Author Topic: Hurricane Ian Thread  (Read 26063 times)

Offline rustynail

Re: Hurricane Ian Thread
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2022, 10:06:23 pm »
If a boat ends up in your yard do you get to keep it?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2022, 10:07:49 pm »
Has anybody heard fron @libertybele?  I imagine she has no cell phone service.

I don't know where she exactly is, but she sadly lamented about '04 Charley.  I did hear today, that Ian incredibly hit the exact spot Charley did.

And, she mentioned she might be riding it out.  Definitely all need to pray for her safety.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2022, 10:08:02 pm »
Pink Shell Resort in Ft. Myers ----

Before:

After:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2022, 10:09:49 pm »
Has anybody heard fron libertybele?  I imagine she has no cell phone service.
I suspect she's hunkered down. Continued - constant, actually - prayers for her safety.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2022, 10:12:35 pm »
Naples--

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #180 on: September 28, 2022, 10:16:43 pm »
Naples--

That is an amazing example of storm surge.  Inundation is coming in so quickly it is creating white caps.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2022, 10:22:31 pm »
Naples----

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2022, 10:25:30 pm »
Monstrous EIGHTEEN FOOT storm surge swallows Fort Myers and leaves hundreds of families clinging to their rooftops: Record-breaking Hurricane Ian leaves one million without power and sends tsunami of flood water crashing up West Coast

Horrifying footage showed wave after wave smash the small city of Fort Myers, swallowing buildings and cars
It sees the 'unsurvivable' torrent of water engulf palm trees in the tropical resort and rip some from their roots
The tempest was forced forwards by 155mph winds - only the fifth storm in history to smack land at that speed
Meanwhile Naples and Sanibel Island were also rocked by the 'historic' hurricane, with houses overwhelmed
Across the state 1,103,460  homes saw blackouts and Ron DeSantis said he expected it to be millions

More:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11250413/Ian-strengthens-Category-1-hurricane-nears-Cuba-NHC.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2022, 10:45:11 pm »
I don't know where she exactly is, but she sadly lamented about '04 Charley.  I did hear today, that Ian incredibly hit the exact spot Charley did.

And, she mentioned she might be riding it out.  Definitely all need to pray for her safety.

We had reservations twice out of here then cancelled as they predicted north FL first, then Tampa, now they are predicting a Cat 4 to be right on top of us with a high storm surge.  So praying.  Our neighbor next to us (I finally met him) is staying and our neighbors next to them are also staying. They had mandatory evacuations but we were not included in that evacuation but we are still vulnerable.  Lots of FL is vulnerable.

We have all the windows shuttered with hurricane code compliant shutters, garage is hurricane compliant and stained glass front door is supposed to be hurricane resistant so, we'll soon find out.  Home is 5 years old and hopefully was built to current hurricane codes.

So.... bracing for impact and praying.

Yes, TB has dodged a bullet -- they will see minimal storm surge and maybe a Cat 1

I am much further south and I am bracing for impact @catfish1957

I will touch base when I can -- we are supposed to see the worst tomorrow around noon until middle of Thursday.  We have a solar charged radio and cell phone charger.  The last hurricane took out a couple of cell towers, so who knows.

Thank you for prayers.  happy77 :beer:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2022, 11:34:11 pm »
I suspect she's hunkered down. Continued - constant, actually - prayers for her safety.

Yep…hope she and her family are ok
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2022, 11:47:46 pm »
My parents are stuck in their condo in Fort Myers Beach, no power, both cars submerged and gone. 4th floor.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2022, 11:50:04 pm »
My parents are stuck in their condo in Fort Myers Beach, no power, both cars submerged and gone. 4th floor.

Oh my...I'm afraid to call my sister....she lives in Chicago but her winter home is on Sanibel...from what I can see on the news it looks like the Island is under water.... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2022, 11:54:03 pm »
Naples has unprecedented surge, likely inundating the bottom floor of the most expensive properties.  Marco Island is bound to be in the same position.  Cape Coral is a town of 190,000 built on a network of canals.  I don’t know where insured losses will rate in comparison to Harvey, but it will be the all time worst for Florida.
No problemo.....just sue the oil co's that caused the climate change that created this storm.  Don't believe me?  Just turn on any new station....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2022, 11:57:33 pm »
No problemo.....just sue the oil co's that caused the climate change that created this storm.  Don't believe me?  Just turn on any new station....

Really? Are any blaming oil companies? Haven't heard that so far? Disgusting if true.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2022, 12:44:19 am »
"This is the Fire-station in Naples 😱🙁 🙏 #naplesflorida  #Hurricane_Ian"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/AMErikaNGIRLLL/status/1575265993563291649

Offline Idiot

Neither the National Hurricane Center or local weather stations are giving any definitive information.  They are all saying it's too early to tell.  We in this area have a new doplar 3X that's supposed to be very accurate -- all they are saying again is it's too early to say anything.

Latest spaghetti models.

Seems like a later than normal hurricane season. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2022, 12:51:35 am »
MSDNC has broken away from their non-stop 'Jan 6 / Trump' propaganda just long enough to showcase Florida as a horrible place to live.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2022, 12:55:48 am »
Wild video shows shark thrashing in surge waters of Hurricane Ian as storm bombards Florida

A SHARK has been filmed swimming in the rising flood waters of Hurricane Ian, terrifying onlookers and viewers alike.

A video shared on Twitter Wednesday captured the creature as it thrashed against the surge waters off Fort Myers Beach while Florida gets bombarded by the storm.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6323974/shark-found-in-surge-waters-hurricane-ian/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2022, 12:58:53 am »
"This is the Fire-station in Naples 😱🙁 🙏 #naplesflorida  #Hurricane_Ian"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/AMErikaNGIRLLL/status/1575265993563291649

I have seen this on Fox...why on earth didn't they move these engines to high ground...now they are all under water....reminds me of the buses during Katrina...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2022, 01:04:20 am »
I have seen this on Fox...why on earth didn't they move these engines to high ground...now they are all under water....reminds me of the buses during Katrina...

Great question ----

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2022, 01:05:21 am »
"I've been capturing video from this webcam in Fort Myers all day and I've put it into a Timelapse. Check out the storm surge rushing in! Crazy. #Ian #flwx'  (Video)

https://twitter.com/WxBrenn/status/1575253395304288271

Online corbe

« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2022, 01:07:50 am »
    I suppose the Media will wait till morning, when Ian leaves Florida, to concentrate on the Looting.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2022, 02:12:09 am »
    I suppose the Media will wait till morning, when Ian leaves Florida, to concentrate on the Looting.

I heard earlier on Fox that it has already started....a few were looting a gas station..
Support the USO

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2022, 02:37:55 am »
I heard earlier on Fox that it has already started....a few were looting a gas station..

Where there is an overwhelming of police... there will be looting in high minority areas.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2022, 02:45:33 am »
Where there is an overwhelming of police... there will be looting in high minority areas.

there are an overwhelming number of rednecks that will shoot their ass down here.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.