Author Topic: Informed Americans Back Border Security. No Wonder the Media Isn’t Doing Their Job  (Read 235 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Informed Americans Back Border Security. No Wonder the Media Isn’t Doing Their Job
December 23, 2022

polling data shows majority of Americans want border security

Michael Capuano
Researcher/Staff Writer
The results of the December 2022 Harvard-Harris Poll on immigration, in which participants were informed about the actual number of people crossing our borders illegally, present an interesting dilemma. A full two-thirds of Americans believe the Biden administration’s executive orders actively encourage illegal immigration, and even more agree that people crossing the border illegally should be returned to Mexico. A whopping 79 percent think Title 42 should remain in place, the last remaining policy that allows overwhelmed border security agencies to remove at least some people who enter the country illegally.

The results quite clearly show that the American people are aware that the border crisis exists, is caused by bad policy, and deserves action. Despite their support for stricter controls, relatively few are aware of exactly how desperate the situation is. The polling shows 75 percent wrongly believe the annual number of illegal entries is under 1 million, well below the actual figure of at least 3 million. After being informed of the true number of illegal entries every year, a 67 percent supermajority of these voters want new, stricter border controls to stop this invasion.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2022/12/23/informed-americans-back-border-security-no-wonder-media-isnt-doing-their-job
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 06:25:06 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

It doesn’t matter what the majority want. That majority is being replaced.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy