Author Topic: Trump previews 2024 rivalry with Ron 'DeSanctimonious' at PA rally  (Read 2436 times)

Offline corbe

Trump previews 2024 rivalry with Ron 'DeSanctimonious' at PA rally

by Virginia Aabram, Congressional Reporter
November 05, 2022 10:34 PM

While teasing his expected 2024 presidential run at a rally for Pennsylvania's top-ticket Republicans, former President Donald Trump waded into what could be his most contentious rivalry of the next campaign cycle.

Trump christened Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, one of the most popular Republicans in the country, with one of his famous epithets: Ron "DeSanctimonious." The jab sets up what could turn into the primary contest for the GOP's 2024 presidential nomination.

The former president bragged that over 70% of Republicans surveyed in a Rasmussen poll in September wanted him president again, while only 10% supported DeSantis. Trump is expected to make a formal announcement of his White House bid on Nov. 14.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaign/trump-2024-desanctimonious
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Trump previews 2024 rivalry with Ron 'DeSanctimonious' at PA rally
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 01:50:27 pm »
   These two years away from the pressure of the Oval Office has really matured him  /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 02:22:59 pm »
It was cringe-worthy..at least for me...why he had to say it is beyond me..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 02:52:58 pm »
   These two years away from the pressure of the Oval Office has really matured him  /s

His inner child is never far beneath the surface.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 02:55:16 pm »
So much for Trump being a "counter-puncher" who only criticizes those who attack him.  He revealed a lot more about himself with this comment than he did about DeSantis.  It is precisely what so many of us find disarming about him. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 02:56:20 pm »
He is just a mean spirited little baby. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 02:59:10 pm »
He is just a mean spirited little baby.

And a snowflake
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 03:02:05 pm »

Countdown to when we are told we don’t understand Trump’s strategy and he was playing (insert number here) dimensional chess

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2022, 03:15:30 pm »
So much for Trump being a "counter-puncher" who only criticizes those who attack him.  He revealed a lot more about himself with this comment than he did about DeSantis.  It is precisely what so many of us find disarming about him.

I suspect we’ll soon learn what he was counter-punching. @massadvj
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 03:26:11 pm »
Oh, boo hoo.  Like no politician has ever referred to another by an insulting name at a campaign rally.

Politics ain’t bean bags, it’s a contact sport. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2022, 03:30:28 pm »
You might want to let the guy formally jump into the race before attacking him, because it looks weak, as if you are scared to take him on.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2022, 03:32:15 pm »
Oh, boo hoo.  Like no politician has ever referred to another by an insulting name at a campaign rally.

Exactly!
Besides, he dominates the media 247 with this stuff... it is funny how he can manipulate them

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2022, 03:57:54 pm »
It isn't just a few here who were disappointed by this remark.

November 6, 2022 9:22am EST
Conservatives turn on Trump for attacking Ron DeSantis ahead of midterms: ‘What an idiot’
DeSantis is among the most popular and successful Republicans in the country
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

Conservative commentators who are typically Donald Trump's allies turned on the former president after he went after Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Saturday.

Trump mocked DeSantis as "Ron DeSanctimonious" while discussing the 2024 Republican presidential primary at a rally in Pennsylvania. The pair is widely considered to be the top contenders for the Republican nomination, though DeSantis has offered no indication he intends to run. Commentators called out Trump for creating division in the ranks just three days before the midterm elections.

"DeSantis is an extremely effective conservative governor who has had real policy wins and real cultural wins. Trump isn’t going to be able to take this one down with a dumb nickname. He better have more than that up his sleeve," wrote Matt Walsh, a commentator at The Daily Wire and a leading voice among social conservatives.

"Also, nice job launching your public attack against the most popular conservative governor in America three days before the midterms when we’re all supposed to be showing a united front," he added.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1589062635575685122

https://twitter.com/roddreher/status/1589146046881730560

Many other influential figures on the right weighed in against Trump.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1589067399529402369

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conservatives-turn-trump-attacking-ron-desantis-ahead-midterms-what-idiot
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online LMAO

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2022, 03:59:13 pm »
You might want to let
the guy formally jump into the race before attacking him, because it looks weak, as if you are scared to take him on.

Exactly

If this was in the heat of the 2024 GOP primary, well it would be understandable, even expected. I  wonder if Trump has some envy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 04:14:09 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2022, 04:25:16 pm »
Someone should warn The Donald that he may not want to make an enemy out of DeSantis. It’s not guaranteed that he would beat the governor in a head-to-head.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2022, 05:05:42 pm »
Trump never learned that silence is golden.  I'll bet there is a tattoo on the back of Trump's neck that says, "Open mouth, insert foot".

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2022, 05:09:41 pm »
3 Days before the Midterms?  Nice strategy there ol' Donny.....  /s  :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2022, 05:12:26 pm »

3 days before the midterms?  Plus neither have announced candidacy? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2022, 05:15:21 pm »
Trump previews 2024 rivalry with Ron 'DeSanctimonious' at PA rally

Corbe...

Since it looks like Trump has initiated 2024 campaign, it might be a good time for a preference Poll between Trump v. DeSantis.

Results might be interesting and surprising.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2022, 05:20:43 pm »

Please put your virtue signaling aside for a moment and try to understand what is going on ----  all rooted in the on-going battle within the party to stop Trump's second term. 

Ron DeSantis is not MAGA.  He turned to Trump in 2018,  a very popular President in Florida, to save him from losing the governorship to a drug addict.  Trump obliged and DeSantis squeaked out a razor thin victory to go on and be very good for Florida; his opponent entered rehab.

But, make no mistake about it, RDS's political roots are in the DC swamp.  He spent his entire tenure in the House under the wings of Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy ----- I'd guess Ron fancies himself another (aging) 'Young Gun" rather than an American Firster.  RDS ended his run for the Senate in 2016 at the request of Mitch McConnell -- even though he had solid poll numbers and campaign cash --- and ran instead for his House seat, which he won with Ryan's help. These are RDS's political buddies.

The Ryan/DeSantis team has been poking, podding, goading Trump and his team for months and other than the occassional flick of his third finger, Trump has been very restrained----surprising many.  But then RDS's intentions came out of the shadows and he publicly declared which team he's on with the robo call in support of the GOP Senate candidate promising to work against Trump in 2024  --- This is the first punch @massadvj

The Ryan/DeSantis team wanted more push back from Trump --- or made a strategic blunder. Either way this is self-inflicted by DeSantis and he deserves no sympathy for Trump's (very reserved) reaction --- nor does Trump deserve a scolding or a lecture   ----  making your reaching for the "we were right about Trump" scepter a bit premature.

Rich Baris had more to say about this.  I posted it below.

@catfish1957
@mystery-ak

« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 08:09:41 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2022, 05:33:14 pm »
Rich Baris “The People’s Pundit”
@Peoples_Pundit

I’ll tell everyone what it was right now, though it’s not the smartest fight for REPs to have before a midterm.

When Ron DeSantis is chatting with @kevinomccarthy and Team Paul Ryan behind the back of the man who made him the governor of Florida, it was bound to happen.

It’s called a shot across the bow and it’s in response to what Trump has been hearing is going on behind his back, which more than a half of dozen donors and scores of sitting congressman have told me is true.

They’ve targeted Ron DeSantis as the stool they believe is their best chance to foil another Trump Presidency and after enough hammering away at him and blowing up his head, there are indications that it is working.

But make no mistake, it is a DC establishment plan and is true.

_________

I’ve received at least a half dozen calls from GOP donors who have told me the contents of their conversations AND sitting members of Congress have confirmed it.

@GOPLeader Kevin McCarthy and Paul Ryan have hatched a plan to defeat MAGA in 2024 and Ron DeSantis is the stool.

Sorry if that hurts some of your feelings, but it’s true and those of you most likely to bitch about me saying it don’t know what the Hell you’re talking about.

If DeSantis doesn’t bite, though he has been more lately, their next target is @GlennYoungkin

9:57 PM · Nov 5, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2022, 05:38:05 pm »
3 Days before the Midterms?  Nice strategy there ol' Donny.....  /s  :thud:
But wait, is this more of Trump's fourth dimensional chess? Is Trump denigrating DeSantis with the end game of getting left leaning undecides to say well if Trump doesn't like him then I'll vote for him after all? :pondering: Okay I thought it was bullshiite when I wrote it too!

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2022, 05:40:03 pm »
Someone should warn The Donald that he may not want to make an enemy out of DeSantis. It’s not guaranteed that he would beat the governor in a head-to-head.

Yes, it is @debrawiest   But, the ones running this sh*tshow on the GOP side are just fine with another four years with  "D" in the WH -----

"Trump just posted this"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1585479944389509121

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2022, 05:47:34 pm »
You can't tell me you didn't cringe a little when Trump said this...there was a noticeable pause in the audience...my complaint is he should have waited a few days...not prudent to make himself the topic of conversation right before a huge election like this...it should all be centered on the candidates not Trump.
Support the USO