Author Topic: 'Real’ Meat Grown In Steel Vats Served At UN Climate Conference  (Read 373 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Real’ Meat Grown In Steel Vats Served At UN Climate Conference

People queue at food stands with vegan options at the COP27 climate summit, in Sharm el-Sheikh

JACK MCEVOY
ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT REPORTER
November 17, 2022

Individuals attending the United Nations COP27 climate conference who want to eat a climate-friendly diet can consume meat that is grown in steel vats.

Media and ministerial officials at Egypt’s climate summit were served “cultivated chicken” at private events from Nov. 12 to Nov. 14, according to cultivated meat manufacturer GOOD Meat’s press release. “Cultivated chicken” is artificially produced by harvesting chicken cells from the animal that are then put into a large steel “cultivator” which provides energy and warmth to help grow the product, according to GOOD Meat’s website. (RELATED: House Democrats Pressure Biden Admin To Embrace Climate Reparations)

“Lab-grown meat may be an even more disgusting alternative than insects as it requires the stem cell extraction of animals, along with fetal animal blood and then letting it fester in a lab while an amorphous blob grows the ‘meat,'” Marc Morano, publisher of Climate Depot and former senior staffer on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/17/real-meat-grown-steel-vats-un-climate-conference/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 'Real’ Meat Grown In Steel Vats Served At UN Climate Conference
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 01:00:55 pm »
Grown in steel vats? :wtf:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 01:07:15 pm »
Townies.  ***suicide*** *****rollingeyes***** :shrug:
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 02:35:29 pm »
It may have been served to the UN elites, but I doubt any of them ate that basura.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 02:36:56 pm »
It may have been served to the UN elites, but I doubt any of them ate that basura.

I have no doubt that they did eat it, because at that level of elitism, it becomes common practice to eat strange, bizarre things as a virtue signal for how rarified, exotic, and special one is.  Eventually, Long Pig becomes the final dish du jour.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 07:32:30 pm »
Sorry but I will only consider meat from real farms growing real animals or from real animals hunted in the wild real, not something from some sort of tank farm.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 07:38:52 pm »
Maybe we should stop referring to things that are not meat as "meat." Call it veggie melange or vomit lookalike, but do not use the word MEAT.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online berdie

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 08:09:33 pm »
If the powers that be want to grow meat in a toilet and feed it to the "elites"...that's fine with me.

As long as they leave real meat alone for us peons. :laugh: