Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46403 times)

Online corbe

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #675 on: January 06, 2023, 01:39:43 am »
   After suffering through Hassert, Boehner and Ryan we deserve much better than McCarthy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #676 on: January 06, 2023, 01:55:31 am »
Just like High School.  Vote for most popular.  I know our "Voted Most Popular" contestant won by giving Blow jobs.

I don't think trying to get a member who was unpopular elected as Speaker would be a good use of time.

Offline bilo

« Reply #677 on: January 06, 2023, 02:00:31 am »
Better than the strategy of the morons getting just 22 votes.

Courage can become contagious. They started with 5. It's a safe bet that Boebert is right and there are a lot more members who support what the 22 are doing. I'm praying they find the courage to stand up and be counted.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #678 on: January 06, 2023, 02:01:56 am »
I don't think trying to get a member who was unpopular elected as Speaker would be a good use of time.
Popularity tends to fade away when the person loses the ability/power to bully you (and America).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:05:03 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline bilo

« Reply #679 on: January 06, 2023, 02:07:31 am »
   After suffering through Hassert, Boehner and Ryan we deserve much better than McCarthy.

But we won't get it without fighting for it!

God Bless those with the courage to stand up and fight. I don't care if this goes on till the govt. hits the debt ceiling and has to shut down. Lets get real change in how things are done.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #680 on: January 06, 2023, 02:13:54 am »

God Bless those with the courage to stand up and fight. I don't care if this goes on till the govt. hits the debt ceiling and has to shut down. Lets get real change in how things are done.

Hey. You guys forgot something. An actual candidate. Put ‘em out there and run them against McCarthy. Whatcha waiting for?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #681 on: January 06, 2023, 02:27:58 am »

I only hope the senate republicans are taking notes....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #682 on: January 06, 2023, 02:43:20 am »

Hey. You guys forgot something. An actual candidate. Put ‘em out there and run them against McCarthy. Whatcha waiting for?

For me, McCarthy, the democrat from Cali to fall on his sword.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #683 on: January 06, 2023, 02:49:57 am »
McRomney needs to step aside. Unless he is a Kamikaze. McRomney is a suicide bomber.
Vote for me, or I will blow the whole Congress up!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #684 on: January 06, 2023, 02:52:50 am »

Clearly, we do not need an actual candidate to block an establishment collaborator from becoming Speaker.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #685 on: January 06, 2023, 03:00:35 am »
Clearly, we do not need an actual candidate to block an establishment collaborator from becoming Speaker.

The next speaker will either be McCarthy, or someone the Dems chose. That's it.

How dumb can anyone be to give that power to the Left...and its precisely why these clowns are called the 22 morons.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #686 on: January 06, 2023, 03:06:27 am »

Logical fallacies:  False Dilemma - https://owl.excelsior.edu/argument-and-critical-thinking/logical-fallacies/logical-fallacies-false-dilemma/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #687 on: January 06, 2023, 03:11:50 am »

How dumb can anyone be to give that power to the Left...and its precisely why these clowns are called the 22 morons.

Bitch please.   Those 22
Morons" might be right. 

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #688 on: January 06, 2023, 03:17:05 am »
Knock Knock:

Who's there?

Owen....

Owen Who?

0-10 McRino
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #689 on: January 06, 2023, 03:21:42 am »
Knock Knock:

Who's there?

Owen....

Owen Who?

0-10 McRino

:silly:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #690 on: January 06, 2023, 03:28:00 am »
Is this real? EDIT: I now think this is Fake so adding this as to not mislead, I made the mistake so I will keep it up as testiment that I messed up and admit it, didn't do my homework.

Funny who do the Trumpbots support? Is this the great divide? Which Rino will get the nod. Trump has already flipped on his endorsement, so will Trump also not run for President if elected? Who is the greater swamp creature for some here to get behind?

Stayed tuned tomorrow for the next episode of As the Rino Turns.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 04:48:27 am by Sighlass »

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #691 on: January 06, 2023, 03:29:38 am »
Is this real?

Funny who do the Trumpbots support? Is this the great divide? Which Rino will get the nod. Trump has already flipped on his endorsement, so will Trump also not run for President if elected? Who is the greater swamp creature for some here to get behind?

Stayed tuned tomorrow for the next episode of As the Rino Turns.

It could be real   But...F(u)ck Trump.   What an ass hole.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 03:31:11 am by Wingnut »

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #692 on: January 06, 2023, 03:53:55 am »
It could be real   But...F(u)ck Trump.   What an ass hole.

Yeah, I can't verify it, so I may be passing fake news... @Wingnut ... I try not to do that... but I have a lot on my plate tonight (family things). Apologizes sincere I do.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #693 on: January 06, 2023, 03:54:11 am »

A distinction without a difference.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #694 on: January 06, 2023, 03:59:38 am »
Yeah, I can't verify it, so I may be passing fake news... @Wingnut ... I try not to do that... but I have a lot on my plate tonight (family things). Apologizes sincere I do.

@Sighlass

All the best.  Been there. Done that family thing! 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #695 on: January 06, 2023, 04:02:42 am »
McCarthy Votes (218 needed)

Ballot #- votes

1- 203
2- 203
3- 202
4- 201
5- 201
6- 201
7- 201
8- 201
9- 200
10- 200
11- 200

Word has it negotiations of McCarthy and the FC aren't going well

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #696 on: January 06, 2023, 04:25:56 am »

A viable candidate will emerge if this goes on for awhile. I would love to see Gaetz, but there wouldn't be enough support because the money from the lobbyists would dry up.

A lot of the folks who are against this action opposing McCarthy really just want things to remain the same, but for the Pubs to now control the graft.

Offline bilo

« Reply #697 on: January 06, 2023, 04:27:22 am »
I only hope the senate republicans are taking notes....

Ric Scott and Ron Johnson are among the few who see the need for real change.

Offline bilo

« Reply #698 on: January 06, 2023, 04:32:49 am »
McRomney needs to step aside. Unless he is a Kamikaze. McRomney is a suicide bomber.
Vote for me, or I will blow the whole Congress up!

I think it's deeper than that. McCarthy is just the tip of the iceberg. A lot of Pubs don't want real investigations of China influence in the govt., or how corrupt so many in both parties are. The admin. state sure doesn't want to see real legislative reorganizations of their fiefdoms presented for the public to see. The lobbyists sure don't want to be exposed for writing the legislation that gets passed and for omnibus bills to be ended.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #699 on: January 06, 2023, 05:02:40 am »
McCarthy Votes (218 needed)

Ballot #- votes

1- 203
2- 203
3- 202
4- 201
5- 201
6- 201
7- 201
8- 201
9- 200
10- 200
11- 200

Word has it negotiations of McCarthy and the FC aren't going well

https://nypost.com/2023/01/05/deal-reached-for-gop-reps-to-back-mccarthy-for-house-speaker/amp/

“Anti-McCarthy Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) and pro-McCarthy Rep. Patrick McHenry reportedly negotiated the truce, according to the news outlet.”