Author Topic: USAF to Unveil B-21 Stealth Bomber in December  (Read 258 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USAF to Unveil B-21 Stealth Bomber in December
« on: September 20, 2022, 05:19:46 pm »
USAF to Unveil B-21 Stealth Bomber in December

The strategic bomber has been developed in near-total secrecy at Northrop Grumman's plant in Palmdale, California.
MARCUS WEISGERBER | SEPTEMBER 20, 2022 12:42 PM ET
AIR FORCE INDUSTRY ACQUISITION

The U.S. Air Force will roll out its new B-21 stealth bomber the first week of December, the service's top weapons buyer said Tuesday.

Andrew Hunter, the assistant Air Force secretary for acquisition, technology and logistics, gave no more details, not even a location for the rollout, which is expected to mark the first public view of the aircraft, which has been developed in near-total secrecy. He spoke Tuesday at the Air and Space Forces Association’s Air, Space & Cyber conference outside Washington, D.C.

Northrop Grumman is building the B-21 at a factory in Palmdale, California. The aircraft is expected to make its first flight in 2023.

The rollout week coincides with the Reagan National Defense Forum, when dozens of top military officials are already in California, about one hour from Palmdale.

This story is developing...

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/09/usaf-unveil-b-21-december/377396/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: USAF to Unveil B-21 Stealth Bomber in December
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 05:23:20 pm »
Lets hope the wheels work...  :whistle: