Author Topic: Bloomberg: Companies Greenwashing Their Image Using “Bogus” Carbon Credits  (Read 174 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bloomberg: Companies Greenwashing Their Image Using “Bogus” Carbon Credits

10 hours ago Eric Worrall 19 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Carbon credits – the only “market” where false claims benefit both parties in the transaction.

Junk Carbon Offsets Are What Make
These Big Companies ‘Carbon Neutral’

Dozens of the biggest global companies — from banks to industrial heavyweights — have made bold climate claims justified by cheap renewable-energy offsets that don’t counteract global warming

By Akshat Rathi, Natasha White and Demetrios PogkasGreen
21 November 2022

For more than a decade, Credit Suisse Group AG has claimed to be “carbon neutral” in its operations. Every gleaming office tower, every flight by an executive — all the emissions generated directly by a global banking giant are supposedly counterbalanced. A closer look at the Swiss bank’s sustainability reports tells a different story: its sweeping claim is based on purchases of low-quality carbon offsets that experts rate as useless.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/21/bloomberg-companies-using-bogus-carbon-credits-to-look-green/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline The_Reader_David

And paying their C-suite managers fat bonuses with money that really belongs to the shareholders for attaining "carbon neutrality" targets.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

Who didn't see this coming?