Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46378 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #1075 on: January 06, 2023, 10:32:58 pm »
That's because RINOs are now the Republican Party.  Because of GOP allegiance to the Uniparty, Conservatives are now the ones who are Republican in Name Only, since they don't buy into the liberalism that today's GOP embraces.

Keep wearing that aluminum foil hat...tell me again how Jim Jordan is a RINO (he's been supporting McCarthy through 14 votes...clearly he's a uniparty guy, right?)

For clarity, when people like Jordan are too soft and too liberal for ya...its a you problem.

Nowhere in my post did I offer that opinion of Jim Jordan.  You simply made it up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline oldno7

« Reply #1076 on: January 06, 2023, 10:37:48 pm »
McCarthy Warns Not Voting For Him Could Delay More Funds To Ukraine

WASHINGTON, DC — Amid protracted negotiations for the speakership in the House Of Representatives, former House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (CA, R) has issued a stern admonition that further delay in the process could hold up the important work of continued funds for Ukraine.

"We have continued this charade for long enough – if I am not elected Speaker of the House in the next round of voting, we face the very real possibility of Ukraine not receiving their next $44 billion allowance." said McCarthy. "Zelensky is looking down from the sky with those dreamy eyes of his, waiting for us to do the right thing."

https://babylonbee.com/news/mccarthy-warns-not-voting-for-him-could-delay-more-funds-to-ukraine

Online corbe

« Reply #1077 on: January 07, 2023, 12:05:52 am »
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

38m

It’s amazing how poorly Fake News CNN, and MSDNC, are doing in the Ratings. TRUTH SOCIAL IS DELIVERING A FAR BIGGER AND MORE IMPORTANT VOICE!!!

LOOKING VERY GOOD FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, AND OUR COUNTRY, TONIGHT. ALL COMING TOGETHER. STAY TUNED !!!!

No thanks to you azzhole
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1078 on: January 07, 2023, 12:15:06 am »
We still don't know all the details of this so called agreement.  Anyone here trust McCarthy?

NO!

I guess that's why they have to get it in writing and have him sign it. When he suspends the rules and violates the agreement they can at least hold it up and say "see he lied to us".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1079 on: January 07, 2023, 12:27:50 am »
NO!

I guess that's why they have to get it in writing and have him sign it. When he suspends the rules and violates the agreement they can at least hold it up and say "see he lied to us".

Well, the rules are voted on as a package.  If he tries to screw the FC by leaving out the agreed-upon rules, then the FC just won't vote for the rules package at all, and the vote will fail.  And he can't run the house without the rules.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1080 on: January 07, 2023, 12:28:54 am »
For some, even here on this board, it’s not about anything other than personal vendetta. They are blind to the fact of real and meaningful concessions having been made.

And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. Romans 6
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline bilo

« Reply #1081 on: January 07, 2023, 12:32:15 am »
Well, the rules are voted on as a package.  If he tries to screw the FC by leaving out the agreed-upon rules, then the FC just won't vote for the rules package at all, and the vote will fail.  And he can't run the house without the rules.

Unless it's in the signed agreement and agreed to by the House the Speaker has the power to suspend the rules.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1082 on: January 07, 2023, 12:34:00 am »
Unless it's in the signed agreement and agreed to by the House the Speaker has the power to suspend the rules.

Doesn't matter if it is in the signed agreement.  Only matters is if it is the Rules themselves, and the FC's votes are needed to approve them.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1083 on: January 07, 2023, 12:56:54 am »
 :bkmk:

Gonna be sick soon bookmark.

"Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil" (Rom. 12:9)

Hypocritical Love of the machine.

"Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right." - Charles H. Spurgeon

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1084 on: January 07, 2023, 01:26:09 am »

No thanks to you azzhole

He doesn't have any more NFT to pimp?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1085 on: January 07, 2023, 01:49:05 am »
He doesn't have any more NFT to pimp?

Just wait for the "Trump in the Raw!" Collection!!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1086 on: January 07, 2023, 02:00:11 am »
Matt Gaetz: Kevin McCarthy Likely to Win Speakership

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), a vocal opponent of House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), signaled to reporters that McCarthy may be headed for a victory in the speaker race after more than half of those who had initially opposed him flipped their vote in favor of the leader in the 12th round of voting Friday afternoon.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/06/matt-gaetz-kevin-mccarthy-likely-to-win-speakership/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

« Reply #1087 on: January 07, 2023, 02:19:36 am »
Matt Gaetz: Kevin McCarthy Likely to Win Speakership

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), a vocal opponent of House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), signaled to reporters that McCarthy may be headed for a victory in the speaker race after more than half of those who had initially opposed him flipped their vote in favor of the leader in the 12th round of voting Friday afternoon.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/06/matt-gaetz-kevin-mccarthy-likely-to-win-speakership/

Does that mean he will resign? Isn't that what he said?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1088 on: January 07, 2023, 02:23:04 am »
Does that mean he will resign? Isn't that what he said?

I believe he said he'd resign if McCarthy got in because of Democrat votes.  So this wouldn't qualify.

Of course, he still looks like something of a jackass for repeatedly saying McCarthy should withdraw because there was absolutely no chance of him getting enough votes, and calling him derogatory names for staying in anyway.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 02:24:40 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1089 on: January 07, 2023, 02:41:10 am »
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

« Reply #1090 on: January 07, 2023, 02:52:43 am »
  McCarthy will be elected speaker, but like a train wreck we all slow down to look at who screams from the accident site 'f*c this $hit'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1091 on: January 07, 2023, 02:56:26 am »
Of course, he still looks like something of a jackass for repeatedly saying McCarthy should withdraw because there was absolutely no chance of him getting enough votes, and calling him derogatory names for staying in anyway.

Gaetz is talking nice talk now.  McCarthy is a standup guy, and all that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1092 on: January 07, 2023, 02:59:42 am »
The important thing is that the ability of the House to spend money should be severely curtailed.  Hopefully, the Conservatives got McCarthy to agree to every bit of what they wanted.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1093 on: January 07, 2023, 03:01:06 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1094 on: January 07, 2023, 03:01:08 am »
Let's get this thing going lady
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1095 on: January 07, 2023, 03:02:00 am »
Come on..gavel in
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1096 on: January 07, 2023, 03:04:30 am »
AMEN !!!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1097 on: January 07, 2023, 03:05:16 am »
Gaetz is standing two away from Scalise....  He's got the votes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1098 on: January 07, 2023, 03:06:18 am »
Gaetz is standing two away from Scalise....  He's got the votes.

We should know right off.  If no other Republican besides McCarthy is nominated, it's a done deal.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1099 on: January 07, 2023, 03:08:28 am »
https://justthenews.com/sites/default/files/2023-01/House%20Rules%20Package.pdf

I quickly scanned this and it appears to make what we have witnessed lately worthwhile.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 03:17:15 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien