Author Topic: U.S. Colonel Says Troops Watching Outside Ukraine 'Ready if the Call Comes  (Read 723 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Colonel Says Troops Watching Outside Ukraine 'Ready if the Call Comes
BY FATMA KHALED ON 12/22/22 AT 11:34 AM EST

American troops in the 101st Airborne Division positioned near Ukraine are prepared to respond if the war with Russia reaches allied territory, U.S. Army Colonel Ed Matthaidess recently said.

The troops are positioned in a way that allows their artillery to be within easy range of Ukraine. The proximity also allows members of the division to gather intelligence and monitor fighters around the Black Sea, according to Stars and Stripes, a U.S. military news organization.

Matthaidess said on Monday that troops are "ready if the call comes."

"We are ready for whatever comes our way, and I'm very confident that we will accomplish any mission that's given to us," Major General Joseph P. "J.P." McGee, 101st Airborne Division commander, said recently during an interview at the Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base headquarters in Romania, according to Stars and Stripes.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-colonel-says-troops-watching-outside-ukraine-ready-if-call-comes-1769123
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S. Colonel Says Troops Watching Outside Ukraine 'Ready if the Call Comes
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 12:42:53 pm »
Russia extends twelve time zones, and the US has A UNIT ready to pounce.  Am I supposed to be impressed by that? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 01:12:35 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 02:23:17 pm »
What a Dumbass.

How a dipshit of this proportion could reach Full Bird, sadly is a pretty accuate commentary of the quality of upper managment these days.

Lord help us. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 02:30:53 pm »
Russia extends twelve time zones, and the US has A UNIT ready to pounce.  Am I supposed to be impressed by that? :shrug:

You underestimate The Power of Diversity Inclusion and Equity!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 03:56:58 pm »
Maybe we should send a unit of transgenders to Ukraine. The Putinists will be shaking in their boots.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 05:09:43 pm »
Maybe we should send a unit of transgenders to Ukraine. The Putinists will be shaking in their boots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-2jLLMdEBw
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 05:12:30 pm by GtHawk »

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 05:56:20 pm »

You forgot proper pronoun usage! *****rollingeyes*****
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2022, 11:13:46 pm »
American troops in the 101st Airborne Division positioned near Ukraine are prepared to respond if the war with Russia reaches allied territory, U.S. Army Colonel Ed Matthaidess recently said.

How the HELL did that dingbat make Colonel?

I am HOPING he will be looking for a new job as a Civilian by the end of the week.

What a bleeping retard!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 02:59:02 am »
Nice operational security asshat. Samuel Morse couldn't have telegraphed that any better. Our nation's leadership has become such a bunch of catty little mean girl cheerleaders that we think we can just bully, bait and bravado and our enemies will just cower down in tears.

If we haven't learned from history to not screw with Russia unless you absolutely have to, then hard lessons will be learned again. Proxy wars are one thing, going head-to-head and enflaming all of Russia into a war of resistance might result in a whole bunch of ugly if they lash out in blind anger and go scorched earth.

The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2022, 12:28:23 pm »
Nice operational security asshat. Samuel Morse couldn't have telegraphed that any better. Our nation's leadership has become such a bunch of catty little mean girl cheerleaders that we think we can just bully, bait and bravado and our enemies will just cower down in tears.

If we haven't learned from history to not screw with Russia unless you absolutely have to, then hard lessons will be learned again. Proxy wars are one thing, going head-to-head and enflaming all of Russia into a war of resistance might result in a whole bunch of ugly if they lash out in blind anger and go scorched earth.

@Free Vulcan

You ain't just a-woofing! Going up agains the corrupt neo-Soviet leadership is one thing. Hell,it is probably THE most popular activity of the typical Russian citizen. You should hear the jokes they tell to trusted family members and friends.

Going up against "Holy Mother Russia" is a VERY different thing,and one of the worse mistakes you can make. You will unite the people with the party,and be facing a VERY different enemy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!