Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 67340 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #775 on: November 09, 2022, 03:37:45 pm »
Lots of grump old men around here... is it me or does google show that the GOP could still barely capture the senate? Not sure why anyone was expecting much more than that?

And we still have a majority on the Court.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #776 on: November 09, 2022, 03:38:44 pm »
Ronna McDaniel needs to go....right now!

Is there a vax for CoRonnavid- 22?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #777 on: November 09, 2022, 03:38:53 pm »
Mystery posted in reply 699:
"Voters support abortion rights in all five states with ballot measures
Voters in California, Vermont and Michigan on Tuesday approved ballot measures enshrining abortion rights into their state constitutions, while those in traditional red states Montana and Kentucky rejected measures that would have restricted access to reproductive care."

Brings to mind the old saying:
"Be careful what you wish for. You just may get it."

The right wished for the end of Roe.
And... they got it.

But that end has come with a heavy price, one that won't go away:
The loss of a substantial number of votes, particularly from younger women (and males, too).

The end of Roe has handed the left a gift that will keep on giving in the future.
I sense that the power of this issue will not grow weaker, but rather, stronger.

And -- if you think that's bad enough -- wait until the Supreme Court declares an end to affirmative action this term. For now, perhaps only in education. But if AA is unconstitutional in education [only], how CAN it be "Constitutional" anywhere else?
Thinking too much. Young women don't give a damn about 'abortion'! If they did they would not be pregnant.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #778 on: November 09, 2022, 03:39:16 pm »
You got proof we are getting to 218?  We have been stuck on 200 for 8 hours now.

Redistricting alone will push the GOP over 217.  They have known this all along, yet they have been pushing this as some major accomplishment.

My district (GA-06) was redrawn to ensure an easy victory for the GOP.  The tradeoff was that GA-07 was redrawn to ensure an easy victory for the Democrats.  Both districts were competitive.  With a little work, the GOP could have won both.  But they took the easy route and conceded GA-07 to the Dems.

Idiots.  Lazy pathetic idiots.  Republican leaders could care less if the Democrats are in charge.  Their biggest fear is to be held accountable for anything.  It's easier to complain about Democrats than it is to do anything to correct it.  Take Obamacare for example.  We still have it.  Twelve years later, and Obamacare remains the law of the land.  Republicans are worthless.  And the voters know it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #779 on: November 09, 2022, 03:39:38 pm »
This morning at 9:30 Dr. Oz called John Fetterman to concede.

That must have been an interesting conversation...does Fetterman even know he has won?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #780 on: November 09, 2022, 03:41:18 pm »
Lots of grump old men around here... is it me or does google show that the GOP could still barely capture the senate? Not sure why anyone was expecting much more than that?

Master's is not going to win, and anyone thinks that the dims won't do a "winner-take-all" cheat of GA?

I'd say our chances of taking the senate are now 2-5%.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #781 on: November 09, 2022, 03:42:20 pm »

She never should have been hired.  Remind me again the name of the idiot who endorsed her for that job in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 03:43:19 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #782 on: November 09, 2022, 03:43:46 pm »
This morning at 9:30 Dr. Oz called John Fetterman to concede.

That must have been an interesting conversation...does Fetterman even know he has won?

More humilating than interesting.  How does anyone lose to this level of babbling, dribbling, brain dead zombie?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #783 on: November 09, 2022, 03:45:20 pm »
Redistricting alone will push the GOP over 217.  They have known this all along, yet they have been pushing this as some major accomplishment.

My district (GA-06) was redrawn to ensure an easy victory for the GOP.  The tradeoff was that GA-07 was redrawn to ensure an easy victory for the Democrats.  Both districts were competitive.  With a little work, the GOP could have won both.  But they took the easy route and conceded GA-07 to the Dems.

Idiots.  Lazy pathetic idiots.  Republican leaders could care less if the Democrats are in charge.  Their biggest fear is to be held accountable for anything.  It's easier to complain about Democrats than it is to do anything to correct it.  Take Obamacare for example.  We still have it.  Twelve years later, and Obamacare remains the law of the land.  Republicans are worthless.  And the voters know it.

If you look a little above, I did a uncalled race by race check, and if these all stand, we'll be at 220.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #784 on: November 09, 2022, 03:47:45 pm »

That's why I want to see this all shake out before anything is said or done.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #785 on: November 09, 2022, 03:49:08 pm »
More humilating than interesting.  How does anyone lose to this level of babbling, dribbling, brain dead zombie?

When you find that answer let me know...the people in Pa can't be this stupid!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #786 on: November 09, 2022, 03:53:52 pm »

She should have never been the RNC chairman in the first place, she's the niece of Romney, what did everyone expect??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #787 on: November 09, 2022, 03:54:14 pm »
If you look a little above, I did a uncalled race by race check, and if these all stand, we'll be at 220.

Very narrow margin but I'll take it...
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #788 on: November 09, 2022, 03:58:10 pm »
Maloney conceded...yes!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 04:06:12 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #789 on: November 09, 2022, 04:00:02 pm »
Mystery posted in reply 699:
"Voters support abortion rights in all five states with ballot measures
Voters in California, Vermont and Michigan on Tuesday approved ballot measures enshrining abortion rights into their state constitutions, while those in traditional red states Montana and Kentucky rejected measures that would have restricted access to reproductive care."

For the record, there was nothing on the Kentucky ballot that would have restricted access to reproductive care.  It is yet another Democrat lie.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #790 on: November 09, 2022, 04:00:15 pm »
Democrats’ anti-MAGA strategy worked, says former Bush speechwriter

Former George W. Bush speechwriter Marc Thiessen declared on Wednesday that the Democrats’ anti-MAGA strategy worked in the midterm elections, targeting Trump nominees and painting them as extremists, effectively halting a “red wave.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/11/09/democrats-anti-maga-strategy-worked-says-former-bush-aide-1306411/

Let's not forget that the Washington GOP wanted to eliminate Donald Trump more than they wanted majorities in the House and the Senate, so let's give credit where credit is due.  It's why McConnell played whack-a-mole with campaign dollars,  offered no verbal support --- it's why McCarthy didn't get his bony ass to one rally in support of House candidates to talk up both the candidate and his upcoming agenda.

It's why the Washington GOP never pushed for meaningful election reform, got to the bottom of the fraud in 2020 or fought the J6 clown committee tooth and nail, every step of the way.   It's why their follow-up to Dobbs was to propose a national ban on abortion ---- and I doubt even they anticipated the rewards of completely ignoring the youth vote --  who decided so many of the elections.. For the Washington GOP the midterms were meant to be the end of Trump AND his pesky supporters who still refuse to get in line.

And for those eagerly hitching their wagon to the RDS star - gird your loins.  He's just about served his purpose.

"Record breaking youth voter turnout gets you gun safety legislation, student debt cancellation, climate action, and so much more.  Hear more from @cristinanextgen about why the youth vote is so critical in tomorrow's election — and why young voters are ready to turn out."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NextGenAmerica/status/1589837300586123264

John Della Volpe
@dellavolpe

One thing I know already.

If not for voters under 30 ... tonight WOULD have been a Red Wave.

CNN National House Exit Poll

R+ 13    65+
R+ 11    45-64

D +2      30-44
D +28   18-29

#GenZ did their job.

10:52 PM · Nov 8, 2022·Twitter Web App

« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 04:02:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #791 on: November 09, 2022, 04:03:34 pm »
And again, I'll ask you @Fishrrman just who would you think might populate this new Continental Congress you keep blathering about?

Ditto.  I would like to know the answer to that as well @Fishrrman    Votes for liberalism were obvious last night -- so yes, who do you think is going to make up the Continental Congress? Calling for a Continental Congress or a Convention of States would be absolutely devastating to our country at this point in time.  As I have pointed out many times, the time to do so was long ago.  That ship has sailed.

Unless conservatives have a stronghold on this Republic, which they do not, a Continental Congress or a Convention of States will NOT succeed in changing things.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #792 on: November 09, 2022, 04:03:53 pm »
Democrat Leigh Finke Is Minnesota’s First Transgender Lawmaker
Lipstick and earrings do not a woman make.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #793 on: November 09, 2022, 04:06:47 pm »
Very narrow margin but I'll take it...

When it all shakes out, we'll have to go with The Army We Got.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #794 on: November 09, 2022, 04:07:09 pm »
Doesn't matter. The hideous Mrs. Fetterlump knows, and she's ready to take her seat in the Senate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #795 on: November 09, 2022, 04:08:00 pm »

Should never have been there in the first place.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #796 on: November 09, 2022, 04:09:06 pm »
Carville: Dems Should Have Lost 57 Seats – Trump Is Reason We Didn’t

Democratic consultant and political commentator James Carville said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that former President Donald Trump was the reason Democrats did not lose up to 57 seats in the House of Representatives.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #797 on: November 09, 2022, 04:09:51 pm »
Pennsylvania Voters Reelect Dead Democrat State Representative

Pennsylvania voters reelected a Democratic state representative who died last month, the latest anomaly in a state that has been under the national political spotlight since voting to put Donald Trump in the White House in the 2016 race.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/09/pennsylvania-voters-reelect-dead-democrat-state-representative/
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #798 on: November 09, 2022, 04:10:04 pm »
When it all shakes out, we'll have to go with The Army We Got.

We don't have an army.  We have a political party that works against us in order to protect their own selfish interests.

McConnell still has his job.  Rick Scott still has his job.  Ronna McDaniel still has her job.  And Kevin McCarthy is about to get a raise.
And Donald Trump's ego continues to be stroked by a bunch of blind sycophants.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #799 on: November 09, 2022, 04:10:43 pm »
Lipstick and earrings do not a woman make.

It's the pink hair.   :laugh: