Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46406 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #525 on: January 05, 2023, 11:02:00 pm »
Some of you are being willfully blind to what this is doing to the future of conservatism….

The Kevin McCarthy's of the world have done more damage to Conservatism than the Democrats ever could.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #526 on: January 05, 2023, 11:02:10 pm »
He doesn’t care, because he’s not causing the damage. That title goes entirely to the 22 morons.
I disagree. McCarthy is obsessed with become speaker which he considers to be his 'divine right'.
He is willing to f**k everything up before he will give it up to anybody else.
McCarthy is a suicide bomber. IT'S EITHER ME OR NOBODY!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #527 on: January 05, 2023, 11:03:35 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #528 on: January 05, 2023, 11:03:48 pm »
Answer me this, @Mesaclone .  If you were McCarthy, what would you do to get those 17 votes?  Other than calling them "morons".

He’s already offered them essentially everything they’ve asked for…minus some obscure request to deny seniority on committee assignments. Ask this…what the he!! concessions have THEY made.

And tell me, what’s the plan when 10-20 RINOs on the left flank of the party make the sse sort of demand? How is ANY Speaker supposed to achieve ANYTHING if the caucus itself won’t honor a voting decision made within the caucus?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Hoodat

« Reply #529 on: January 05, 2023, 11:04:54 pm »
He’s already offered them essentially everything they’ve asked for…

If that were true, then he would be Speaker right now.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #530 on: January 05, 2023, 11:04:55 pm »
That’s just it. I’m not enamored. I don’t like the man at all…I’m just not willing to destroy Conservatism so I can feel righteous. And make no mistake, the 22 have destroyed our hopes for 2024 at all levels. That’s not melodrama, it’s a practical look at the implications. Some of you are being willfully blind to what this is doing to the future of conservatism….but voters will open your eyes soon enough. We had a real shot at winning across the board in 2024 and that’s been blown to smithereens…so damn right my hair is on fire over this.

Well, the likes of Chip Roy have been quoted on C-Span that an agreement between McCarthy and the FC rebels might be in the works.

I sure hope so, and things return to normal.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #531 on: January 05, 2023, 11:05:37 pm »
The Kevin McCarthy's of the world have done more damage to Conservatism than the Democrats ever could.

That's right.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #532 on: January 05, 2023, 11:05:37 pm »
I disagree. McCarthy is obsessed with become speaker which he considers to be his 'divine right'.
He is willing to f**k everything up before he will give it up to anybody else.
McCarthy is a suicide bomber. IT'S EITHER ME OR NOBODY!!

200 people VOTED FOR HIM TO BE SPEAKER. This is not McCarthy stubbornly opposing 22 people…it’s 22 people demanding that TWO HUNDRED other Republicans kowtow to them.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #533 on: January 05, 2023, 11:06:37 pm »
Well, the likes of Chip Roy have been quoted on C-Span that an agreement between McCarthy and the FC rebels might be in the works.

I sure hope so, and things return to normal.

That’s part of why I listed that as the most likely outcome in my post above.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #534 on: January 05, 2023, 11:07:21 pm »
That's right.

Words can not describe how much I detest the Turdle.  He's worse than a democrat.  He's a traiterous bastard.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #535 on: January 05, 2023, 11:07:35 pm »
If that were true, then he would be Speaker right now.

Clearly not, as he did and yet we’re still trapped in this stupidity.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #536 on: January 05, 2023, 11:08:29 pm »
200 people VOTED FOR HIM TO BE SPEAKER.

That's not enough.  This will be a good test for McCarthy.  The first thing he should do is fire Steve Scalise.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #537 on: January 05, 2023, 11:08:37 pm »
Words can not describe how much I detest the Turdle.  He's worse than a democrat.  He's a traiterous bastard.

YUP. That he can be called a Republican is a stain on the name.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #538 on: January 05, 2023, 11:08:59 pm »
Clearly not, as he did

According to whom?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #539 on: January 05, 2023, 11:09:08 pm »
He’s already offered them essentially everything they’ve asked for…minus some obscure request to deny seniority on committee assignments. Ask this…what the he!! concessions have THEY made.

And tell me, what’s the plan when 10-20 RINOs on the left flank of the party make the sse sort of demand? How is ANY Speaker supposed to achieve ANYTHING if the caucus itself won’t honor a voting decision made within the caucus?

That's not true. He has given them some of what they asked but not the most important. Didn't you hear the guy from Montana? They want single issue bills. What American doesn't want that? Why wouldn't McCarthy agree to that?
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online DB

« Reply #540 on: January 05, 2023, 11:10:00 pm »
200 people VOTED FOR HIM TO BE SPEAKER. This is not McCarthy stubbornly opposing 22 people…it’s 22 people demanding that TWO HUNDRED other Republicans kowtow to them.

So were you saying the same thing when Manchin was hanging up the Democrat's trillion dollar spending bills by one vote?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #541 on: January 05, 2023, 11:10:08 pm »
That’s part of why I listed that as the most likely outcome in my post above.

Hate to sour the mood a bit, but an update indicated that even the agreement, they may fall a tad short.

McCarthy plans to fall a few votes short, and then pick off members via deals or via member abstention.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 11:10:59 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline oldno7

« Reply #542 on: January 05, 2023, 11:10:34 pm »

Sure looks that way. I asked a question earlier in the thread about how many Freedom Caucus members there are. It was answered in a later post. It appears even they are divided.

I agree with the Critter voting "present". Take it behind doors, find someone that can be elected and take this crazy out of public view. Although entertaining it's really not productive. Make any demands from the dissenters part of the deal.

When they just start throwing out names during the nomination process, it looks like there is no real plan. And I am beginning to think there isn't.

Thats how they do "normal" business, I prefer in the light of day with constituents watching.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #543 on: January 05, 2023, 11:10:50 pm »
So were you saying the same thing when Manchin was hanging up the Democrat's trillion dollar spending bills by one vote?

Maybe he was.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #544 on: January 05, 2023, 11:11:05 pm »
David Brody
@DBrodyReports
·
1m
To all the Never Kevins’: you do realize how this is going to end right? McCarthy & the Never Kevin Caucus will cut a deal where he becomes speaker & they get pretty much everything they want so that McCarthy is on a tight leash & politically neutered. Would that be a win?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #545 on: January 05, 2023, 11:12:38 pm »
David Brody
@DBrodyReports
·
1m
To all the Never Kevins’: you do realize how this is going to end right? McCarthy & the Never Kevin Caucus will cut a deal where he becomes speaker & they get pretty much everything they want so that McCarthy is on a tight leash & politically neutered. Would that be a win?

Why yes... Yes it would.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #546 on: January 05, 2023, 11:12:46 pm »
That's not true. He has given them some of what they asked but not the most important. Didn't you hear the guy from Montana? They want single issue bills. What American doesn't want that? Why wouldn't McCarthy agree to that?

If every bill is single issue, it would be physically impossible to vote on each bill even if congress ran 24/7. One finance bill could address thousands of “issues”…so I’d love to know how that’s even possible.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #547 on: January 05, 2023, 11:14:45 pm »
David Brody
@DBrodyReports
·
1m

Roll the rules back to the way they were when the 13th Amendment was passed.  Then McCarthy can have is seat.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #548 on: January 05, 2023, 11:15:23 pm »
If every bill is single issue, it would be physically impossible to vote on each bill even if congress ran 24/7. One finance bill could address thousands of “issues”…so I’d love to know how that’s even possible.

That's the whole point.  Keep it simple.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #549 on: January 05, 2023, 11:15:37 pm »

Well just perhaps congress shouldn't be a bill mill machine turning out endless unaccountable laws buried in mountains of crap to obscure what they're doing.