Author Topic: Trump's Achilles' heel? [COVID-19 Lockdown--15 Days to Flatten the Curve]  (Read 5281 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Trump's Achilles' heel? [COVID-19 Lockdown--15 Days to Flatten the Curve]
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2022, 04:39:54 pm »
Oh come on.....   Noone knew what to do.  There were thousands of people dying horrible deaths and everyone was scared to death.  In hindsight of course there were some horrendous mistakes.  I took both shots trying to protect my 90+ year old mom from dying alone in the hospital.  In hindsight I wouldn't have taken either.

I knew it was bullcrap from the get-go. And so did Tumpy. When he was healed of it by hydroxychloroquine... He KNEW it was bullcrap to outlaw those antivirals that worked on him. But he folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair. They hacked him in the press and he shut right up and started pimping for the lockdown and the jab.

And the antivirals, that predictably could have saved millions for pennies, remained outlawed. While that jab will wind up killing and maiming many, on top of being ineffective and dooming many to death.

Online LMAO

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2022, 04:45:57 pm »
I sure hope so.

I think the Trump in 2024 is going to fizzle out

You don’t see the Democrats clamoring for another Hillary round
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2022, 05:03:04 pm »
Oh come on.....   Noone knew what to do.  There were thousands of people dying horrible deaths and everyone was scared to death.  In hindsight of course there were some horrendous mistakes.  I took both shots trying to protect my 90+ year old mom from dying alone in the hospital.  In hindsight I wouldn't have taken either.

Not knowing what to do and doing things that had no actual science to support them just to do something are two very different things.

The only potentially justifiable rule to shut an area down - to slow the spread - was if the medical community in that area was completely overwhelmed. And that should have been determined on a local basis. Everyone was going to get it sooner or later. The idea that you could hide from it indefinitely was total crap and should have never been peddled.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2022, 05:09:24 pm »
You don’t see the Democrats clamoring for another Hillary round

By this time next year, you will see the press giving Trump non-stop free publicity on his election campaign just as they did back in 2015-2016.  The Dems want Trump to be the nominee.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2022, 05:27:41 pm »
From my view point, Trump is not the issue.  No matter who the top dog is in the GOP is going to get the same treatment.
The lies, hysteria, allegations, investigations from the media, dems and the fed gov..... the whole magilla so if Trump falls by the wayside (for whatever reason), the lions will just move their operation to the next target so just don't pick a lamb...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2022, 05:30:46 pm »
From my view point, Trump is not the issue.  No matter who the top dog is in the GOP is going to get the same treatment.

That's why we need someone in office who doesn't give a damn what the enemy thinks.  Someone who will place tight restrictions on what each department can spend.  Someone who isn't afraid to have leftover money sitting in the Treasury at the end of the year.  Someone who knows the meaning of "You're fired!" and isn't afraid to say it.

Trump could have been that guy.  But he chose otherwise.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2022, 05:36:59 pm »
I knew it was bullcrap from the get-go. And so did Tumpy. When he was healed of it by hydroxychloroquine... He KNEW it was bullcrap to outlaw those antivirals that worked on him. But he folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair. They hacked him in the press and he shut right up and started pimping for the lockdown and the jab.

And the antivirals, that predictably could have saved millions for pennies, remained outlawed. While that jab will wind up killing and maiming many, on top of being ineffective and dooming many to death.

Yes eventually Trump figured out that what he was being fed was a bunch of bull.  Fauci, the CDC, FDA and the WHO, IMHO are the ones who shut Trump down.  He tried on several occasions to combat what they were selling.  Facui and others along with the MSM forced his hand.

Trump left the lockdowns up to the states and he rapidly implemented all the guidelines (masks,equipment, etc.) that he was told was needed.

Sorry, but I blame Fauci and Biden and CHINA.  We cannot forget their involvement.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2022, 05:46:56 pm »
Bingo.

Also consider the 'vaccine' [sic].  Trump wanted to be the guy who saved the world against Covid.  And he widely took credit for the development of the jab.  But now that the jab has proven to be a massively expensive failure (and a boon to all those politicians and bureaucrats holding Pfizer stock), you never hear him bring that up.  You can't have it both ways.
Trump taps Pence to head up coronavirus outbreak response
Updated on: February 27, 2020 / 10:45 AM / CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-trump-pence-outbreak-epidemic-press-conference/
Pence, As Coronavirus Task Force Head, Aims To Show He Can Manage A Crisis

April 28, 20205:01 AM ET

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/28/846919781/pence-as-coronavirus-task-force-head-aims-to-show-he-can-manage-a-crisis
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2022, 05:52:00 pm »
Yes eventually Trump figured out that what he was being fed was a bunch of bull.  Fauci, the CDC, FDA and the WHO, IMHO are the ones who shut Trump down.  He tried on several occasions to combat what they were selling.  Facui and others along with the MSM forced his hand.

Trump left the lockdowns up to the states and he rapidly implemented all the guidelines (masks,equipment, etc.) that he was told was needed.

Sorry, but I blame Fauci and Biden and CHINA.  We cannot forget their involvement.
Agreed. Fauci knew the real origins of the lab created bug, he'd financed it. That he and certain Democrats maintained crisis (by vilifying treatments), promoted panic, and pushed mRNA shots, puts the onus back on the CDC NIAID, FDA, and the WHO along with the Chinese.
Coomo said he needed ventilators, Trump got them  made (even though Cuomo didn't really need them) along with field hospitals and hospital ships on both coasts. While Trump was moving mountains, the directions for what was needed and where were provided by the "experts".  and then....
Trump taps Pence to head up coronavirus outbreak response

By Kathryn Watson

Updated on: February 27, 2020 / 10:45 AM / CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-trump-pence-outbreak-epidemic-press-conference/

Let's give credit where it is really due.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2022, 05:58:59 pm »

When you're right you're right and on this you most certainly are @roamer_1

And BTW: Some here were blowing the whistle on the COVID hoax hard and loud from day one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2022, 06:14:30 pm »

Agree.

Trump followed the Constitution giving the decision making to the states ---- all of it, including masks and distancing guidelines.  Many states pushed all or part of the decision making to local municipalities.

Trump and his administration worked with state governments on the acquisition of medical PPEs and medical treatment equipment ----  and formed government and private sector business partnerships to speed production and distribution.

Trump never made any CDC/FDA/WHO recommendation mandatory --- not lockdowns, not private use PPEs, not social guidelines, not vaccines.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 06:15:59 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2022, 06:45:22 pm »
I knew it was bullcrap from the get-go. And so did Tumpy. When he was healed of it by hydroxychloroquine... He KNEW it was bullcrap to outlaw those antivirals ....

The battle for oversight of FDA approval powers has been a long, ongoing one; and the FDA continues to win --

Cruz Calls for Major Overhaul of FDA
Regulatory News, Dec 11, 2015

Republican presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (TX) and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) on Friday introduced a bill that would completely overhaul the way the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) operates.

More specifically, the “Reciprocity Ensures Streamlined Use of Lifesaving Treatments Act (S. 2388), or the RESULT Act,” would:

*  allow for reciprocal approval of drugs, devices and biologics from foreign sponsors in EU member countries, Israel, Australia, Canada and Japan

*  require FDA to make a decision on “life-saving” drug and device applications within 30 days

*  allow Congress to override FDA denials of certain applications for life-saving drugs with a majority vote via a joint resolution

“Our legislation will unleash life-saving drugs and devices in the United States, help mitigate critical drug shortages in the US, and put downward pressure on the prices of medical devices and drugs as well,” Cruz said in a statement.

More:  https://www.raps.org/regulatory-focus%E2%84%A2/news-articles/2015/12/cruz-calls-for-major-overhaul-of-fda

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2022, 07:08:31 pm »
Trump never made any CDC/FDA/WHO recommendation mandatory --- not lockdowns, not private use PPEs, not social guidelines, not vaccines.

So the buck doesn't stop with the President?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline art.prout

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2022, 11:16:22 am »

To: the Administrators of this forum

If you allow a complete piece of garbage troll like this "timber rattler" to post her/(maybe his)/(most likely 'it') neocon warmongering garbage here, then kindly delete my account.  Thanks for the opportunity to participate, but I can no longer be here in good conscience if a filthy piece of trash is given a forum for expression here.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2022, 02:49:50 pm »

The PRESIDENT has absolutely no control over ANY of those organizations! But you knew that already didn't you troll?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2022, 03:13:14 pm »

If you allow a complete piece of garbage troll like this "timber rattler" to post her/(maybe his)/(most likely 'it') neocon warmongering garbage here, then kindly delete my account.  Thanks for the opportunity to participate, but I can no longer be here in good conscience if a filthy piece of trash is given a forum for expression here.

Well that didn't take long for such a warm welcome back!   :bighug:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2022, 03:18:58 pm »
The PRESIDENT has absolutely no control over ANY of those organizations! But you knew that already didn't you troll?
But he does...by authorizing the CDC to proceed with those "flatten-the-curve" guidelines on March 29, and then extending them in April, Trump enabled every liberal governor and every would-be state and local dictator to lockdown the country and impose all those awful restrictions we've had to live with and suffer from ever since that day. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2022, 03:41:00 pm »
But he does...by authorizing the CDC to proceed with those "flatten-the-curve" guidelines on March 29, and then extending them in April, Trump enabled every liberal governor and every would-be state and local dictator to lockdown the country and impose all those awful restrictions we've had to live with and suffer from ever since that day.

BOVINE FECAL MATTER! 100%

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2022, 03:46:15 pm »

So, based on your statement, all governors await the presidents directive to do anything, liberal or otherwise?  That means that Biden told DeSantis to send those illegals to Martha's Vineyard?
I think you are twisting reality to feed your hatred of Trump..

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2022, 03:59:10 pm »
So, based on your statement, all governors await the presidents directive to do anything, liberal or otherwise?  That means that Biden told DeSantis to send those illegals to Martha's Vineyard?
I think you are twisting reality to feed your hatred of Trump..

They needed that political cover from CDC, authorized by Trump, to proceed with the lockdowns.  Remember how they ALWAYS cited those CDC "guidelines" to justify every totalitarian action they took beginning on March 29, 2020.  If Trump had not given them that cover through his "15 Days to Flatten the Curve" directive, then things would like have turned out very differently.  But he did.  The buck stops with the President, and he can't pass it back down to the governors.  It doesn't work that way.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2022, 04:15:14 pm »
Didn’t he also go after GOP governors for opening their states “too soon?”

Yes and he trashed Sweden for remaining open.  Many of us were saying the government response was hysterical, but he sided with Fauci until the bitter end.

Online DB

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2022, 04:17:37 pm »

Seriously???

So I guess I'm "a complete piece of garbage troll" too...

Just wow...

Offline Idiot

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2022, 04:25:42 pm »

It's as easy as putting them on "ignore". @art.prout

Offline aligncare

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2022, 04:25:51 pm »
They needed that political cover from CDC, authorized by Trump, to proceed with the lockdowns.  Remember how they ALWAYS cited those CDC "guidelines" to justify every totalitarian action they took beginning on March 29, 2020.  If Trump had not given them that cover through his "15 Days to Flatten the Curve" directive, then things would like have turned out very differently.  But he did.  The buck stops with the President, and he can't pass it back down to the governors.  It doesn't work that way.

States have their own health departments.  It’s they that have the responsibility and obligation to assess their own citizens public health risks. 

Ours is a federal government system, not one of a national government that states must answer to.

Online DB

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2022, 04:33:55 pm »
States have their own health departments.  It’s they that have the responsibility and obligation to assess their own citizens public health risks. 

Ours is a federal government system, not one of a national government that states must answer to.

Here's Trump's press conference where it all started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvbLKgpQlM