Author Topic: ‘Politico Europe’ Praises Putin For Making Europe ‘Green’. Hardly  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROBERT BRYCE ON OCT 21, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

‘Politico Europe’ Praises Putin For Making Europe ‘Green’. Hardly

putinIn more than 30 years as a reporter, I have witnessed plenty of media puffery and mendacity.

But last week’s inclusion by Politico Europe of Russian President Vladimir Putin on their “Green 28” list ranks as one of the most odious and disgusting examples of media misconduct I have ever seen. [bold, links added]

The piece claims Putin is “the invader making the EU green,” and that by invading Ukraine, Putin has “achieved something generations of green campaigners could not — clean energy is now a fundamental matter of European security.”

Before going further, it’s essential to put Putin’s invasion of Ukraine into context.

According to a report published last month by the United Nations, at least 5,700 civilians have been killed and some 8,300 others have been injured.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/politico-europe-praises-putin-for-making-europe-green-hardly/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"...clean energy is now a fundamental matter of European security."

Clean?
Like those endless clouds of woodsmoke in the air this coming winter, and hundreds of acres of denuded forests in the spring...?