Author Topic: Majority of Hispanic Voters Want Government to Do More to Enforce Immigration Laws, Exit Poll Finds  (Read 303 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Majority of Hispanic Voters Want Government to Do More to Enforce Immigration Laws, Exit Poll Finds

House Republican Study Committee Unanimously Elects New Chairman
LAWNEWS
Majority of Hispanic Voters Want Government to Do More to Enforce Immigration Laws, Exit Poll Finds
Virginia Allen / @Virginia_Allen5 / November 17, 2022

According to new exit polling, 57% of Hispanic voters think the government is doing too little to “reduce illegal border crossings and visitor overstays.” (Photo: Brandon Bell/Getty Images)

Hispanic voters say the U.S. government should do more to enforce immigration laws, according to new polling data. 

An exit poll conducted by Rasmussen Reports and NumbersUSA found that more than half of Hispanics who voted in the 2022 midterm elections agree that the government isn’t doing enough to reduce illegal immigration.

The survey asked Hispanic voters if the government is doing “too much” or “too little” to “reduce illegal border crossings and visitor overstays.” Among the 515 respondents, 57% said “too little,” while just 16% said “too much,” 17% said “about right,” and 11% said they weren’t sure. 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11/17/majority-of-hispanic-voters-want-government-to-do-more-to-enforce-immigration-laws-exit-poll-finds/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is a good example of why Hispanics should not be allowed to vote.  Where do they get the silly notion the government is supposed to be responsive to the will of the people?  It hasn't been that way for decades.  When the government thinks they need something they will tell them what they need and expect them to get it.  Boy, will they howl when they are told they have to buy EVs. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Reality is the GOP is going to have to embrace Hispanics, particularly if Schmucky Chucky rams amnesty thru. Sometimes you have to turn into the storm.

We need to remake the party along the lines of basic governance/cultural issues, like crime, inflation, energy infrastructure, anti-pedophile/grooming, education, election reform, so on and so forth that reach across a large spectrum, then lock arms and go forth together.
The Republic is lost.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We need to remake the party along the lines of basic governance/cultural issues, like crime, inflation, energy infrastructure, anti-pedophile/grooming, education, election reform, so on and so forth that reach across a large spectrum, then lock arms and go forth together.

As soon as republicans own the House, the democrats and media will blame them for all that. :nono:
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Reality is the GOP is going to have to embrace Hispanics, particularly if Schmucky Chucky rams amnesty thru. Sometimes you have to turn into the storm.

:thumbsup:

Offline BellyAche

Many Hispanic communities tend toward conservative values, reflecting to some extent their own origins as there are many communities in Latin America that are traditional in outlook. It's a matter of framing the conversation in the right way so that they don't fall into the "hand me down" trap.  Mind you I'm probably expressing a socio-economic view since the poor of the poor of Latin America do expect government to do for them since they were in the margins in their countries of origin. These tend to be the folks running the borders and wandering the streets of NYC for work. Some of the more established Hispanics are pushing against this very thing and would be a boom for Republican politics.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Kamaji

Many Hispanic communities tend toward conservative values, reflecting to some extent their own origins as there are many communities in Latin America that are traditional in outlook. It's a matter of framing the conversation in the right way so that they don't fall into the "hand me down" trap.  Mind you I'm probably expressing a socio-economic view since the poor of the poor of Latin America do expect government to do for them since they were in the margins in their countries of origin. These tend to be the folks running the borders and wandering the streets of NYC for work. Some of the more established Hispanics are pushing against this very thing and would be a boom for Republican politics.

:thumbsup: