Author Topic: How An F-22 Stealth Fighter Flew Under an Iranian F-4 Phantom (Undetected)  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How An F-22 Stealth Fighter Flew Under an Iranian F-4 Phantom (Undetected)
Story by Eli Fuhrman • Yesterday 6:32 PM

Drones are becoming an increasingly prominent part of modern military inventories, and are now used for both reconnaissance and strike missions. 

In eos 2019, for example, Iran shot down a U.S. surveillance drone that it claimed had flown into Iranian airspace.

That, however, was far from the first time that a U.S. drone had come under threat by Iran, and in 2013 Iranian fighter jets attempted to intercept a U.S. Air Force drone only to be surprised and turned away by a pair of F-22 Raptors.

That incident was itself a follow-up to a similar event that had taken place a year earlier. In 2012, a United States Air Force MQ-1 Predator unmanned aerial vehicle was dispatched for a routine surveillance flight in international airspace.

While operating roughly 16 miles from the border with Iran, the Predator drone was intercepted by a pair of Iranian Air Force warplanes, which subsequently opened fire on the drone using their onboard cannons. The aircraft involved were Russian-made SU-25 Frogfoots, which are primarily operated as ground attack aircraft and as such are not well suited to engaging targets in the air – although even for such aircraft a slow-moving drone should have been a relatively easy target.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/how-an-f-22-stealth-fighter-flew-under-an-iranian-f-4-phantom-undetected/ar-AA15ISVN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7bebaa5ab7064875965ba161a5173cf6
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 12:37:24 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson