Author Topic: “Replacing Natural Gas With Hydrogen Is A Fairy Tale”…”Six Times More Electricity”  (Read 223 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Replacing Natural Gas With Hydrogen Is A Fairy Tale”…”Six Times More Electricity”
By P Gosselin on 15. October 2022

Share this...
Hydrogen as an energy source for powering transport and heating poses colossal technical and cost challenges

By Die kalte Sonne

Article at Telepolis (Heise).

A mostly ignored problem in the hydrogen discussion is that the existing gas grids are not suitable for handling larger amounts of hydrogen. Thus, the Scientific Advisory to the German Bundestag had already dealt with the issue in the past. It came to the conclusion that “unlimited quantities of methane” could be fed into the gas networks. But concluded

For hydrogen produced by means of electrolysis, the limits are currently 1-10 percent by volume.”

Indeed, a problem generally known in materials research is that hydrogen leads to the embrittlement of metals. Many of the pipeline steels currently in use react to contact with hydrogen by significantly reducing elongation at break and becoming hydrogen brittle.”

https://notrickszone.com/2022/10/15/replacing-natural-gas-with-hydrogen-is-a-fairy-tale-six-times-more-electricity/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Wind, solar, hydrogen...none of these will generate enough to be adequate at current levels of usage.

This is all a bait and switch, once they dismantle our current energy infrastructure, everyone but their cronies will be left out in the cold to freeze and starve. There is no Green Economy.

It's like they looked at the Hunger Games movies as a manual.
The Republic is lost.