Author Topic: China could steal 10,000+ US troops’ data with tech near US military base; report  (Read 140 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China could steal 10,000+ US troops’ data with tech near US military base; report

SEPTEMBER 19, 2022 RYAN MORGAN

More than ten thousand U.S. troops and civilian employees at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska may be at risk of having their cell data stolen after Chinese equipment was installed on a nearby cell tower.

Last week, Rep. Mike Flood (R-NE) wrote to the U.S. Department of Commerce to raise concerns about equipment made by Huawei reportedly being used on cell phone towers near U.S. military bases. He asked the department to confirm whether Huawei equipment was used on the towers.

Huawei is a Chinese telecommunications firm. It has been included on the U.S. list of foreign entities to which trade restrictions are applied. That list is maintained by the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS).

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/09/china-could-steal-10000-us-troops-data-with-tech-near-us-military-base-report/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson