Author Topic: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid  (Read 9099 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2022, 08:30:02 pm »
Selfish DeSantis Takes Entire Red Wave For Himself

https://babylonbee.com/news/selfish-desantis-takes-entire-red-wave-for-himself?utm_source=The%20Babylon%20Bee%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email

Hilarious. Now the Bee has a target on their back. I'll be curious to see how he counterpunches them.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2022, 08:36:20 pm »
Instead of “warning” other Republicans, why doesn’t  he just say “ let’s have a primary battle and may the best man win?” He is not entitled to the nomination in 2024.

No one is entitled to be the GOP nominee in 2024.  I have heard that sometimes elderly people enter into what’s called a second childhood. I think he’s on his third or fourth childhood
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2022, 08:37:44 pm »

No one is entitled to be the GOP nominee in 2024.  I have heard that sometimes elderly people enter into what’s called a second childhood. I think he’s on his third or fourth childhood

Trump is only as old as the women he dates.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2022, 08:41:34 pm »
Hilarious. Now the Bee has a target on their back. I'll be curious to see how he counterpunches them.

Mr. Trump best not wrestle with the best lampooners in the business. 

They will humiliate him beyond pale.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2022, 08:41:48 pm »
Trump is only as old as the women he dates.

He and Hillary would make a perfect couple. They have the same behaviors
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2022, 08:42:49 pm »
An aside...

I watched "Outnumbered" today. Lara Trump was one of the panelists. They were discussing military wokeness and how it's causing them to be unable to meet their recruitment goals. Also, how that spills over to the police.

From Lara's segment: We are having problems maintaining what we have now because they don't want to be part of a negative environment. I don't think it's going to change anything.... Look, I've been part of enough teams to know that when you are on a team, it is not about an individual. It is about you as a team.... You have one common goal. You act as a team and that's what we have to get back to...because this is just not working, and it's actually kind of terrifying.

Good word, Lara. Go teach your FIL.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2022, 05:17:03 am »

Again, like it or not, the vast majority of his supporters are fiercely and immovably loyal to Trump --- because at great personal cost he has been loyal to them, supporting them with his policies and keeping the promises he made.  Part of their unrelenting quest is to restore his honor and place in history----- because Trump has earned this.

Enter Ron DeSantis.  In 2018, RDS was barreling down the express lane to losing the governship to a drug addict when he made the smartest decision of his political life and turned to President Trump, very popular in Florida, for help.  Trump obliged and dragged DeSantis to a  .4% (point four percent) victory over Gillum.

But RDS also made an unforeseen error --- one that will haunt him without mercy if he pitts himself against Trump; the man who saved his political life.  RDS will need to distance himself from MAGA policies, spew the swamp's talking points about the man, Donald Trump, or a combination of both. However he chooses to address this, RDS will not recover --- he beomes the focus of Trump's next reading of "The Snake".  Combine this with the exposure of his dealings with Team McConnell, McCarthy and Ryan (his mentors) ---- Trump knows every phone call, meeting and deal ---- and RDS retires early or returns to the House.  His national career is over.  This is Trump's warning, and he is right.

The haunting RDS did not foresee ----

https://youtu.be/z1YP_zZJFX

LauraLoomer
@LauraLoomer
·5h

BREAKING: Ron DeSantis’s foreign agent media team is now trying to get this 2018 DeSantis for Governor ad scrubbed from the internet so that people don’t remember that Ron DeSantis literally pretended to be Trump to become Governor of FL!

I guess you could say his staff and the RINOS who want him to be president are trying to DeSANITIZE the internet of all traces of Ron’s previous imitation and support for President Trump.

He literally wouldn’t be Governor if it wasn’t for Trump.

Team Trump! There is no MAGA without Trump

https://gettr.com/post/p1xu7dwf353

@mystery-ak
@libertybele
@Lando Lincoln
@Mesaclone

Online libertybele

« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2022, 06:11:11 am »
LauraLoomer
@LauraLoomer
·5h

BREAKING: Ron DeSantis’s foreign agent media team is now trying to get this 2018 DeSantis for Governor ad scrubbed from the internet so that people don’t remember that Ron DeSantis literally pretended to be Trump to become Governor of FL!

I guess you could say his staff and the RINOS who want him to be president are trying to DeSANITIZE the internet of all traces of Ron’s previous imitation and support for President Trump.

@mystery-ak
@libertybele
@Lando Lincoln
@Mesaclone

I have never disputed the fact that Trump launched DeSantis career.

I read several times about a feud between the two and didn't buy the MSM liberal hype.  DeSantis never mentioned anything or responded. Certainly if anyone should recognize fake news it should lbe Trump.

DeSantis won his re-election and Trump then throws arrows at him.  Why??  Ron has never mentioned running yet Trump threatens him if he does.  Why??

I am not at all convinced in any way that DeSantis is on team GOPe.  He has bucked the system too many times.  The only thing that makes sense is Trump's insecurities and Trump is playing into the hands of the GOPe and the DEMS.

Yes Trump was a great president.  He will never serve a second term by bullying successful popular conservatives.  Nor will a conservative be seated. Trump's bullying will only fracture a still divided party...just as perhaps the GOPe has planned.

To me Trump has reverted back to the schoolyard bully that was on display during his presidential campaign.  I was able to look past that as he evolved into a good president.  I have supported him.

We need all the conservative governors that we can get and Trump is trying to destroy one because of a bruised ego.  It is very unfortunate.  I see Trump self destructing and taking DeSantis down with him.  Then who do we have left??  Maybe Cruz, Noem ?

Then there's always Rubio or Mittens, or maybe another Bush will emerge.  Joy! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2022, 07:35:02 am »
LauraLoomer
@LauraLoomer
·5h

@mystery-ak
@libertybele
@Lando Lincoln
@Mesaclone

Just curious.  How does that 2018 video justify Donald Trump's unprovoked attack on Ron DeSantis after his re-election win?  You seem to be making the point that DeSantis owes Trump something.  Is tearing down DeSantis the payment that Trump demands?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2022, 08:17:18 am »
DeSantis won his re-election and Trump then throws arrows at him.  Why??  Ron has never mentioned running yet Trump threatens him if he does.

Why??

Trump threw an "arrow"  in response to the Javelin anti-tank missile RDS fired from behind the protective blue wall of team McConnell, Ryan & Bush, NT pundintry and compliant media.  The name RDS emblazened on the missile was "Joe O'Dea".

Trump knew RDS was wrestling with a decision ----- knew the details ---- but stood back and waited.  In so doing, Trump showed RDS more respect than RDS has shown Trump  ---- and respect is the least RDS owes.

Joe O'Dea is the GOP candidate for Senate in Colorado who lost by 20 points.  Joe O'Dea made a promise to stop Trump in 2024 a pillar of his campaign.  Joe O'Dea was the receipient of $10 milion McConnell transferred from Blake Masters.

Joe O'Dea was the senate candidate RDS recorded  a robo call for --- imploring Republicans to vote for Joe O'Dea, for the "leadership we need in the US Senate".

RDS had made his decision and chosen the team he will play for.  Trump knows if RDS reaches the Oval Office, team McConnell, Ryan &  Bush will fill the seat behind the Resolute desk and RDS will fill a seat behind the snack bar  ---- MAGA will be crushed and his supporters's voices will be silenced.

If I have one complaint about Trump's reaction to this, it's that it was too mild.  But, I'll wait patiently for round two.

@libertybele

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2022, 08:23:00 am »
I do not. COVID was a created and intentional disaster - But it was world wide. Not merely within the US sphere. That narrow a view denies a much bigger leviathon that finally has shown itself - A much greater threat to liberty world wide.

And in not recognizing it, it can grow. And we will be facing it soon. Very soon. And it will make all our other fights for liberty pale.
I agree. But for those pulling those strings, Trump was an element to be eliminated, and still is.

Trump would glory in being 'the guy' who stopped the NWO, and it's likely (provided he succeeded in doing so) that's the way the books would read. If anything would appeal to his narcissism, that would.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2022, 08:26:12 am »
Covid is not to blame for Trump signing off on $2 billion in federal spending going to Planned Parenthood.  Covid is not to blame for Trump continuing with Obamacare for another four years.  Covid is not to blame for $80 billion in fraud that the government knows about.

The buck has to stop with someone.  See whose name appeared on the checks from 2017-2020.
There were two years when Congress could have passed a revocation of Obamacare, and had it crossed his desk, I have little doubt Trump would have signed it.
Likewise, funding the wall. An awful lot of that 'credit' remains with Congressional leadership in the GOP, and that hasn't changed enough to do any good.

Congress appropriates. POTUS signs or vetoes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2022, 08:30:27 am »
Trump threw an "arrow"  in response to the Javelin anti-tank missile RDS fired from behind the protective blue wall of team McConnell, Ryan & Bush, NT pundintry and compliant media.  The name RDS emblazened on the missile was "Joe O'Dea".

Trump knew RDS was wrestling with a decision ----- knew the details ---- but stood back and waited.  In so doing, Trump showed RDS more respect than RDS has shown Trump  ---- and respect is the least RDS owes.

Joe O'Dea is the GOP candidate for Senate in Colorado who lost by 20 points.  Joe O'Dea made a promise to stop Trump in 2024 a pillar of his campaign.  Joe O'Dea was the receipient of $10 milion McConnell transferred from Blake Masters.

Joe O'Dea was the senate candidate RDS recorded  a robo call for --- imploring Republicans to vote for Joe O'Dea, for the "leadership we need in the US Senate".

RDS had made his decision and chosen the team he will play for.  Trump knows if RDS reaches the Oval Office, team McConnell, Ryan &  Bush will fill the seat behind the Resolute desk and RDS will fill a seat behind the snack bar  ---- MAGA will be crushed and his supporters's voices will be silenced.

If I have one complaint about Trump's reaction to this, it's that it was too mild.  But, I'll wait patiently for round two.

@libertybele

So from all that, DeSantis' big crime is that he gave his voice to a robo call for a fellow Republican?  Seriously?  If that's all you've got, then Trump's actions are indefensible.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2022, 11:12:29 am »
I agree. But for those pulling those strings, Trump was an element to be eliminated, and still is.

Trump would glory in being 'the guy' who stopped the NWO, and it's likely (provided he succeeded in doing so) that's the way the books would read. If anything would appeal to his narcissism, that would.

Agreed... although relying upon Tumpy's narcissism to move conservatism forward has always been an absurd proposition. That is not something to invest upon.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2022, 01:02:45 pm »
There's a lot about Trump to like.  That is the frustrating thing.  They want someone to fight for them and be their champion.  Unfortunately, Trump lacks the savvy and the knowhow to be that person.  Trump fights his own personal battles.  But rarely does he fight for those he is supposed to represent.

Trump was the one guy who could have stood up to the GOPe and driven out all the establishment hacks.  But instead, he cuts a deal with them (the Art of the Deal), making them his supposed 'allies' for short term gain.
Trump was the one guy who could have put a stop to deficit spending and brought our budget back to where our Founding Fathers intended.  Yet that was never on his radar.  And it still isn't.

And don't forget that spontaneous deal he made with Feinstein to ban "assault weapons."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/03/01/mobapp-sen-dianne-feinstein-giddy-trump-gun-bill.cnn

EVERYTHING is negotiable with "dealmaker" Trump if he thinks it makes him look good.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2022, 02:28:09 pm »
So from all that, DeSantis' big crime is that he gave his voice to a robo call for a fellow Republican?  Seriously?  If that's all you've got, then Trump's actions are indefensible.

This kind of attack on people like DeSantis and Youngkin is not some grand strategy on the behalf of Donald Trump. He’s upset because the spotlight is off him and he’s having a temper tantrum. So he is going to do whatever he can to make sure he’s the center of attention again.

Watch him go after other Republican governors

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2022, 03:20:20 pm »
This kind of attack on people like DeSantis and Youngkin is not some grand strategy on the behalf of Donald Trump. He’s upset because the spotlight is off him and he’s having a temper tantrum. So he is going to do whatever he can to make sure he’s the center of attention again.

What an odd time to do that. The week of his daughter’s wedding, no less.   **nononono*
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2022, 03:37:34 pm »
There were two years when Congress could have passed a revocation of Obamacare, and had it crossed his desk, I have little doubt Trump would have signed it.

There were two years when Congress could have simply not funded Obamacare.  There were four years when the Executive Branch could have chosen not to spend money allocated for it.  The President does have influence over Congress.  No Republican since Reagan has understood this.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2022, 03:54:46 pm »
Just curious.  How does that 2018 video justify Donald Trump's unprovoked attack on Ron DeSantis after his re-election win?  You seem to be making the point that DeSantis owes Trump something.  Is tearing down DeSantis the payment that Trump demands?
:hands: :hands: :hands:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2022, 04:02:00 pm »

Trump will stay focused on DeSantis since he's his biggest threat.  It's all about jealousy... 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2022, 04:09:35 pm »
Trump will stay focused on DeSantis since he's his biggest threat.  It's all about jealousy...

I think it is strategic too. There can be no other choice than him...Though I think that feeds his ego more than any structural strategy.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2022, 04:16:03 pm »
I think it is strategic too. There can be no other choice than him...Though I think that feeds his ego more than any structural strategy.

The Democrats could not ever come up with a better strategy for 2024 than this.  Their only miscalculation of 2016 was not realizing what a poor candidate Hillary Clinton was.  The MSM has been kicking themselves ever since for giving Trump months upon months of free air time to ensure he was the 2016 Republican nominee.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2022, 04:21:32 pm »
The Democrats could not ever come up with a better strategy for 2024 than this.  Their only miscalculation of 2016 was not realizing what a poor candidate Hillary Clinton was.  The MSM has been kicking themselves ever since for giving Trump months upon months of free air time to ensure he was the 2016 Republican nominee.

But they will again... Because he is so divisive... He will continue to divide Republicans till he is their only choice - and many will refuse to hold their nose (like me). Advantage: Democrats.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2022, 04:28:44 pm »
Pinocchio thinking he is a real boy, but completely oblivious to the strings that are attached.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2022, 05:01:46 pm »
But they will again... Because he is so divisive... He will continue to divide Republicans till he is their only choice - and many will refuse to hold their nose (like me). Advantage: Democrats.

I’ve seen posts here that have suggested because that we don’t want Donald Trump, it means we want someone like Mitt Romney or Jeb Bush. That is certainly not true and, by the many comments I’m seeing here, even though we are done with Trump, I doubt anybody here wants another Mitt Romney or a Jeb Bush running.

Before we know it, the 2020 for primary season will be upon us. Put Donald Trump up as the nominee and get ready for another four years of Joe Biden. And the tragedy is that if we continue on our current path, and Joe Biden has already made it clear he plans on doing just that, the current president will be extremely vulnerable in 2024
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 05:03:21 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater