Author Topic: D.C. attorney general opens investigation into Republican governors’ relocating migrants to capital  (Read 233 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
D.C. attorney general opens investigation into Republican governors’ relocating migrants to capital
Posted Oct 14, 2022, 9:28 am
Marilyn W. Thompson & Perla Trevizo

ProPublica
Two buses from Texas transporting immigrants arrive at Washington D.C.’s Union Station on April 21.Shuran Huang for The Texas TribuneTwo buses from Texas transporting immigrants arrive at Washington D.C.’s Union Station on April 21.
District of Columbia Attorney General Karl Racine has opened an investigation into whether southern border state governors misled immigrants as part of what he called a “political stunt” to transport them to Washington.

Racine told ProPublica and The Texas Tribune his office is examining whether immigrants were deceived by trip organizers before boarding buses for Washington, including several hundred who were bused from Texas under instructions from Gov. Greg Abbott and dropped near the official residence of Vice President Kamala Harris. Racine’s office has the authority to bring misdemeanor criminal charges or to file civil fraud cases.

Racine said that in interviews with his investigators, arriving immigrants “have talked persuasively about being misled, with talk about promised services.” He offered no specifics about the inquiry, including whether it is being handled by his office’s criminal or civil divisions. The attorney general’s office declined to answer further questions.

https://www.tucsonsentinel.com/nationworld/report/101422_washington_busing_investigation/dc-attorney-general-opens-investigation-into-republican-governors-relocating-migrants-capital/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 02:31:58 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why doesn't some red state DA open a dereliction of duty investigation on Harris and Mayorkas for failing to obey federal laws on immigration?  I'll bet that DA could get Harris to sing like a nightingale about all the democrat corruption.  Then go after them for wrongful deaths related to it.  I'll bet all kinds of democrats would then join the Harris sing along. :poohappen:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson