Author Topic: Trump's Achilles' heel? [COVID-19 Lockdown--15 Days to Flatten the Curve]  (Read 5386 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump's Achilles' heel? [COVID-19 Lockdown--15 Days to Flatten the Curve]
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2022, 10:34:42 pm »
Really?  In Texas I walked right into Tractor Supply and purchased Ivermectin.  My Dr. recommended it.

Your doctor recommended it because he knew that if he wrote you a script for it, no pharmacist would have filled it.  And the reason no pharmacist would fill it is because they would have lost out on bigtime federal money if they did.

The fact that you had to purchase animal grade ivermectin instead of having the people version available to you proves my point.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2022, 11:33:00 pm »
Really?  In Texas I walked right into Tractor Supply and purchased Ivermectin.  My Dr. recommended it.
In most places your doctor would not have. Here, they would not.
Doctors attempting to prescribe Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquine were on someone's sh*t list.
My mother had been taking Hydroxychloroquine for years for RA, (how I knew something was wrong with the narrative being pushed) but instead of getting her standard 90 day refill, could barely get 30 day scrips.
That unavailability, even for known and well established off label uses was no accident.

Doctors who recommended/ prescribed HCQ of IVM were under attack, and many simply would not even discuss it, rather than lose their admitting privileges at hospitals.

That indicates a coordinated effort within the medical community to 'ban' these drugs and, in doing so, the regimens which used them. Had enough people been able to officially obtain the HCQ/Azithromycin/Zinc or IVM/doxycycline/zinc regimens on demand, there would have been a recorded database of people who had been successfully treated, no PANIC, no lockdowns, school would have continued for kids, millions would have kept their jobs, etc., (and the dems would have had a harder time stealing elections in 2020).

Even more reason, however, there would have been no panic, something Trump was trying to alleviate, but others in the media, political, and medical community were promoting as hard as they could. Because the push was for vaccines from the top of the Medical Establishment (CDC, NIAID, WHO, FDA) the efficacy of such treatments could not become a matter of record. The seriously bad (two retracted from major medical journals would flunk middle school science fair bad) studies purporting to show the HCQ and IVM protocols as ineffective or harmful were waved about as if they were valid assessments of the protocols in early onset COVID, and the push for the jabs was on.

Interestingly, as one not bashful about using veterinary antibiotics, the prime source for fish antibiotics (Thomas Laboratories) which came in the same dosages and identical capsules as human antibiotics, stopped producing common antibiotics for pets. From simple penicillin to Cipro, Clindamycin, Keflex, azithromycin, doxycycline, and others, the supply of antibiotics which would work just fine in humans but did not require a physician's prescription because they were for pets, simply dried up. Done, gone, out of stock.

So the difficulty in taking what the Medical Establishment claimed didn't work (just look at the deeply flawed studies--or better yet, to preserve the narrative, read the summary and not the actual study) went up a notch.

I, too, obtained ivermectin at Tractor Supply, (face it, horses were/are worth more in the leftist mindset than humans), did the math on the per pound dosage in a tube of it, and figured the by unit weight dosage for horses is the same as for humans (0.2 mg/kg). I took it when I had COVID, was well inside a week. I went to the walk-in clinic for lung crud, was prescribed doxycycline, was tested, went home and took IVM/Doxy/Zn, with D3 and Vitamin C supplements too, and got well. Test results came in 5 days later, about two days before I considered myself well enough to return to normal activities.
The Doxycycline was the hardest part to get (when before it would have been easy).

« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 11:53:25 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2022, 04:05:15 am »
Well the fact of the matter is he got blamed for the deaths anyway. He didn't escape blame by following the bureaucrats taking the safe route.

The bottom line of this argument is no one in government is accountable. That the executive doesn't lead the executive branch. That these executive agencies have no superiors.

I think Trump trusted the establishment way more than he should have, and I would bet he would agree in retrospect.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2022, 05:19:18 am »
You were right then and are still right today @massadvj

@Bigun

Nice of you to notice, Earl. BTW I am back in Texas for the winter. You might have noticed I brought the weather with me.

Online LMAO

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2022, 12:38:44 pm »
@Bigun

Nice of you to notice, Earl. BTW I am back in Texas for the winter. You might have noticed I brought the weather with me.

I am currently in Texas and it’s cold, windy, and rainy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2022, 01:08:32 pm »
I don't really blame Trump for the initial lockdowns.  No president could have resisted the CDC and MSM at that point. They would have led every program with "Trump killed another X-thousand people today...."  I said this in an article I wrote for American Thinker at the time.  It is amazing how well this article has stood the test of time, even if I say so myself.

@massadvj

Please post the link to the article you've written on the implications of the handling of the pandemic since Jan 20, 2021  --- would love to read it.

Thanks.

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2022, 01:17:43 pm »
@art.prout

Please, reconsider.      :crossed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2022, 01:19:59 pm »
I know we haven't had an Ivermectin discussion in quite a while, but after our English Bulldog died (not the recent one, but 10 years ago), i found that Ivermectin has a very strong correlation to seizures, especially with certain breeds. 

This even after very carefully administering the dosage as guided by our Veterinarian.  As much as I now don't trust the COVID Vax (I've had the first two rounds plus a booster) I sure don't want to take something that has even less study with human subjects.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2022, 02:34:10 pm »
@massadvj

Please post the link to the article you've written on the implications of the handling of the pandemic since Jan 20, 2021  --- would love to read it.

Thanks.

@Right_in_Virginia  The ink was right there below my original post. Here it is.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/04/covid19_the_security_implications.html

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2022, 02:42:24 pm »

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/04/covid19_the_security_implications.html

@massadvj
Great write up... The other part that is not being discuss is how vulnerable the US was for 2 years to an military attack which worries me more than the virus.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2022, 02:45:03 pm »
@massadvj
Great write up... The other part that is not being discuss is how vulnerable the US was for 2 years to an military attack which worries me more than the virus.

There are many things brought about by the COVID hoax that should worry any right thinking person more than the virus @EdinVA
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2022, 08:59:02 pm »
@massadvj

The attack has already begun.  The first battles are in Ukraine, under proxy.

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2022, 09:04:25 pm »

I read this @massadvj    -----  and thought it was quite well done.    But this was written on Apr 7, 2020, and I'm wondering if you've written a sequel (so to speak) on the implications of the "management" of the pandemic since Jan 20, 2021.  I'd like to read your thoughts on this, too.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 09:05:34 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2022, 09:16:32 pm »
The attack has already begun.  The first battles are in Ukraine, under proxy.

IMHO the attack began October/November 2019 and is ongoing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2022, 06:55:09 pm »
I read this @massadvj    -----  and thought it was quite well done.    But this was written on Apr 7, 2020, and I'm wondering if you've written a sequel (so to speak) on the implications of the "management" of the pandemic since Jan 20, 2021.  I'd like to read your thoughts on this, too.

Thanks.

Resending ICYMI @massadvj   ---if you could let me know, I'd appreciate it (I'd really like to stop checking this thread   :laugh: )

Thanks.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2022, 11:27:56 pm »
Resending ICYMI @massadvj   ---if you could let me know, I'd appreciate it (I'd really like to stop checking this thread   :laugh: )

Thanks.

@Right_in_Virginia

I saw it. Sorry I did not respond.  I have not written a sequel. Maybe you should write one.  :beer:

Online libertybele

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2022, 11:34:46 pm »
Uh, that's not entirely accurate...

"Woodrow Wilson Got the Flu in a Pandemic During the World War I Peace Talks"

https://www.history.com/news/woodrow-wilson-1918-pandemic-world-war-i

Past Pandemics

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/basics/past-pandemics.html

The Worst Outbreaks in U.S. History

https://www.healthline.com/health/worst-disease-outbreaks-history

Apples to oranges in my opinion.  People were not advised to go under lockdown. Huge difference. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 11:35:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2022, 11:41:22 pm »
Apples to oranges in my opinion.  People were not advised to go under lockdown. Huge difference.

Yes. that is the difference - And the lockdown was the slip of tyranny showing...

Online libertybele

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2022, 11:54:12 pm »
To: the Administrators of this forum

If you allow a complete piece of garbage troll like this "timber rattler" to post her/(maybe his)/(most likely 'it') neocon warmongering garbage here, then kindly delete my account.  Thanks for the opportunity to participate, but I can no longer be here in good conscience if a filthy piece of trash is given a forum for expression here.

@art.prout I hope that you will reconsider.  Obviously all kinds of personalities and posters make up this forum and we engage in back and forth conversations and debates. Yes, sometimes things can get a little heated and the moderators and administrators do step in. Posters are given freedom of expression which I believe is needed in a debate forum such as this one. This keeps the forum interesting and lots of information is posted. 

There are those that post offensive jabs and off the cuff information and that is where the "ignore" button comes in very handy. It does seem that with time these type of posters eventually find the door and leave on their own.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 11:55:10 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2022, 12:39:01 am »
I know we haven't had an Ivermectin discussion in quite a while, but after our English Bulldog died (not the recent one, but 10 years ago), i found that Ivermectin has a very strong correlation to seizures, especially with certain breeds. 

This even after very carefully administering the dosage as guided by our Veterinarian.  As much as I now don't trust the COVID Vax (I've had the first two rounds plus a booster) I sure don't want to take something that has even less study with human subjects.
https://www.thesprucepets.com/is-ivermectin-safe-dogs-and-cats-3384698

Oddly enough, several medical journal articles I could have linked concerning Ivermectin use in humans over the last 25 years are now unavailable. Imagine that.

Abstracts remain available, but finding full text is a challenge.

Here is one which concentrates on the anti-parasitic properties, which Ivermectin, chloroquine, and hydroxychloroquine were developed to provide.
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/pjab/87/2/87_2_13/_pdf/-char/en
It also turns out that all three are powerful ionophores, which is where Ivermectin use comes in with COVID, to get Zinc ions into cells affected by the virus, where Zinc was known to interrupt the reproduction of SARS since 2005. Turns out that works with SARS-Cov-2, also.

