Author Topic: Thanksgiving Is Being Canceled by Many Due to Bidenflation  (Read 639 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thanksgiving Is Being Canceled by Many Due to Bidenflation
« on: October 15, 2022, 02:14:57 pm »
Thanksgiving Is Being Canceled by Many Due to Bidenflation
By Matt Margolis 12:26 PM on October 14, 2022

As we’ve previously noted, nearly 70% of likely 2022 voters say that the high price of groceries is influencing their motivation to vote. This spells doom for Joe Biden and the Democrats in November.

However, Bidenflation will not only influence voters’ decisions in November. It will also, regrettably, have an effect on the Thanksgiving dinner. More than a third of Americans, according to a survey by Personal Capital, will be eating less at Thanksgiving this year, with 88% of Americans planning to eliminate at least one dish from their traditional Thanksgiving spread in an effort to save money. But, as Personal Capital notes, “with financial strain and tightened budgets, the easiest way to save money this Thanksgiving may be to skip it altogether.”

In 2020, an Ipsos survey found that nine out of ten Americans planned to participate in Thanksgiving activities, but according to Personal Capital’s survey, 1 in 4 Americans is planning to skip Thanksgiving this year to save money.

While many are cutting costs by not celebrating Thanksgiving at all, others are slashing expenses in other ways. “Many of this year’s Thanksgiving hosts are keeping things simple and affordable by sharing the load,” explains Personal Capital. “Over half of respondents planned to keep gatherings small, make fewer dishes, and ask guests to bring something to the table. Another 42% were willing to ask guests to pitch in money for the meal.”

Younger generations are more likely to use all four methods, while older generations are less likely to use any of them.

more
https://pjmedia.com/culture/matt-margolis/2022/10/14/thanksgiving-is-being-canceled-by-many-due-to-bidenflation-n1637046
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Thanksgiving Is Being Canceled by Many Due to Bidenflation
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 03:03:19 pm »
My favorite holiday is always been Thanksgiving. Eat and drink yourself to a bloated state. And it’s a remarkably American holiday second to Fourth of July.

What happens when the American people do the same thing for Christmas?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 03:25:42 pm »
Well other than division of labor between houses sort of potluck style (which has always been our way), none of the rest applies.

You can be assured, our Thanksgiving before the Father will be every bit the feast it always is. Even if we were otherwise starving, it would still be so, it is that important to our family. It is as much an act of faith as it is an act of thanks.

But of course, it is easier for us too - Everything but the mushroom soup, french onions, and cranberry sauce was made right here. Nearly all of it will come right out of the pantry, including the bird.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 03:38:27 pm »
Well other than division of labor between houses sort of potluck style (which has always been our way), none of the rest applies.

You can be assured, our Thanksgiving before the Father will be every bit the feast it always is. Even if we were otherwise starving, it would still be so, it is that important to our family. It is as much an act of faith as it is an act of thanks.

But of course, it is easier for us too - Everything but the mushroom soup, french onions, and cranberry sauce was made right here. Nearly all of it will come right out of the pantry, including the bird.

Same here for the most part.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 03:40:51 pm »
This reminds me.  I just missed Canadian Thanksgiving.  Got some emails to send.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 03:43:37 pm »

We gather together to ask the Lord’s blessing;
    He chastens and hastens His will to make known;
    The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing;
    Sing praises to His Name; He forgets not His own.

Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
    Ordaining, maintaining His kingdom divine;
    So from the beginning the fight we were winning;
    Thou, Lord, were at our side, all glory be Thine!

We all do extol Thee, Thou Leader triumphant,
    And pray that Thou still our Defender will be;
    Let Thy congregation escape tribulation;
    Thy Name be ever praised! O Lord, make us free!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 07:30:57 pm »
Golly in 2020 turkey was about $1.13 a pound and this year the projection is for 1.72 a pound, ham is projected up .76 a pound and Beef is not what's for dinner!...DAMN TRUMP!(says Brandon)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2022, 08:13:20 pm »
We already made plans to go to the local bowling center for turkey buffet. All you can eat with all the fixings.  $19,99 per plate.  Includes one free game.

I'd rather go bowling..do they serve bloody marys?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 08:35:26 pm by mystery-ak »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2022, 08:34:20 pm »
At Walmart a generic brand turkey is 1.89lb and I usually get 20/25lb turkey...I will most likely cook for my whole family..10 of us. I make all the dishes and desserts. I know this sounds tacky but neither of my dil's are good cooks and my sons do most of the cooking in their houses.. :shrug:

A couple of years ago my one dil made the snack called Puppy Chow. The last step of the recipe is to coat the cereal mixture in powdered sugar....when I opened the container up to serve people I noticed something was wrong...she had used flour instead of powdered sugar...lol

https://joyfoodsunshine.com/puppy-chow-recipe/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2022, 09:35:58 pm »
Made with real puppies?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-