Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46356 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #500 on: January 05, 2023, 10:40:10 pm »
Again, false dichotomy.

Exactly.  The only thing the 21 are trying to win here is either of these two:

-  Conservative concessions from McCarthy

or

-  McCarthy withdrawal.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #501 on: January 05, 2023, 10:41:14 pm »
Actually, that wouldn't necessarily end it NOW. You'd still have to find someone who could get to 218

Clearly, McCarthy isn't that person.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #502 on: January 05, 2023, 10:42:02 pm »
The 22 clowns can’t even get near that number….so if 200 don’t count, 22 is just plain embarrassing.

A dam bursts beginning with but one crack.  10% is a big crack.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #503 on: January 05, 2023, 10:42:17 pm »
They only need 5 to block McCarthy.  They have four times that number.  They have a ten-round win streak.

Well, there’s 200 blocking whatever imaginary candidate the 22 morons are pushing for.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #504 on: January 05, 2023, 10:45:03 pm »
They only need 5 to block McCarthy.  They have four times that number.  They have a ten-round win streak.

Mesc seems to forget that McCarthy had an easy out when the rebels totalled 5.  Now there are 20 in probably 3 sub-factions.  Getting all 3 aligned?  Good luck with that.

He has no end game now except cede to or an alternative, or make a dirty deal with the dims.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #505 on: January 05, 2023, 10:45:49 pm »
Exactly.  The only thing the 21 are trying to win here is either of these two:

-  Conservative concessions from McCarthy

or

-  McCarthy withdrawal.

And they ain't buying the "concessions" now.  Ponder that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

Online Hoodat

« Reply #507 on: January 05, 2023, 10:46:21 pm »
Well, there’s 200 blocking whatever imaginary candidate the 22 morons are pushing for.

I'm not complaining about that.  I'm not whining about how their candidate should be awarded a touchdown even though they failed again on fourth down just inside the 10-yard line.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #508 on: January 05, 2023, 10:47:10 pm »
If not now, when?

This is an "unexpected opportunity."  If God ever pointed to "the opportunity," it's now.  This is the hill to die on.

THAT'S RIGHT.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #509 on: January 05, 2023, 10:47:45 pm »

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1611130638572179458

McCarthy should simply close his eyes and imagine he is talking to Pelosi.  Then it will be much easier for the word 'yes' to come out of his mouth.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #510 on: January 05, 2023, 10:48:30 pm »
Actually, that wouldn't necessarily end it NOW. You'd still have to find someone who could get to 218, which might be kind of tough considering the hard feelings on both sides.  The 200 may only agree to someone else if the 20 drop ALL of their other demands.

Of course, the thing that would end it NOW  for certain would be to elect McCarthy.
That may or may not be true. But if McCarthy would get out of the way, we could at least get off this hamster wheel we are running on now. The point is, McCarthy does not seem to care how much damage he is causing. McCarthy in his own head must be the speaker at any costs. No matter what he has to blow up to get there.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #511 on: January 05, 2023, 10:49:09 pm »
A dam bursts beginning with but one crack.  10% is a big crack.

4 possible outcomes in order of likelihood.

1) 18 of the 22 morons cave and make a deal. McCarthy becomes Speaker.
2) McCarthy cuts a deal with devil and a dozen Dems vote for him to be Speaker. And McCarthy becomes speaker.
3) Enough Repubs miss a vote and the threshold drops to 212, and Hakeem Jeffries becomes Speaker.
4) 8 RINO’s crossover and join Dems to make…take your pick..Cheney, Kinzinger or some other such filth Speaker of the House.

Theirs is no option in which some member of the Freedom Caucus becomes Speaker.

Worse, in every one of those outcomes, the credibility and perceived competence of Republicans and the conservative cause are devastated for years to come.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 10:51:46 pm by Mesaclone »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #512 on: January 05, 2023, 10:50:06 pm »
A dam bursts beginning with one butt crack.  10% is a big crack.

I know that ain't what you wrote, but that's what I read...  :silly:
I love these old eyes.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #513 on: January 05, 2023, 10:50:46 pm »
That may or may not be true. But if McCarthy would get out of the way, we could at least get off this hamster wheel we are running on now. The point is, McCarthy does not seem to care how much damage he is causing. McCarthy in his own head must be the speaker at any costs. No matter what he has to blow up to get there.

He doesn’t care, because he’s not causing the damage. That title goes entirely to the 22 morons.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #514 on: January 05, 2023, 10:52:45 pm »
4 possible outcomes in order of likelihood.
1) 18 of the 22 morons cave and make a deal. McCarthy becomes Speaker.
2) McCarthy cuts a deal with devil and a dozen Dems vote for him to be Speaker. And McCarthy becomes speaker.
3) Enough Repubs miss a vote and the threshold drops to 212, and Hakeem Jeffries becomes Speaker.
4) 8 RINO’s crossover and join Dems to make…take your pick..Cheney, Kinzinger or some other such filth Speaker of the House.

Theirs is no option in which some member of the Freedom Caucus becomes Speaker.

Worse, in every one of those outcomes, the credibility and perceived competence of Republicans and the conservative cause are devastated for years to come.

No No. 5?  McCarthy does the honorable thing and cedes to an alternative?   Are you that hell bent on him?  Not healthy for a conservative to be that enamored with a RINO.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #515 on: January 05, 2023, 10:53:29 pm »

Maybe the 200 should not have tried to shove him down the throats of the 20. Green-light bullcrap in the conference.

Offline berdie

« Reply #516 on: January 05, 2023, 10:53:49 pm »
He’s far closer than anyone else towards closing the deal…has someone else gotten more than 20 votes? Much less 200. So it seems none of these 22 idiots can close a deal either.

Sure looks that way. I asked a question earlier in the thread about how many Freedom Caucus members there are. It was answered in a later post. It appears even they are divided.

I agree with the Critter voting "present". Take it behind doors, find someone that can be elected and take this crazy out of public view. Although entertaining it's really not productive. Make any demands from the dissenters part of the deal.

When they just start throwing out names during the nomination process, it looks like there is no real plan. And I am beginning to think there isn't.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #517 on: January 05, 2023, 10:54:13 pm »
McCarthy - 201
Jeffries   -  212
Other     -    21

Those concessions that McCarthy made between the last vote and this vote surely paid off.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #518 on: January 05, 2023, 10:54:46 pm »
Ambition is his precious.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #519 on: January 05, 2023, 10:56:48 pm »
No No. 5?  McCarthy does the honorable thing and cedes to an alternative?   Are you that hell bent on him?  Not healthy for a conservative to be that enamored with a RINO.

If he just did it for a round or two just to prove that there was no other candidate Republicans could get behind.  Or even go into caucus and take a poll of who everyone's second choice would be after McCarthy.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #520 on: January 05, 2023, 10:57:03 pm »
Ambition is his precious.

Well done.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #521 on: January 05, 2023, 10:58:47 pm »
McCarthy Votes (218 needed)

Ballot #- votes

1- 203
2- 203
3- 202
4- 201
5- 201
6- 201
7- 201
8- 201
9- 200
10- 200

Online Hoodat

« Reply #522 on: January 05, 2023, 10:59:03 pm »
Answer me this, @Mesaclone .  If you were McCarthy, what would you do to get those 17 votes?  Other than calling them "morons".

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #523 on: January 05, 2023, 11:00:12 pm »
That’s just it. I’m not enamored. I don’t like the man at all…I’m just not willing to destroy Conservatism so I can feel righteous. And make no mistake, the 22 have destroyed our hopes for 2024 at all levels. That’s not melodrama, it’s a practical look at the implications. Some of you are being willfully blind to what this is doing to the future of conservatism….but voters will open your eyes soon enough. We had a real shot at winning across the board in 2024 and that’s been blown to smithereens…so damn right my hair is on fire over this.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #524 on: January 05, 2023, 11:00:35 pm »

Sure looks that way. I asked a question earlier in the thread about how many Freedom Caucus members there are. It was answered in a later post. It appears even they are divided.

Not necessarily. The others may not be able to take the heat, being up for committee placements and such... Only the ones that can play hardball are playing hardball.

Like Rosendale - I guarantee he is getting standing ovations here in the state.
He not only can afford to take a hit, he is actually laying down big-time Conservative creds and staking em in with a 9 pound jack. This is making him golden.