I researched the normal clinical dose of Ivermectin in humans at the Mayo Clinic website.
It is weight based, as in 0.2 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. It turns out, doing the math, that the dosage of the 1.87% Ivermectin "horse paste" works out to the same per unit of body weight as the dosage for humans.

Some breeds of dogs are sensitive to and subject to harmful effects from Ivermectin, and as such the use of Ivermectin for those breeds may be contraindicated. English Bulldogs are one of those breeds, and I have seen several accounts from owners that would have me very cautious about giving Ivermectin to dogs of that breed.

However, I have taken Ivermectin (the 'horse paste'--because I could get it), and it is not the first time I have used veterinary antibiotics, myself. Not only did I have no ill effects, but I firmly believe, that in conjunction with Zinc supplementation and the doxycycline the doctor would prescribe, that contributed to me being well just shortly after I got the test results back. At ten days (from symptom onset) I tested clear of the virus.

Keep in mind, that having a relative who had taken hydroxychloroquine for seven years to great benefit for Rheumatoid Arthritis already had me skeptical of the Mainstream Media attack on possible treatments for COVID, that I had seem Zelenko's You Tube which explained (very well) the strategy behind the use of Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc in the treatment, and that I had researched the efficacy of Zinc in combating SARS-in vitro and in vivo-which verified Zelenko's claim that the use of HCQ as an ionophore (also documented elsewhere) to get Zinc into type one pneumocytes and epithelial airway cells would stymie the progress of the disease and effectively give the body the time it needed to form antibodies and fight it off.

The ionophore effects of Ivermectin are similar to the use of Hydroxychloroquine, the doxycycline replaces another macrolide antibiotic (Azithromycin, which, idiopathically, suppress immune function just enough to prevent a cytokine storm and prevents opportunistic bacterial infection), and the zinc, the essential ion which disrupts the replication of the virus. There are other ionophores as well, among them Quercetin and Epigallocatechin-gallate. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/jf5014633

I read the 'studies' which purported to prove that HCQ was ineffective, but those studies all failed to administer Zinc supplementation, most failed to include the Macrolide Antibiotic, and all were administered in the late stages of the disease. Hardly a way to 'prove' that the use of a treatment protocol designed to stop the disease in its early stages is ineffective. Preventing viral replication is somewhat moot after the virus has had ample time to replicate and spread throughout the body, and the damage is done.
Every study thus presented was deeply flawed, and not indicative of a lack of efficacy as an early onset treatment as so often claimed in the Media.

We know now that there existed political, economic, and possibly other motives for decrying these treatment regimens as ineffective, and one study (conducted in Brazil) actually dispensed lethal doses of Chloroquine to participants, and the Media claimed the study had been stopped because patients were dying from the Chloroquine, but failed to explain that 4 times the LD50 (lethal dose for 50% of recipients) of chloroquine had been administered. Chloroquine was conflated in the media with Hydroxychloroquine (two related, but different drugs), and the concept that both were deadly pushed, while Remdesivir, a drug with reported adverse effects of kidney and liver failure was advocated by the CDC and Medical Establishment.

I think it is worth noting that the entire regimen of HCQ/Azithromycin/Zinc or IVM/doxycycline/Zinc should have cost less than $20/course (not dose, course), whereas Remdesivir, administered iv in a clinical setting was some $3000, and we're still finding out the cost of the "safe and effective" mRNA injections.
If, as noted, you have had the shots and have had no ill effects, I'm glad. Unfortunately, that has not been the case for many--enough to especially question the wisdom of administering those injections as a childhood 'vaccine'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2022, 12:41:16 am »
Your doctor recommended it because he knew that if he wrote you a script for it, no pharmacist would have filled it.  And the reason no pharmacist would fill it is because they would have lost out on bigtime federal money if they did.

The fact that you had to purchase animal grade ivermectin instead of having the people version available to you proves my point.

:thumbsup:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2022, 12:42:26 am »

Ivermectin has had plenty of use in human beings.  It is a standard anti-parasitic that is administered annually to millions of people in Africa. 

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2022, 02:40:52 am »

Uh, yes they were...ordered in fact, under threat of prosecution.

'A breaking point': Anti-lockdown efforts during Spanish flu offer a cautionary tale for coronavirus

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/breaking-point-anti-lockdown-efforts-during-spanish-flu-offer-cautionary-n1202111
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2022, 02:45:03 am »
@art.proutIt does seem that with time these type of posters eventually find the door and leave on their own.

Wel, I'm not going any where, especially since I was invited back.  Make of that what you will.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online libertybele

« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2022, 02:51:28 am »
Wel, I'm not going any where, especially since I was invited back.  Make of that what you will.

Good, I am glad that you aren't going anywhere, and if it came across that I was insinuating that you leave, then I apologize.

You'll eventually get to know me, and I will eventually get to know you.