Author Topic: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid  (Read 9267 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2022, 07:40:20 pm »
If the Walker-Warnock runoff race decides the senate.  I think its all hands on deck, and all poltical infighting needs to have a pause.

It's that important.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2022, 09:21:29 pm »
The thing is @Weird Tolkienish Figure  Trump wasn't a new thing in 2015.  Every aspect of his life ---- personal, financial, political ----  had been broadcast across newspapers, tabloids, TV for 30 years.  By the time he ran for POTUS he was already the "people's billionnaire" and folks knew and liked the man.

Not all people knew and liked the man. Some people do not like him. The drama is just too much. I have many acquaintances that like the policies but his persona turns them off. Since neither he nor DeSantis have announced his comments are unnecessary.

Sadly, electability often depends on obtaining votes. He did some really good things, and some not so good. But he did, and continues to, shoot himself in the foot with his mouth.

Myself...in the primary, I will not vote for Trump. If he wins the nomination, of course I will.  I dread the debates with the childish name calling and allegations which may or may not be true if he wins. 

Offline berdie

« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2022, 09:23:29 pm »
A lot of emotion here so I'm not going to try and "talk you over" to a different perspective. I will say that I DO believe everything I wrote. Further, I don't care who Desantis meets with...unless I know what they talked about and why. I expect he'll meet with Democrats on certain issues before this is through...as will Trump. Frankly, if he's not reaching out he's a moron...same with Trump. A party is a coalition...always. If you can't work with a coalition WITHIN your own party, how the hell can you put together a winning NATIONAL coalition. This doesn't require ANY shift in policy, but it does require a shift in demeanor. Talking to someone, does not entail surrendering your integrity and values...it just means you respect the disagreement with them.

Great post!!!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2022, 09:36:51 pm »
Ehhhhh... There was a subset of the population that like him. Let's not go nuts, RiV.

If I were going to go nuts @Weird Tolkienish Figure  I  woud have saiid YOU liked him   :laugh:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2022, 09:43:25 pm »

Not all people knew and liked the man. Some people do not like him. The drama is just too much. I have many acquaintances that like the policies but his persona turns them off. Since neither he nor DeSantis have announced his comments are unnecessary.

Sadly, electability often depends on obtaining votes. He did some really good things, and some not so good. But he did, and continues to, shoot himself in the foot with his mouth.

Myself...in the primary, I will not vote for Trump. If he wins the nomination, of course I will.  I dread the debates with the childish name calling and allegations which may or may not be true if he wins.

I absolutely agree; neither one has announced so the name calling is very childish and unnecessary.

As of now I can't say that I wouldn't vote for Trump in the primary, because I don't know who else is going to be running.

Yes, I'd vote for Trump in the General, but if he keeps his crappola up IMO he's not going to make it across the finish line.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2022, 09:56:43 pm »
A lot of emotion here so I'm not going to try and "talk you over" to a different perspective. I will say that I DO believe everything I wrote. Further, I don't care who Desantis meets with...unless I know what they talked about and why. I expect he'll meet with Democrats on certain issues before this is through...as will Trump. Frankly, if he's not reaching out he's a moron...same with Trump. A party is a coalition...always. If you can't work with a coalition WITHIN your own party, how the hell can you put together a winning NATIONAL coalition. This doesn't require ANY shift in policy, but it does require a shift in demeanor. Talking to someone, does not entail surrendering your integrity and values...it just means you respect the disagreement with them.

@Mesaclone    This  pointing-up    is a very reasonable-sounding crock of s*^t ----  And, you know it.    88devil

Online corbe

« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2022, 09:59:58 pm »
   I never have and never will vote for that imbecile.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2022, 10:04:31 pm »

I still want you to moderate a TBR thead in a Fetterman v. Biden debate
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2022, 10:09:56 pm »

....but, but, he "did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky".  :whistle:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2022, 10:12:55 pm »

Who gets to be Fetterman and who gets to be Biden?   

This could bring a whole new side to TBR.  :silly:

@corbe that would make a great poll -- who in here should get the part of Fetterman and who in here should get the part of Biden?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:15:41 pm by libertybele »

Online corbe

« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2022, 10:19:06 pm »
   Let me Sober up a bit to even contemplate that @libertybele @catfish1957 has also had some profound suggestions for Polls.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2022, 10:21:57 pm »
   Let me Sober up a bit to even contemplate that @libertybele @catfish1957 has also had some profound suggestions for Polls.

:beer:  So.... I also got thinking that those of us who don't play the role of Fetterman or Biden should submit our questions to you @corbe the designated moderator.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:28:28 pm by libertybele »

Offline berdie

« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2022, 10:50:15 pm »
I absolutely agree; neither one has announced so the name calling is very childish and unnecessary.

As of now I can't say that I wouldn't vote for Trump in the primary, because I don't know who else is going to be running.

Yes, I'd vote for Trump in the General, but if he keeps his crappola up IMO he's not going to make it across the finish line.

Good point re: the primary. Who knows what the Repubs will offer. :shrug:

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2022, 10:50:38 pm »
It's been an open secret in Washington for many months that DeSantis is meeting, with regularity, with Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy, Mitch McConnell, their teams, their communication staffs, and their donors.  Remember, RDS is a product of this wing of the Republican Party  --- having spent his entire tenure in the House under the mentorship of Ryan and McCarthy.  In 2016, he dropped his bid for the Senate at McConnell's request, and returned to Ryan's open arms.  Their reconnection was predictable.

Do you have examples of leftist positions he took as a member of the House?  The American Conservative Union gave him a lifetime score of 99.31%.  By their metric, he was the second most conservative member in congress (behind Mike Lee).

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2022, 12:43:14 am »
@Mesaclone    This  pointing-up    is a very reasonable-sounding crock of s*^t ----  And, you know it.    88devil

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online corbe

« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2022, 01:03:01 am »

« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2022, 01:11:36 am »

Yup.  My point, exactly.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2022, 01:14:05 am »

Not when Bill Clinton holds it.  Or when Trump smokes it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2022, 02:54:18 am »
Raheem J. Kassam
@RaheemKassam

I like Ron DeSantis! Should totally be President some day, as I told him back in 2015 when I first met him! But why are DeSantis people upset that Trump is hitting back when they’ve all been briefing nasty things about Trump for months now!? You wanted the fight! Embrace it!

And PLEASE do not think I am having a go at anyone preferring DeSantis. That’s your right and your choice and nothing to do with me! I’m just saying don’t expect Trump to sit quietly while the machines move against him again. This primary season will be ROUGH! Get used to it!

6:32 PM · Nov 10, 2022  ·Twitter for iPhone

Online Hoodat

« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2022, 03:12:04 am »
Do you have examples of leftist positions he took as a member of the House?  The American Conservative Union gave him a lifetime score of 99.31%.  By their metric, he was the second most conservative member in congress (behind Mike Lee).

If she doesn't have a shred of evidence supporting the claim she is making, she certainly doesn't have evidence of any leftist position that DeSantis took in the House.  She just makes it up as she goes, spilling vile untruths all over the TBR floor.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2022, 03:54:46 am »

I'd like to moderate a discussion between Biden, Feinstein, and Fetterman. Only problem is, I wouldn't be able to stop laughing.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2022, 07:12:35 pm »
Selfish DeSantis Takes Entire Red Wave For Himself

Donald Trump has appeared unphased by his young rival's selfish stockpiling of precious red wave, an act that purportedly made the 45th president's handpicked MAGA candidates look like incompetent morons, costing the party vital seats in the House and Senate. To demonstrate how unfettered he was by DeSantis, Trump went to TRUTH Social and Truthed, "Little Ronnie DeSelfish won't know what hit him when I very soon will reveal a redder, wavier wave, bigger than any wave that's ever waved. Huge wave. Huge, red wave!"

https://babylonbee.com/news/selfish-desantis-takes-entire-red-wave-for-himself?utm_source=The%20Babylon%20Bee%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2022, 07:20:16 pm »
Selfish DeSantis Takes Entire Red Wave For Himself

https://babylonbee.com/news/selfish-desantis-takes-entire-red-wave-for-himself?utm_source=The%20Babylon%20Bee%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email

lol.....

Love the fact that even the Babylon Bee has gotten a gut full, and is getting tired  of DJT's antics.

He really needs to ride off into the sunset, before he really starts embarassing himself.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2022, 07:28:23 pm »

He really needs to ride off into the sunset, before he really starts embarassing himself.

Might be too late for that.

Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Idiot

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2022, 07:31:04 pm »