Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 89115 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #275 on: March 14, 2023, 01:40:51 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #276 on: March 14, 2023, 02:03:31 pm »
Former Rep. Pat Schroeder, pioneer for women’s rights, dies
A pioneer for women’s and family rights in Congress, former Colorado Rep. Pat Schroeder, has died at the age of 82
ByDOUGLASS K. DANIEL Associated Press
March 13, 2023, 10:19 PM

WASHINGTON -- Former U.S. Rep. Pat Schroeder, a pioneer for women’s and family rights in Congress, has died. She was 82.

Schroeder's former press secretary, Andrea Camp, said Schroeder suffered a stroke recently and died Monday night at a hospital in Celebration, Florida, the city where she had been residing in recent years.

Schroeder took on the powerful elite with her rapier wit and antics for 24 years, shaking up stodgy government institutions by forcing them to acknowledge that women had a role in government.

Her unorthodox methods cost her important committee posts, but Schroeder said she wasn’t willing to join what she called “the good old boys’ club” just to score political points. Unafraid of embarrassing her congressional colleagues in public, she became an icon for the feminist movement.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/former-rep-pat-schroeder-pioneer-womens-rights-dies-97841678
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #277 on: March 14, 2023, 02:06:18 pm »
We ran into Pat Schroeder in the lobby of the Essex House when we were on our honeymoon in NYC in 1996. I refrained from talking politics with her.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2023, 02:10:06 pm »
Dick Fosbury, Olympic Champion & High Jump Pioneer, Dead at 76
By Jonathan Gault
March 13, 2023

Dick Fosbury, the man who revolutionized the high jump in the 1960s and whose namesake technique — the “Fosbury Flop” — endures to this day, died on Sunday at the age of 76, according to his agent Ray Schulte.

Few athletes in history have had a greater effect on the sport of track & field than Fosbury. Now, more than five decades after Fosbury popularized it by winning the gold medal at the 1968 Olympics, the Fosbury Flop remains the dominant technique for virtually all elite high jumpers.  ...  Prior to Fosbury, top high jumpers had cycled through a number of techniques, from the scissors to the Western roll to the straddle.   ... Let's Run

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2023, 02:50:24 pm »
I've been an Astros fan, since near the beginning, and remember the culture shock of when the Yankees sent Joe to Houston.

He felt and acted like he was in a different country   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2023, 02:58:27 pm »
I've been an Astros fan, since near the beginning, and remember the culture shock of when the Yankees sent Joe to Houston.

He felt and acted like he was in a different country   :silly:

Then the stro's shipped his ass off to the Cubs. :(  That same year (1970) I read the book Ball Four and laughed my ass off reading about Pepitone's antics!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2023, 03:02:16 pm »
Then the stro's shipped his ass off to the Cubs. :(  That same year (1970) I read the book Ball Four and laughed my ass off reading about Pepitone's antics!

Loved that Book.  Doug Rader was especially a hoot.  I don't think I would ever have eaten anything out of that locker room. 

Saw team mate Jesus Alou died recently too. That generations sure is dying off fast.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #282 on: March 14, 2023, 03:23:05 pm »
Loved that Book.  Doug Rader was especially a hoot.  I don't think I would ever have eaten anything out of that locker room. 

Saw team mate Jesus Alou died recently too. That generations sure is dying off fast.

Our generation took so many words from that book and they became part of our lexicon. 
Lets go pound some Budweiser's.-  Joe Schultz
Shit F*ck
Shooting beavers.
Ding Dong Bell(ed).
F. you Shakespeare.- Pete Rose.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2023, 06:14:41 pm »
Our generation took so many words from that book and they became part of our lexicon. 
Lets go pound some Budweiser's.-  Joe Schultz
Shit F*ck
Shooting beavers.
Ding Dong Bell(ed).
F. you Shakespeare.- Pete Rose.
That was a great book, for sure.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2023, 08:50:56 pm »
Mr. M's cousin Bill told an anecdote just a few days ago at the funeral of the cousin's brother, Steve, who spent his entire life in a wheelchair with a form of muscular dystrophy. The brothers went to a baseball game one day, and Steve was looking forward to seeing Joe Pepitone, one of his favorite players. To their dismay, Joe had been injured the previous day and wasn't going to play, but then they spotted him in the stands in street clothes. Fans were crowded around, talking to him, trying to get autographs, etc.

"Please go over and ask him to come over and see me," Steve asked. Bill reluctantly did so, and he wasn't sure Joe even heard his request. A few innings later, however, "this guy with big black sideburns" came and sat next to Steve's wheelchair and spent some 20 minutes talking to him. One of the high points in Steve's life was meeting and talking to Joe Pepitone.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2023, 01:09:39 am »
Jim Gordon, Eric Clapton drummer and convicted murderer, dead at 77

By Erin Keller   
March 15, 2023

Jim Gordon — the Grammy-winning rock drummer for Eric Clapton and George Harrison — who was convicted of killing his mother in 1983 while suffering from schizophrenia, has died. He was 77.

His publicist, Bob Merlis, confirmed to The Post on Wednesday that Gordon died Monday at the California Medical Facility in Vacaville of natural causes “after a long incarceration and lifelong battle with mental illness.”

The Post reached out to a Clapton rep for comment.

Born on July 14, 1945, Gordon backed the Everly Brothers and played on The Beach Boys’ 1966 album “Pet Sounds.”

He toured with Clapton in 1969 and 1970 as part of the band Delaney & Bonnie. Clapton briefly formed a new band, Derek and the Dominos, that also featured Gordon.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/15/jim-gordon-eric-clapton-drummer-and-convicted-murderer-dead-at-77/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #286 on: March 16, 2023, 01:12:15 am »
Bobby Caldwell dead at 71: Best known for hit ‘What You Won’t Do for Love’

By Samantha Ibrahim and
Eric Hegedus   
March 15, 2023

Singer-songwriter Bobby Caldwell has died after a long illness.

He was 71.

The blues crooner — best known for his jazzy hit “What You Won’t Do for Love” — died Tuesday at his New Jersey home, his wife, Mary Caldwell, shared on Twitter.

The songwriter had been battling neuropathy for the last five years and struggled to walk.

“I held him tight in my arms as he left us. I am forever heartbroken,” she wrote. “Thanks to all of you for your many prayers over the years.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/15/bobby-caldwell-dead-at-71-best-known-for-hit-what-you-wont-do-for-love/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2023, 06:44:51 am »
https://conservativebrief.com/top-lawyer-71402/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=258

Top Lawyer Who Served in Clinton Administration Killed After Turbulence Struck Business Jet

A leading Washington, D.C., lawyer who worked for the Bill Clinton administration was killed after severe turbulence struck a business jet she was flying on earlier this week.

“Dana J. Hyde’s name was released by the Connecticut State Troopers, one of the agencies investigating Friday’s emergency landing at Bradley International Airport just north of Hartford,” NBC News reported on Monday.
Like Lorretta Fuddy in her plane troubles, she was the only one to die. :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2023, 11:33:37 am »

Top Lawyer Who Served in Clinton Administration Killed After Turbulence Struck Business Jet
 Like Lorretta Fuddy in her plane troubles, she was the only one to die. :whistle:
How very curious!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2023, 12:28:36 pm »
How very curious!

Arkancide strikes again????.....

Apparently somehow social media has scrubbed one of my favorite memes of all time, and I can't find it.

It shows a picture of an Angry Hillary, captioned.....

How many people do you know who have had 27 friends commit suicide?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2023, 03:34:33 pm »

@Smokin Joe

I wonder if she had already received her subpoena to testify against the Clintons?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2023, 03:36:38 pm »
Arkancide strikes again????.....

Apparently somehow social media has scrubbed one of my favorite memes of all time, and I can't find it.

It shows a picture of an Angry Hillary, captioned.....

How many people do you know who have had 27 friends commit suicide?

@catfish1957

I have seen  that posted on TBR within  the last two weeks,but can't remember who posted it. Maybe there is some sort of search you can do that will lead you to that post?

Sorry that I can't help you more on this,but I am NOT computer literate.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #292 on: March 16, 2023, 05:11:26 pm »
How very curious!

Check for puncture marks on the back of her neck...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #293 on: March 17, 2023, 07:46:41 pm »
'The Wire' Star Lance Reddick Dead at 60

Lance Reddick, famous for his work on HBO's "The Wire" and the "John Wick" movie franchise has died ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Lance's body was discovered at his Studio City home Friday morning around 9:30 AM. His cause of death is currently unclear, but our law enforcement sources say it appears to be natural.

Lance had been doing a press tour for the fourth installment of the 'John Wick' franchise -- he plays Charon in the movie -- and had a guest appearance scheduled for next week on Kelly Clarkson's show.

Lance posted a selfie video on social media Wednesday morning, appearing to be at home with his dogs instead of attending the 'Wick 4' premiere in New York City ... though he never mentioned why he wasn't going to the premiere.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/03/17/the-wire-star-lance-reddick-dead-dies/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #294 on: March 17, 2023, 07:48:41 pm »

I enjoyed him in “The Wire” and a tv shop called “Corporate” He had a marvelous voice, RIP.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #295 on: March 17, 2023, 08:02:57 pm »

I enjoyed him in “The Wire” and a tv shop called “Corporate” He had a marvelous voice, RIP.

Aw man, he was one of my all-time favorites. Loved him in Fringe and everything else he did. Just watched a reaction to Wick a few weeks ago.

So much talent gone too soon.
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #296 on: March 17, 2023, 08:16:26 pm »
R.I.P. Charon. You were and outstanding concierge and bodyguard. And you were good with dogs.

The New York Continental won’t be the same without you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #297 on: March 17, 2023, 10:00:49 pm »

@Gefn

I don't  remember any specific roles that I have seen him in,but I do remember he  was an excellent  actor.

I do remember binge watching "The Wire",though,and consider it to be one of the best tv series ever aired. Seems like  EVERYBODY  in that series were the best actors you could find. I know that makes no sense,but watch it for yourself and then get back with  me.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 10:02:56 pm by sneakypete »

Offline DB

« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2023, 10:29:08 pm »

The actor died 'suddenly' of natural causes on Friday morning, his representative confirmed
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/lance-reddick-star-wire-john-wick-franchise-dead-60

More "suddenly"...

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #299 on: March 18, 2023, 01:31:10 am »
@Gefn

I don't  remember any specific roles that I have seen him in,but I do remember he  was an excellent  actor.

I do remember binge watching "The Wire",though,and consider it to be one of the best tv series ever aired. Seems like  EVERYBODY  in that series were the best actors you could find. I know that makes no sense,but watch it for yourself and then get back with  me.

@sneakypete

You told me about “The Wire” a few months ago and I binged it around Thanksgiving. So grateful you told me about this show, it was one of the bes5 TV dramas I’ve ever seen