Author Topic: Toe-tag art honors over 4,000 migrants who died crossing border into Arizona  (Read 172 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Toe-tag art honors over 4,000 migrants who died crossing border into Arizona

Hostile Terrain 94 is a wall map composed of toe tags placed where every migrant perished in the Sonoran desert

The art installation named Hostile Terrain 94, is a participatory exhibition composed of handwritten toe tags that represent migrants who have died in the Arizona Desert between the mid 1990’s and 2019.
By: KGUN 9 On Your SidePosted at 9:50 AM, Nov 18, 2022 and last updated 11:50 AM, Nov 18, 2022

Hostile Terrain 94 is an art installation hosted at Galeria Mitotera for the month of November honoring and remembering the more than 4,000 migrants who have died while crossing the Arizona-Sonora border.

Community members in Tucson were invited to contribute to the wall map featuring geolocated toe-tags placed at the location where every migrant died attempting to cross the Arizona-Sonora desert from the mid 1990's to 2019.

Tucson community members come together to contribute to Toe-Tag Art honoring migrants who perished

Tucson community members come together to contribute to Hostile Terrain 94, toe-tag art honoring migrants who perished.
This is the first time Hostile Terrain 94 has been exhibited in Tucson.

https://www.kgun9.com/events/toe-tag-art-honors-over-4-000-migrants-who-died-crossing-border-into-arizona
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson