-defying message.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/10/arts/al-jaffee-dead.html

I think this may be the oldest person to get a mention on this thread.

I’ve been a subscriber to Mad since I was in 6th grade. It’s been a very guilty pleasure. Rest in Peace Sir. And thank you for all the hours of folding the Fold In

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #353 on: April 11, 2023, 11:58:02 am »

I think this may be the oldest person to get a mention on this thread.

I’ve been a subscriber to Mad since I was in 6th grade. It’s been a very guilty pleasure. Rest in Peace Sir. And thank you for all the hours of folding the Fold In

Wow.  I had no idea he was still kicking.  I read Mad magazine second-hand after my brother was finished with it, so the creases were already there and the fold-in was instant gratification. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #354 on: April 11, 2023, 12:41:30 pm »
I loved Mad magazine, especially the Don Martin cartoons. What a long life Mr. Jaffee had!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #355 on: April 11, 2023, 07:35:11 pm »
Thank you everyone for the kind words thoughts and prayers.

Physically my daughter is ok and there will be autopsies on the boys to find out what happened. Emotionally we're still a mess.

It's gonna be hard and we're taking everything one minute at a time and none of us will ever be the same again.

Hug your kids...hug your grandkids.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #356 on: April 11, 2023, 08:39:02 pm »

Physically my daughter is ok and there will be autopsies on the boys to find out what happened. Emotionally we're still a mess.

It's gonna be hard and we're taking everything one minute at a time and none of us will ever be the same again.

Hugs to you and your loved ones. Still praying for you.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online libertybele

« Reply #357 on: April 11, 2023, 08:45:29 pm »

You've been through so much lately and my heart goes out to you.  Continued prayers for you and your family.  Blessings.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #358 on: April 11, 2023, 09:14:32 pm »

We are here for you, if you need us, @txradioguy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #359 on: April 12, 2023, 02:04:15 am »

@txradioguy

If I believed in the power of prayer,all my energy  would be devoted to praying for you and your family.

There should be a freaking limit on how much pain any one family can be subjected to.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #360 on: April 12, 2023, 03:02:58 am »

I wish there was something, just one thing, I could say or do to give you and your loved ones some measure of peace. I am indeed praying for all concerned.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline verga

« Reply #361 on: April 12, 2023, 11:26:31 am »

Praying for all of you.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2023, 01:41:49 pm »
I wish there was something, just one thing, I could say or do to give you and your loved ones some measure of peace. I am indeed praying for all concerned.

Ditto @txradioguy
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2023, 01:07:37 pm »
Mary Quant, ’60s designer who invented the miniskirt, dead at 93

By Erin Keller
April 13, 2023

Mary Quant, the British fashion designer who popularized the miniskirt and shaped the 1960s “youthquake,” has died.

She was 93.

Her family announced the news, saying Quant died “peacefully at home” in Surrey in southern England on Thursday.

Some people also credited Quant with inventing the miniskirt, which she introduced in London in 1966.

She paired the shocking look with innovative tights and accessories.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/13/mary-quant-designer-who-invented-the-miniskirt-dead-at-93/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2023, 01:23:34 pm »
Mary Quant, ’60s designer who invented the miniskirt, dead at 93

By Erin Keller
April 13, 2023

Mary Quant, the British fashion designer who popularized the miniskirt and shaped the 1960s “youthquake,” has died.

She was 93.

Her family announced the news, saying Quant died “peacefully at home” in Surrey in southern England on Thursday.

Some people also credited Quant with inventing the miniskirt, which she introduced in London in 1966.

She paired the shocking look with innovative tights and accessories.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/13/mary-quant-designer-who-invented-the-miniskirt-dead-at-93/

I think I speak for every guy born between 1950 and 1960,  remembering our jr. high and high school days, and say....  Thank You Ms. Quant.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #365 on: April 14, 2023, 01:38:58 pm »
I think I speak for every guy born between 1950 and 1960, remembering our jr. high and high school days, and say....  Thank You Ms. Quant.  :cool:

And ever since then, too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #366 on: April 14, 2023, 01:41:26 pm »
And ever since then, too.

Back in the day, the most used function of a ruler was teachers and prinicpals measuing mini-skirt levels above the knees to meet school dress codes.

I thought that process alone was pretty hot to watch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2023, 01:54:14 pm »
I think I speak for every guy born between 1950 and 1960,  remembering our jr. high and high school days, and say....  Thank You Ms. Quant.  :cool:

We shot a lot of beavers back in the day.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2023, 09:55:45 pm »

@catfish1957

Amen,amen,AMEN!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #369 on: April 15, 2023, 09:57:17 am »
Yep!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #370 on: April 17, 2023, 09:35:09 pm »
@txradioguy

If I believed in the power of prayer,all my energy  would be devoted to praying for you and your family.

There should be a freaking limit on how much pain any one family can be subjected to.

Thanks Pete.  I couldn't agree more.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #371 on: April 17, 2023, 09:36:20 pm »

Thanks Lando. And verga and Begun as well.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #372 on: April 18, 2023, 03:25:51 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #373 on: April 18, 2023, 04:01:08 pm »
Aww..  the Kitty died?

Oops!  ham-hands posting!

Sorry!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #374 on: April 18, 2023, 06:53:48 pm »

Oops!  ham-hands posting!

Sorry!

This thread needs an occasional pick me up.   happy77
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: