Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46453 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2023, 08:50:00 pm »
I am in tears.  Twenty-one Republicans standing on principle, refusing to bend.  This is a beautiful moment.

Ain't it though? I am a HAPPY guy! Haven't seen a Republican with this much salt since Cruz stood on the floor and called Turdle a liar!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #351 on: January 05, 2023, 08:50:40 pm »
Boebert:  "We don't govern in fear.  We govern for the People in principle."
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2023, 08:51:00 pm »
This is absolute stupidity on steroids. Let's say the Gang of 20 get what they want - McCarthy withdraws.

OK, what happens next? Only one thing is reasonably possible: Hakeem Jeffries becomes the Speaker of the House.

Why? Because there is no one else among House Republicans who will get more than the Democrats' 212 votes. They will divide their votes among various candidates, because the chance of them agreeing on any one person in lockstep, like the Democrats is nil. None. Nada. Not happening.

Idiots.

It takes 218.  No way 6 Republicans vote for Jeffries.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2023, 08:51:48 pm »
That's a half slice. If McCarthy made the same deal with Rats there would be no objections from the same 200.

Ok, so every single Republican in the House other than those 20 would have no problem if McCarthy handed the Democrats prime committee chairmanships and extra seats.  Great.

Have a Blessed Day!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2023, 08:51:59 pm »
How rich that would be. Make it like pulling hens teeth to give up anything to Conservatives, but just hand over to the Rats and end up worse.

And I think he might be that desperate.

I don't think he can, because that makes the point already in mind - That there ain't much difference between the two...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2023, 08:52:18 pm »
Fact.  McCarthy's in big trouble because he failed to get more R's elected last November.

B-I-N-G-O
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2023, 08:52:49 pm »
"Rep Don Bacon (R-NE): “These 20 Republicans are embarrassing the House, the Republicans, and our country… We also have to be willing to consider working with the Democrats at some point.”  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1611090377687048192

Online Hoodat

« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2023, 08:53:26 pm »
Ok, so every single Republican in the House other than those 20 would have no problem if McCarthy handed the Democrats prime committee chairmanships and extra seats.  Great.

Have a Blessed Day!

If McCarthy is capable of that, then the 21 are definitely in the right.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2023, 08:55:06 pm »
"Rep Don Bacon (R-NE): “These 20 Republicans are embarrassing the House, the Republicans, and our country… We also have to be willing to consider working with the Democrats at some point.”  (Video)

Every Establishment-loving, Democrat-compromising, perk-loving, voter-betraying bitch like this can go straight to hell.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #359 on: January 05, 2023, 08:55:10 pm »
[...] and they've got a "neutral" Speaker.

They've got a 'neutral' speaker in McCarthy already.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2023, 08:55:51 pm »
https://nypost.com/2023/01/03/rep-kevin-mccarthy-says-earned-house-speaker-job/

<snipit>
Rep. Kevin McCarthy told his fellow Republicans “I earned this job” during a heated conference meeting Tuesday morning, just hours before the full chamber was expected to vote on his bid to be speaker of the House.

“I earned this job,” said McCarthy (R-Calif.). “We earned this majority, and God damn it, we are going to win it today.”

However, the GOP leader also admitted that he won’t have the 218 votes likely needed to win on the first ballot, according to CNN, but vowed not to stand down if his initial bid fails.

​“I’m not going to go away,” McCarthy said to his colleagues. “I’m going to stand until the last four friends stand with me.”

I know he said he wasn't going to withdraw.  I'm asking about claim that he "loudly proclaimed"  he'd "go scorched earth" and would "burn this institution down".

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2023, 08:56:12 pm »
7 anti-McCarthy votes already

This goes to a 10th ballot.  Hopefully not today.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2023, 08:56:30 pm »

You don't seem to understand how the false-dilemma logical fallacy works.  It is a favorite rhetorical tool of Democrats and Establishment-loving Republicans.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #363 on: January 05, 2023, 08:56:39 pm »

Have a Blessed Day!

It would be a logical conclusion to the long existing pattern...
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2023, 08:56:53 pm »

These number girls are cracking me up.  :beer:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2023, 08:56:57 pm »
If McCarthy is capable of that, then the 21 are definitely in the right.

To be clear, I'm not the one who made that claim.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2023, 08:57:34 pm »
7 anti-McCarthy votes already

This goes to a 10th ballot.  Hopefully not today.

In the first three days of the new Congress, not a single dime has been added to the federal debt.  Life is good.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2023, 08:58:01 pm »
I know he said he wasn't going to withdraw.  I'm asking about claim that he "loudly proclaimed"  he'd "go scorched earth" and would "burn this institution down".

You don't think waiting down to the last 4 buddies doesn't meet that criteria?

Why not 10...30...100?

You are pretty funny dude.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2023, 08:58:52 pm »
In the first three days of the new Congress, not a single dime has been added to the federal debt.

Wrong.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html?taxpayer

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2023, 09:01:10 pm »
Wrong.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html?taxpayer

WRONG!!!!!

No new additonal incremental debt was added.  That takes legislation ,  and budgetary outlay  release via GAO.....

Offline oldno7

« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2023, 09:03:16 pm »
Every Establishment-loving, Democrat-compromising, perk-loving, voter-betraying bitch like this can go straight to hell.

They're already there, they wouldn't understand Liberty if it came explained to them on a almost 250 year old piece of parchment.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #372 on: January 05, 2023, 09:04:10 pm »
They aren't destroying Conservatism, they're defining it.

:bingo: :beer:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #373 on: January 05, 2023, 09:06:59 pm »
9th vote. Same result.

If you want to be a leader McCarthy, be a damn leader! It's on you to get the votes, not bully and strong arm to get your way because you feel entitled.

Quit bleeding and wailing at those who oppose you. Quit the church bitty sophistry trying to shame your opposition. Find a solution and live with the consequences.

Leadership starts with leading. Crap or get off the pot.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #374 on: January 05, 2023, 09:07:21 pm »

Then Gaetz needs to shut his effing mouth.  There is fury building among the 200 Republicans being held hostage.  Six, it takes just six.