Author Topic: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid  (Read 8969 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2022, 04:08:19 pm »

Trump doesn't know that turnout is lower in mid-terms?  DJT what were your high school grades in Civics?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2022, 04:09:53 pm »
That's putting it mildly.

I put 10 chips on politico-suicide.  He's on a roll.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2022, 04:10:31 pm »
DJT’s actions between now and the runoff in Georgia will be… interesting.

As will those of Mr. Chao! AKA Mitch McConnell!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2022, 04:15:10 pm »
DJT’s actions between now and the runoff in Georgia will be… interesting.

As will those of Mr. Chao! AKA Mitch McConnell!

If Trump and McConnell stop running ads in Georgia, then Walker has a chance to win.  The Trump and McConnell ads are horrible.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2022, 04:16:53 pm »
Look, I completely understand the points you're making. But there's some unfair extrapolation going on. Just because the man meets with the future "speaker of the House and the majority leader in the Senate" does not mean he's somehow sold out to them. Likewise for talking with Ryan, who I agree is a weasel. This is simple tactics...shore up support ACROSS the party...but does NOT equate to caving in to everyone he deigns to speak with. On the contrary, he reaches out from a position of strength and that means these folks must come to him and adjust to his positions...not vice versa.

This ongoing division in the party goes to one of President Trump's weaknesses...the inability to unite the factions of the party. To be fair, he first had to defeat and displace in the primaries...to establish the supremacy of the MAGA doctrine and change the direction of the party. Doing that was critical...the key to the party's future...but it comes with the cost of enduring division and I don't think he has the demeanor to heal that divide. I think Desantis has the political skills to bring those elements TO the MAGA movement...I do not believe he is going to them and caving to their wishes...not at all and there's no evidence that this is what is happening. Should such evidence ever emerge, I will no longer support him. I'm guessing he knows must conservatives feel the same way.

Make no mistake, the party must be MAGA focused yet it MUST unite all the elements of the party. Internal division is a big part of what REPEATEDLY causes us to lose national elections...the other factor has been the vapid weakness of the Bush-Ryan wing. Trump defeated that wing...its not coming back into power in the party...everyone, including Desantis understands that fight is over and those folks are not what conservative voters want. Period.

What we need now is a strong leader who advocates for MAGA but who can also not alienate every other element in the party...and let's remember we'll need to make inroads with Independents and suburban voters (we lost independents in this mid-term for the first time in a long time). Winning those elements is less about doctrine than it is about demeanor and tone...and I just don't believe President Trump has the message and personal discipline to NOT alienate those key voters. I think Desantis does...and he will do so while advocating the EXACT same policy positions as President Trump.

Right_in_Virginia...I think Donald Trump has done much to save the country. His charisma and sheer determination have changed the direction of the GOP...for the foreseeable future. But it is not always the soldier who leads the revolution who is best to consolidate its victories and to rule a nation. We'll always owe a debt to the President, but the key question today is "who can beat the Democrats and take back the White House?" Honestly, Desantis and Trump have virtually no differences on policy...so answering that key question revolves around political skill and message discipline. We all have to decide for ourselves which candidate best executes those two traits.

If Trump wins the nomination, I will 100% support and vote for him...heck...I love the guy. But I will vote for Desantis because I think he will win a national election...and have grave doubts that President Trump can.

Best post-election blues, pre-'24 POTUS synopsis yet.   For someone who formed the MAGA movement, I wish one conservative pundit would pin Trump down and ask exactly how Oz and Walker best met those MAGA objectives over alternatives.

Honestly,  DJT is more hell bent that he is helping ass and ring kissers than the whats best for America. That and his mouth has become his undoing.

Online BellyAche

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2022, 04:28:50 pm »
Best post-election blues, pre-'24 POTUS synopsis yet.   For someone who formed the MAGA movement, I wish one conservative pundit would pin Trump down and ask exactly how Oz and Walker best met those MAGA objectives over alternatives.

Honestly,  DJT is more hell bent that he is helping ass and ring kissers than the whats best for America. That and his mouth has become his undoing.

Agreed. For any lasting legacy of MAGA there must be a changing of the guard if necessary. Not having a Trump does not mean the movement will disappear or even weaken. Trump can be problematical in many ways, and as he gets older, his weaknesses are exposed all the more as he's never been one for self-reflection and seems to prefer emotional outbursts.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2022, 04:32:13 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia  I realize that Trump launched DeSantis' career. I thought that perhaps the Trump insults towards DeSantis was orchestrated by the MSM, but there is no doubt that Trump is going after him.  Seriously? The attacks have been unprovoked,,.

DJT did not "launch" RDS's career--- he saved it; making RDS's public support for O'Dey all the more gratuitous and egregious. 

As for the "attacks" which one of today's updated list are you referring to?

We need unity, not division!

If this is your goal, RDS may well be your guy.  He is, after all, a son of the House of McConnell, Ryan & Bush.   

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2022, 04:33:35 pm »
Trump is Trump. He's always been this way, he will always be this way. He will have no come to Jesus moments, no self-reflection, no staring into the ocean, no looking at picture of his father, no talking to yoda's ghost, no smoking peace pipes in a mountain yurta in the himilayas, because that's not his nature and he's far too set in his ways for that. He'll never change. Ever.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2022, 04:41:47 pm »
If this is your goal, RDS may well be your guy.  He is, after all, a son of the House of McConnell, Ryan & Bush.

Normally, I would ask you to provide some links that support your claim.  But we all have learned what a complete waste of time that is. 
Flame on with your unsubstantiated lies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2022, 04:45:37 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I am judging him by his actions.  His actions in FL have been incredible. He opened us up during the pandemic and he was heavily criticized by those in FL, yet he was right.  He is very popular here and yes, absolutely the Joe lovers are very vocal in criticizing him.  They call him a bully because he is standing up against the liberals and the Feds.

They called DeSantis a BULLY!?!      *bouche*     

I admire your coping skills.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2022, 04:48:18 pm »
They called DeSantis a BULLY!?!      *bouche*     

I admire your coping skills.

That's pretty funny coming from a No.1 DJT Fanboy.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2022, 04:51:49 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia where is your proof that DeSantis is working with "these men and their staffs"???

I am judging him by his actions.  His actions in FL have been incredible. He opened us up during the pandemic and he was heavily criticized by those in FL, yet he was right.

If only Trump had done this.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2022, 04:55:31 pm »

Yep. Trump was still bragging about bringing about the "vaccine" at the beginning of this year. Just perhaps a good number of people blame him for it.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2022, 04:56:02 pm »

Trump hired and trusted political enemies like Fauxci and Birx, after bragging he only hires the best   Some again tell us why we should give him a 3rd chance?

Online libertybele

« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2022, 04:58:19 pm »
DJT did not "launch" RDS's career--- he saved it; making RDS's public support for O'Dey all the more gratuitous and egregious. 

As for the "attacks" which one of today's updated list are you referring to?

Again, where is your proof?

If you want to go down that road, we certainly can.  It is well known that before Trump was nominated that he met with McConnell and then stated that he need to be a little more 'establishment'.

If your goal is to start a Trump v. DeSantis debate in here, have at it.

Yes, Trump was one of the greatest presidents in my time., but I'll be darn if I give him a free pass on what he's doing right now.  I've never given Trump a free pass, nor will I give DeSantis a free pass.  No one is perfect. Not Trump. Not DeSantis.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online BellyAche

« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2022, 05:01:12 pm »
Trump is Trump. He's always been this way, he will always be this way. He will have no come to Jesus moments, no self-reflection, no staring into the ocean, no looking at picture of his father, no talking to yoda's ghost, no smoking peace pipes in a mountain yurta in the himilayas, because that's not his nature and he's far too set in his ways for that. He'll never change. Ever.

Love this. So true and correct!!! 

:yowsa:
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2022, 05:02:46 pm »

Time is running out for that Nebuchadnezzar moment.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2022, 05:06:33 pm »
Again, where is your proof?

Good luck with that.  Better grab a Snickers:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2022, 05:07:15 pm »
If your goal is to start a Trump v. DeSantis debate in here, have at it.

Is this not the point of the forum?

Online libertybele

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2022, 05:20:47 pm »
Is this not the point of the forum?

Absolutely this forum is for debate.  I'm reflecting back to the very beginning of the Trump v. Cruz debate.  Things got down right nasty in here and we lost some good Briefers.  I don't want the same thing to happen again; that was my thinking.

Let's just say that Trump has a lot more baggage than DeSantis. Again, Trump was a great president., there is no denying that.  IMHO if Trump continues his mud slinging at DeSantis before DeSantis even announces that he's running, he's going to lose that battle BIGLY.  Ron has impeccable credentials and his success in Florida because of his conservatism and backbone doesn't leave a whole lot of room for debate.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2022, 05:23:02 pm »
Absolutely this forum is for debate.  I'm reflecting back to the very beginning of the Trump v. Cruz debate.  Things got down right nasty in here and we lost some good Briefers.  I don't want the same thing to happen again; that was my thinking.

Let's just say that Trump has a lot more baggage than DeSantis. Again, Trump was a great president., there is no denying that.  IMHO if Trump continues his mud slinging at DeSantis before DeSantis even announces that he's running, he's going to lose that battle BIGLY.  Ron has impeccable credentials and his success in Florida because of his conservatism and backbone doesn't leave a whole lot of room for debate.

Trump had more baggage than Cruz and somehow he won though. Still trying to figure out how that worked. Maybe Trump was the new thing in 2015.

Online libertybele

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2022, 05:25:21 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia certainly a Trump v. DeSantis would ignite like wildfire in here and we might even have some new posters jump on board for one side or the other.

Personally, I like Trump and he did well for the country.  I would like to see the MAGA movement continue rather than fizzle out.

Trump may ruin his own momentum by going after DeSantis.  I have a hunch that Ron may know a few things about Donald that Donald may not want known.  Just sayin'.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2022, 05:30:06 pm »
Trump had more baggage than Cruz and somehow he won though. Still trying to figure out how that worked. Maybe Trump was the new thing in 2015.

Or maybe the GOPe was backing Trump in exchange for choosing his delegates.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2022, 05:33:29 pm »
Test number one for DeSantis is….what will he do to help Herschel Walker across the finish line? Walker is a Trump guy, but he’s also running for an absolutely critical Senate seat and this is a chance to broaden his appeal within the party AND….more importantly…put the cause before ego. I will be judging him.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2022, 05:42:36 pm »
Test number one for DeSantis is….what will he do to help Herschel Walker across the finish line? Walker is a Trump guy, but he’s also running for an absolutely critical Senate seat and this is a chance to broaden his appeal within the party AND….more importantly…put the cause before ego. I will be judging him.

Walker?  Or Trump?  Wish you could come down here and see Walker yourself.  Definitely a flawed individual.  But he recognizes it, accepts it, and asks God to remove his shortcomings.  His ego is gradually dying.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-