Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46411 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #925 on: January 06, 2023, 06:41:43 pm »
This is what a real honest-to-God democratic process looks like, folks.  It's not pretty, but it's a darn sight better than the authoritarian, fake-unity set-pieces the democrats come up with.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #926 on: January 06, 2023, 06:42:37 pm »
But he was the Trump's, and therefore his cheerleaders first choice.

Kevs has no track record of standing up to the real political enemies. But let's vote for Lucy again.

Exactly, and can we just say one more time, Kevin McCarthy has an F rating on his voting record! That’s who we want leading the House?!? 
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #927 on: January 06, 2023, 06:44:17 pm »
Why not stop with the "your boy" crap?  McCarthy wasn't anyone's first choice.  My understanding of the deal is it is solid and secures for conservatives leverage and a voice.

Let's refocus on the real political enemy and get to work.

What deal?

15 minutes ago one member used the term "pending",,,,,,   and another one "good faith"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 06:47:11 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #928 on: January 06, 2023, 06:44:27 pm »
   McCarthy should make his own Nomination speech and tell us what he gave to the Freedom Caucus.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #929 on: January 06, 2023, 06:44:35 pm »

Yep.  Let's focus on Conservatives and get to work continuing the destruction of America's future.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #930 on: January 06, 2023, 06:46:06 pm »

This IS the real enemy.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #931 on: January 06, 2023, 06:46:40 pm »
   McCarthy should make his own Nomination speech and tell us what he gave to the Freedom Caucus.

Don't hold your breath Corbe.  It's probably in invisible ink.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline oldno7

« Reply #932 on: January 06, 2023, 06:48:27 pm »
This is what a real honest-to-God democratic process looks like, folks.  It's not pretty, but it's a darn sight better than the authoritarian, fake-unity set-pieces the democrats come up with.

:amen:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #933 on: January 06, 2023, 06:50:05 pm »
This IS the real enemy.

Sadly many on our side doesn't realize that McCarthy and Turdle are as much, if not more than an enemy than anyone in the dimocratic party.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #934 on: January 06, 2023, 06:50:16 pm »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #935 on: January 06, 2023, 06:52:51 pm »
But he was the Trump's, and therefore his cheerleaders first choice.

Kevs has no track record of standing up to the real political enemies. But let's vote for Lucy again.

Maybe if the McCarthy opposition had nominated a viable alternative candidate they could have spent their time winning votes for him instead of wasting time trying to pull votes away from McCarthy with only the assurance a magical "consensus" candidate would rise from the ashes.

So please, fight the urge to blame your usual suspects and learn from this. Strategy counts.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #936 on: January 06, 2023, 06:53:19 pm »
A smart strategy for the Democrats at this point may be for a couple of members to switch their votes over to confirm McCarthy just to increase the mistrust between him and the Conservatives.  And they get him in before he gives up anything else that the Democrats oppose.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #937 on: January 06, 2023, 06:53:52 pm »
Exactly, and can we just say one more time, Kevin McCarthy has an F rating on his voting record! That’s who we want leading the House?!?

Even the lenient ACA has him at a 74%.  If that isn't RINO territory,  I don't know what is.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #938 on: January 06, 2023, 06:56:52 pm »
McCarthy is 3 votes short.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #939 on: January 06, 2023, 06:57:34 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #940 on: January 06, 2023, 06:57:42 pm »
Time for a call for recess, and find out what the terms of the FC agreement were (Pending or Not)

If it is acceptable, lets put this to bed.  Otherwise, I trust RINO McCarthy......Zero!!!!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #941 on: January 06, 2023, 06:57:44 pm »
Here we go again...vote 13
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #942 on: January 06, 2023, 06:59:15 pm »
Maybe if the McCarthy opposition had nominated a viable alternative candidate they could have spent their time winning votes for him instead of wasting time trying to pull votes away from McCarthy with only the assurance a magical "consensus" candidate would rise from the ashes.

So please, fight the urge to blame your usual suspects and learn from this. Strategy counts.

Kevs could have done that himself by taking himself out of the race after the 3rd failed vote, as the Swampers always demand the Conservatives do when they lose, i.e. get in line. They can't even live by the rules they put on everybody else.

But the holdouts pulled your ass out of the fire by actually negotiating to reign in the debacle of the last two years.

Meanwhile, the cheerleaders were just going to hand over the keys free of charge.
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

« Reply #943 on: January 06, 2023, 07:00:24 pm »
 :thumbsup:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #944 on: January 06, 2023, 07:01:04 pm »

I think one of the most disconcerting things for me, in all of this, is that you of all people, someone I continually look up to for solid conservatism, is happy with everything that is happening here.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #945 on: January 06, 2023, 07:02:45 pm »
What deal?

15 minutes ago one member used the term "pending",,,,,,   and another one "good faith"

It's literally impossible to enact the deal before electing a Speaker because you can't approve the rules and appoint committees until after the Speaker is elected.  So at that level, a certain amount of trust is required.

However, the deal is for changes to the rules and for committee appointments, which are things that happen almost immediately after the Speaker is elected. If McCarthy chose to go back on that deal after being elected Speaker, the Freedom Caucus would immediately move to vacate the chair, and that motion would pass.  So McCarthy would be right back where he is now except with his reputation destroyed.

The more rational thinkers within the Freedom Caucus clearly have figured that is the kind of promise you can actually trust. It is only those  operating on emotion and personal feelings who refuse to recognize it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #946 on: January 06, 2023, 07:04:00 pm »
I think one of the most disconcerting things for me, in all of this, is that you of all people, someone I continually look up to for solid conservatism, is happy with everything that is happening here.

There is a huge difference between just taking conservative actions, and achieving conservative results.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #947 on: January 06, 2023, 07:04:16 pm »
Kevs could have done that himself by taking himself out of the race after the 3rd failed vote, as the Swampers always demand the Conservatives do when they lose, i.e. get in line. They can't even live by the rules they put on everybody else.

But the holdouts pulled your ass out of the fire by actually negotiating to reign in the debacle of the last two years.

Meanwhile, the cheerleaders were just going to hand over the keys free of charge.

:amen:

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #948 on: January 06, 2023, 07:07:23 pm »
There is a huge difference between just taking conservative actions, and achieving conservative results.

Doublespeak, which I always expect from you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #949 on: January 06, 2023, 07:09:17 pm »
McCarthy better get his digs in, because 10% of his party aren't going to forget.......

And 90% plus of the party aren't going to forget Gaetz, Boebert, and Biggs.  Money will pour into their districts to finance a primary challenger.